Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!

Go down 
+12
akeldama
Required Fields
T-Roy
Lari
GrandNational
Joe
exact33
jerseyultifan+
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 am

Since when was Soupy Chicago's "top defenseman"? Keith and Seabrook are the cornerstones of that defense. Duncan Keith is the front-runner for the Norris trophy. The Hawks could use Campbell's creative offensive game, for sure they were a better team with it, but I don't think they really need it against Nashville. The good guys should prevail fairly easy. Can't wait till Friday!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 am

It will be the Pens and Caps in the Eastern Conference Final.The West is too hard to call.I still think it will be the Caps as Stanley Cup champs.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 am

Lari wrote:
Since when was Soupy Chicago's "top defenseman"? Keith and Seabrook are the cornerstones of that defense. Duncan Keith is the front-runner for the Norris trophy. The Hawks could use Campbell's creative offensive game, for sure they were a better team with it, but I don't think they really need it against Nashville. The good guys should prevail fairly easy. Can't wait till Friday!
Right on, Lari! GO BLACKHAWKS! Niemi is a great goaltender!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 pm

007 wrote:
It will be the Pens and Caps in the Eastern Conference Final.The West is too hard to call.I still think it will be the Caps as Stanley Cup champs.

as long as it is not Cindy Crosby again I could live with the caps...

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:46 am

While I have been a Flyers fan since the early 80s, I also really dig the Rangers. Oh well, at least one of 'em made it in.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

exact33 wrote:
007 wrote:

as long as it is not Cindy Crosby again I could live with the caps...

I don't mind the Caps. Can't stand the Flyers-the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am

It'll be the Pens and Caps in the East Finals.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am

7thSaviour wrote:
It'll be the Pens and Caps in the East Finals.

If that is the case, go CAPS!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:24 am

I'm gearing myself up for the great disappointment that will be the Flyers. At least the Philles are starting out strong.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm gearing myself up for the great disappointment that will be the Flyers. At least the Philles are starting out strong.

They have the talent! The Flyers could take it all the way. Boucher will really need to step it up. Their goalie issues have haunted them all season.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

They have the talent! The Flyers could take it all the way. Boucher will really need to step it up. Their goalie issues have haunted them all season.

I suppose they could surprise everyone, but seeing how they barely scratched their way into the post-season, I can't get too excited over this first round. Maybe if they beat the Devils I'll get more into it.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That and the fact they still try to beat everyone up when the name of the game now is speed and skill. I think sometimes the Flyers brass are a decade or two behind...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
[They have the talent! The Flyers could take it all the way. Boucher will really need to step it up. Their goalie issues have haunted them all season.

That and the fact they still try to beat everyone up when the name of the game now is speed and skill. I think sometimes the Flyers brass are a decade or two behind...[/quote]

That is Exactly why they will not win anything now nor in the near future.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm

exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That and the fact they still try to beat everyone up when the name of the game now is speed and skill. I think sometimes the Flyers brass are a decade or two behind...

I'd argue that point, but I think you're right. The spirit of the Broad Street Bullies is still alive & well with management even if the game has changed. I think they still hold a grudge against hiring Russian players for Pete's sake.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Go Coyotes! I'll watch a few games of hockey in the regular season, but not as much as I really want to. I'll definitely be watching the playoffs, though.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd argue that point, but I think you're right. The spirit of the Broad Street Bullies is still alive & well with management even if the game has changed. I think they still hold a grudge against hiring Russian players for Pete's sake.
Laughing very hard \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:19 pm

exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't know. Guys like Pronger and Carter are some of the league best defenseman, and I don't think they worry much about bullying. Hitting hard it part of the game and the Flyers are some of the best. I really don't think their reputation is holding them back as much as goalie issues.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't know. Guys like Pronger and Carter are some of the league best defenseman, and I don't think they worry much about bullying. Hitting hard it part of the game and the Flyers are some of the best. I really don't think their reputation is holding them back as much as goalie issues.

It seems like the flyers are always going to have goalie issues. It is probably the main reason but i dont think they are as fast as other teams and I dont think they have the puck handeling defensemen like the top tier teams have.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm

XYZ wrote:
Go Coyotes! I'll watch a few games of hockey in the regular season, but not as much as I really want to. I'll definitely be watching the playoffs, though.
I sure hope the Coyotes kick the Red Wings' ass. It sucked to see the Hawks lose that last game of the regular season. With a Hawks win, the Wings would have been playing the Canucks in the first round. That would have been awesome. No matter who wins, one contender is out. As a matter of fact, were the Red Wings and Canucks ever to play each other, I'd be rooting for the rink to collapse.

I don't really believe in the Flyers. They do have a couple of real good top quality forwards like Carter, Richards and Gagne, but the Devils are probably the outside favourites to win the East. An incredibly tough defensive system and solid goaltending is hard to beat during the playoffs. They have owned the Penguins all season, for instance, beating them 6 times to 0 in the regular season. With Kovalchuk they even have some creative offense.

I think the Devils will take it, but then if they match up against the Sabres, Ryan Miller might just be too much.

The Penguins however I think would have no trouble shelling Miller with shots and sending the Sabres packing. The Pens just have to avoid the Devils insane
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 12:51 am

Hell yeah! Coyotes win game 1! Good thing they didn't move to Canada after all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 am

How about that! Four games and all of them went against my predictions. I watched the Penguins game and it was some great hockey. At least apart from goaltending. That Senators checking line with Ruutu and Neil was the deciding factor.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 am

Flyers win! Flyers win!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 am

exact33 wrote:
Flyers win! Flyers win!!

Good game one. Boucher really stepped up.

Overall, it was a good night last night. The Flyers won! The Penguins lost! The Red Wings lost!

Tonight it's the Kings and the Canucks. Go KINGS! Wearing my Kings jersey today. Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 11840

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Flyers win! Flyers win!!

Good game one. Boucher really stepped up.

Overall, it was a good night last night. The Flyers won! The Penguins lost! The Red Wings lost!

Tonight it's the Kings and the Canucks. Go KINGS! Wearing my Kings jersey today. Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 11840
I will be for the Kings unless they play my Blackhawks! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 am

That Philly/Jersey series will surely divide the state of NJ in twain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next