Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!

Go down 
+12
akeldama
Required Fields
T-Roy
Lari
GrandNational
Joe
exact33
jerseyultifan+
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Actually Bruins and Flyers play tomorrow night. Only one game tonight.

The Nucks are up 2-0 after the first. I wouldn't say the Hawks are playing bad though. Good pace. I think good things will happen if they keep it up. How about capitalizing on the PP that starts the period?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:44 am

Lari wrote:
The Wings are OUT! Yeah!

HAHAHAHA! I love it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:01 pm

So glad Detroit is gone. Wondering why Chicago is so inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:19 am

TheNazgul wrote:
So glad Detroit is gone. Wondering why Chicago is so inconsistent.

Same here. Now if we could just see the Penguins go down in flames! headbanger

Philly hung on to make it a 2 games to 3 series against Boston, beating them 4 - 0 in game five. Flyers goalie Brian Boucher left the game in the middle of the second period with what looked like a very painful knee injury, adding to the Flyers season long goalie issues. Thankfully Michael Leighton was cleared to play just the day before and will take over the goalie duties for however long the Flyers stay in the playoff series. It will take a miracle for them to take this series as one loss finishes them, but at least there is a glimmer of hope now after being down 3 games to 0.

And in other good news, the Penguins lost last night, forcing a game 7. Go Habs!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:57 am

According to reports I've heard this morning, Flyers goalie Boucher has 2 sprained knees, but no rips or tears. While he's probably done for the season, the injury doesn't appear that serious.

I keep waiting for the disappointment of the Flyers loss, yet they keep hanging in there. Apparently my pessimism is fueling them. If I get on the bandwagon now, they're done. Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_razz

Saw this last night after the game...the combined shut-out last night from Boucher and Leighton was the first time since 1955 that 2 goalies had a combined effort shut-out in the Playoffs. Thought that was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Philly has heart so we'll see how far that takes them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Philly has heart so we'll see how far that takes them.

It worked for Rocky Balboa. Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_lol

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Well, if the Flyers somehow manage to make it through this round, I think it will be another record. It's pretty rare that a team moves on to the next round of the playoffs after being down 3 games to none. I don't really expect it to happen, but am glad they didn't just give up without a fight.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Hawks owning the Canucks in the second period of game six. 3-0 good guys. And the Canuck players just seem to break one after another. Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd are hammering their defensemen.

Looking real good now. One more period to go. Don't let off the gas!

EDIT: HAWKS WIN! 5-1. A dominating performance, a statement game.

Bring on the Sharks! I really am not afraid of them. Not that I didn't have faith in the Blackhawks against anyone in the West, but to me the Red Wings and the Canucks were the teams to beat. The Hawks looked real good against the Sharks in the regular season (as they did against pretty much every team except Dallas).

The Hawks won the season series 3-1, with one blowout victory (Hossa's Blackhawk debut, 7-2 in the Shark Tank with three short handed goals) and the only loss was after the Hawks won shots on goal 47-14, but lost 2-3.

To me it seems like the Blackhawks match real well against the Sharks. But San Jose has been gaining momentum and building confidence for two rounds now. It will be a great series. Two teams that deserve to be there!

No surprises in the West this year. I am so glad my Red Wings - Canucks prediction was off.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:23 pm

du Charks mon!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Why can't Chicago play like that everyday? They dominated on both sides and played not to just win but to show who was the better team.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Well for one, the 'Hawks are a very young team with very little playoff experience and that kind of inconsistent play is normal. They are still shredding though and will only get better in the playoffs as the years go.....take the Penguins for example.

Not the Caps though...they get worse. LOL! SORRY, COULDN'T HELP MYSELF! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:00 pm

The Blackhawks aren't that inconsistent. That Game Five they had good hustle, just didn't get the result. Anyway they are an extremely tough team to beat in a best of seven series. The Sharks have a mountain to climb. And if it gets to that, any team out of the East, too.

But now, it's GAME SEVEN TIME! Let's see what Sidney and the Pens are made of. The deciding game against the Habs is just about to start. Mike Cammalleri has been unstoppable so far, and Halak has played lights out, but still... the thought of having the Montreal Canadiens all the way in the Conference finals seems pretty surreal.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Too bad Pens! Can't win 'em all I guess. Fleury really let them down (and he's supposed to be an elite goalie). Well better luck next year ! Good luck to the remaining teams ..... except the Flyers !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:53 pm

I cannot freakin' believe it! The Habs have done it again. That's five elimination games they've won already. And they've taken out the Presidents Trophy winners and the defending Stanley Cup champions in doing so.

With the Flyers up 2-0, we might actually be looking at 7 and 8 seeds playing each other for the Wales Trophy.

The chance of an original six Stanley Cup final is also almost likely at this point, with the Blackhawks, Canadiens and the Bruins still in the picture.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:09 am

It's a good day!

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ARE OUT! REDWINGS ARE OUT! First time since the 2007 season that these two teams didn't end up in the finals.

PHILADELPHIA come back from being down 3 games to none to force game 7. Who would have thought! If they can somehow manage to win this series and move on, it will be history for the team and the league itself. GO FLYERS GO!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:39 am

I tell you what, I haven't seen such amazing goal tending in the playoffs since the late 90's when you had all the greats going at it. This is just so exciting. Halak, Rask, Quick, Fluery, now Leighton, Nabby...it's awesome! I mean we have just seen some classic performances the last month. If the Habs make it to the finals....Halak will be the Con Smythe winner win or loose.

I never really bought into all the "Montreal Magic" over the years but I gotta say....I think there may be something to it! That crowd is insane. They cheer as loud on a Halak save as when a goal is scored! lol!

GO SHARKS!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:11 am

Flyers keeping the dream alive for one more game!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
OH, SPEAKING OF INSANE CROWDS....PHILLY WAS ROCKING LAST NIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:24 am

T-Roy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
OH, SPEAKING OF INSANE CROWDS....PHILLY WAS ROCKING LAST NIGHT!!!

Yea, they were getting a little crazy last night. If they had scored another goal on that penalty shot (great save by Rask, btw), they woulda blown the roof off the arena. Friday's game 7 in Boston will be a real nail-biter.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Rask has a ridiculous glove hand.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:14 pm

If the Flyers winning wasnt enough, the icing on the cake was seeing this:

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Sid2

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Actually, I can understand that. You have to give a lot of emotion to get that far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:25 pm

That pics not real, is it? It looks photoshopped to me. The tears look too big.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Yup, photoshopped, even the lip curl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next