Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?

Go down 
+36
GrandNational
Approval Guy
Schbopo
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Dave the Boss
JBall_Z
thejokeriv
James B.
ultmetal
Storm_Rider89
Leatherface
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
ZetaReticuli
brontotex
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Eyesore
Planchaaaa
Hamer12
Addy
Ben Grimm
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Empty
PostSubject: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:19 pm

Just throwing this out there for discussion.

Dio's gone forever, most agree that taking back Ozzy would be a mistake and other past singers don't seem to be interested or are dead (sorry, Ray). Tony's still got riffs out the ying-yang, Geezer and Bill (or probably Vinny) can still play. The question is, who's gonna sing? This is just for fun, so it doesn't matter if this person is already in a band or whatever (just no resurrecting the dead Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? 927150 ).

Out of the current crop of singers out there, who would you like to see behind the mic for another Sabbath album and tour? Or should Tony just retire the name Black Sabbath and continue to put out solo albums with various vocalists?

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Ideally? Tony Martin or Halford. As none of that is happening (Martin said that he would not work with Iommi in Sabbath again and Halford has his solo band and Priest) my idea is to lay the Sabbath name to rest as I said in another thread. Really - Ozzy is not up to par with his voice now so need to bury the name. With Dio's death the guys should just take a new name and get a new vocalist. Glenn Hughes would be nice - just don't call it Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Tony Martin and Ian Gillan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Tony Martin. One of my all time favourite vocalists.

His voice is magical in Headless cross.

I could also think of U.D.O (Nah, just kidding)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

My vote would go to Glenn Hughes, the last two Iommi 'solo' albums should what a strong musical team these two guys make, plus Hughes could sing all eras of Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:42 pm

I think either Ron Keel or Jeff Fenholt deserve another shot Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Tony Martin makes the most sense.

Ozzy will take 10 years to complete 2 songs.

Keel was in BS?? I must've missed that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Keel was in BS?? I must've missed that.

According to Ron Keel, he was. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_lol He supposedly did some demo stuff with Sabbath in the early 80s after Ian Gillan left but nothing came of it.

From Blacksabbath.com:

Black Sabbath was to work with producer Spencer Proffer at this time, having come off the wildly sucessful album "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot. Proffer's choice of vocalist for the album was American singer Ron Keel. Apparently Proffer had worked up a demo tape of songs with Ron Keel on it and presented this to Tony. Apparently this material wasn't up to snuff to the Sabs, so the relationship soured between Sabbath and Proffer, and both he and Keel went shortly after this. Since this didn't progress past the demo stage, I don't count this as an "official lineup."

Here's some text from Ron Keel about his involvement with Sabbath...

"I had been doing the KEEL demos at Pasha in Hollywood, which was owned by Quiet Riot producer Spencer Proffer. Quiet Riot had just sold ten million records and Spencer was the hot producer, and he was set to do the next Sabbath album. Ian Gillian had just quit and Spencer heard the KEEL demos, hooked me up with Tony and Geezer, and I demoed some of the material that Spencer wanted them to record and we hung out for a few days plotting the future (basically Tony and Geezer wishing they could get Ozzy back). MTV, radio, everybody announced that Ron Keel was the new singer in Sabbath, but something went sour in their deal with Spencer Proffer and I went with it. They went through a bunch of other singers, but all they really wanted was Ozzy. I know for a fact that no singer, including me, was ever "in" Black Sabbath except Ozzy Osbourne."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Ripper! He hasnt been part of BS yet!

Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Martin will not work with Iommi in Sabbath. He said that time and time again. And it's no wonder - he has not been treated that well during his Sabbath run.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
Ripper! He hasnt been part of BS yet!

Y'know, oddly enough I could see that working out. Somebody get his phone # to Tony Iommi. Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? 201269

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Zdan wrote:
Martin will not work with Iommi in Sabbath. He said that time and time again. And it's no wonder - he has not been treated that well during his Sabbath run.

I never heard him say that. He came back after "Dehumanizer" and he's not doing much now ... why not?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think either Ron Keel or Jeff Fenholt deserve another shot Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_lol

Smart ass!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Just because I happening to be playing Warrior's The Code of Life at the moment, I'm gonna throw in the name Rob Rock into the ring. Why not?

And if Halford can step in every now and then, I don't see why Tim Owens couldn't do the same.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Tony Martin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I think either Ron Keel or Jeff Fenholt deserve another shot Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_lol

Smart ass!!!

Better than dumb ass.... Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? 911681

Seriously tho, maybe Tony and Geezer oughta spend some time trolling YouTube for Sabbath tribute bands from the Philippines. What the hell, it worked for Journey.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Jorn Lande.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Ripper would be awful in SABBATH and ruin the mood. He's not a "doomy" singer. I can imagine him screeching out all kinds of extra high notes. Tony Martin still sounds good and his pitch is solid.

I don't really like him in Malmsteen's band either, although I guess he is OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Dan Nelson.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I have to agree with zdan, with Dio's death Sabbath should be layed to rest.

Unless the original line up records an album, Sabbath should call it a day.

I agree with ToB Tony Martin is most logical choice if they are considering going under the name of Black Sabbath, but it looks like Iommi's prefered vocalist now adays is Glenn Hughes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Don't forget Steve Grimmet of Grim Reaper. He was asked to audition too, according to him anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I think they should keep going as H & H and bring Hughes on board.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm

The thought of Black Sabbath working with either Ron Keel or producer Spencer Proffer is an idea that could only have come from a coked out record executive.

I doubt it even got to the point of demo stages or this would have leaked by now and released on the various bootlegs.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Black Sabbath should never be resurrected. What should happen is a "new" group comprising of Iommi, Butler, Tony Martin and whoever they want on drums.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:

I never heard him say that. He came back after "Dehumanizer" and he's not doing much now ... why not?

Martin was not treated the best in Sabbath if you can imagine that. Check out some interviews on Black Sabbath.com. I don't see Martin returning - the band has totally forgotten his era and he never received his due as a Sabbath singer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?   Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Would YOU Like To Sing In Sabbath?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: