Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!

Go down 
+12
akeldama
Required Fields
T-Roy
Lari
GrandNational
Joe
exact33
jerseyultifan+
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:33 pm

2-0, kewl!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:14 am

Once again, not looking good for the Flyers. Now I'm just hoping for at least 1 win to avoid a sweep.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 am

The Blackhawks are looking to sweep the Flyers out of the Stanley Cup Final! Game 3 is tonight! LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 11840
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm

C'mon Flyers, DIG DEEP!! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:27 pm

And fall in that hole.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Damn McCreary and his officiating. No interference or hooking called tonight? Plus a bunch of blatant high sticks, too. He is letting it get out of hand.

Despite him, the Hawks manage to tie it up. Nice to see Sopel pot one. The game is 2-2 after two.

And did that puck really cross the goal line or was it just a bad camera angle? The shot I saw on CBC was from a tilted view where the puck was rolling, not decisively over the line (which is what you need to reverse a call on the ice).

Okay, to be fair, the Flyers have two penalties and both of them were bad calls, in my opinion. Pronger keeps hacking, interfering and cross checking, but that particular play wasn't that bad, in my opinion. And that Carcillo charging call was based solely on his reputation.

Still, powerplays should be like 8 to 2 for the Hawks. Why was Byfuglien called twice? He did nothing either time. Reputation calls?

In conclusion, screw McCreary. But you have to be able to fight through bad calls, it's part of the game. Hawks need to be able to kill penalties, otherwise they don't deserve to win. Conquer every obstacle, negotiate every bump, thrive when the going gets tough and things don't go your way and never give up. That's what being a champion is about. The Flyers on the other hand tend to complain a lot to the refs whenever things don't work out for them.

Let's see the third period....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:15 am

From the angles I saw, both calls on the reviewed goals were correct. The first one did indeed cross the line, barely, but it did. Goal. The 2nd one in the 3rd period slid along the goal line, but never broke the plain, and was only knocked in after the whistle, so no goal.

The Hawks defense was outstanding nonetheless. The majority of Flyers shots towards the net never even reached the goalie.

Flyers live to see another day and at the very least, avoid a sweep. Hooooooray!!

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

The Hawks better figure out the Flyers forecheck and fast. They look like they're struggling to even set up at times.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:46 pm

So we're heading back to Chicago all tied up, 2-2. It's a series now alright.

Blackhawks seemed to me like they were controlling the play more in game four, but a couple of defensive lapses cost them the game. Namely the two by Hjalmarsson. Did he even play after the second failed clearing attempt?

For the Flyers, good execution, good powerplay again, and after the first period they really managed the slow things down and focus on keeping their lead. Apart from the panic in their own zone in the last ten minutes, a good game by the Flyers.

The Blackhawks made it interesting by coming within a goal in the final few minutes, and even then rang one off the post, but just weren't able to put it in and force overtime.

I still think the Hawks are going to win in six. The Flyers are a top team, they've proven they belong here. But the Hawks are better, and they should play like that. If it gets to game seven, I'll be upset. Cardiac arrest time.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 am

Chicago will take Game 5, but Philly made it a series with that Game 4 win to even the score.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Time for Game Five! Losing game four was disheartening, knowing the series will now go at least six games (not to mention the chances of Blackhawks losing increased dramatically), but I'm ready to go again!

Kane and Toews will supposedly play in different lines. Quenneville is trying to expose the Flyers defense when Pronger is not on the ice. I don't know if it will work though, Timonen is pretty effective, too.

The Flyers forecheck has been good too, but I can't help but feel that if the Hawks get their offense rolling, it still will be a mismatch. Jonathan Toews, Captain Serious, better show up tonight.

L E T' S ..G O ..H A W K S !
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 am

The Blackhawks won tonight and are now just one win away from a Stanley Cup win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:16 am

These next two days will go extremely slow, I can tell you. I will be dreaming of a game six win three nights in a row.

But seriously, they have to win now. I'm thirty. I need to see the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup in my lifetime, and I cannot guarantee I'll be around if it takes another 49 years.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am

No matter the outcome, the Blackhawks still SUCK! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 706602

Go Flyers!

Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Good game, finally showed their offensive ability. Go Blackhawks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:50 pm

That game was hard to watch last night.

My brother reminded me too that no matter what the outcome of this series, living in Philadelphia, neither of us will be able to wear our Chicago Blackhawks Clark W. Griswold jerseys for a long, long time. This makes me Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_sad

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
No matter the outcome, the Blackhawks still SUCK! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 706602

Go Flyers!

Very Happy
A sore loser even before anything is lost? Razz

I think the Flyers will want to think if keeping Jeff Carter in the top line is smart anymore. Whether it's his injuries or just that he's in a slump, he has not delivered so far. It's an elimination game and his minutes need to be reduced. Richards, Briere, Leino and Hartnell have been the best forwards. Overload them as much as possible. There's all summer to rest afterwards...

Leighton needs to play his best game of the series. Pronger had a bad game, but I'm afraid he'll rebound and be twice as nasty Wednesday. It will be interesting. THE STANLEY CUP WILL BE IN THE BUILDING!

Hawks should just try and keep the same level of intensity as they found for game five. They blew the Flyers away in the first period and you have to think a start like that, maybe an early goal in game six, and the Flyers will start doubting themselves.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Philadelphia are the Cinderella team here. No one expected them to even make the playoffs, no less be in the Stanley Cup Finals. I honestly never expected them to get as far into the series as they have. Their goalie troubles, injuries, changing of coaches mid-year, etc. have all been factors for this team. Yet somehow they made the playoffs, whipped the Devils, came back from being down 3 games to none to beat Boston, hit a record with shutout wins against The Canadians. Won the conference. Win or lose the cup, they had quite the season.

GO FLYERS!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Congrats Blackhawks !! Thank God the Flyers didn't win it !!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:15 pm

It's over. Flyers lose. Chicago wins the cup. Congrats to Chicago and their fans.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Congradulations to the Chicago Blackhawks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:37 am

Oh My God
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Huge props to the Flyers.

Whenever they seemed beat, they picked themselves up and came out fighting. Losing in overtime seemed very appropriate. They were outplayed in the game for 45 minutes, but came back and forced OT, only to lose on a small angle shot. Great series, all the games were tight and apart from game five they were all one-goal games (not counting empty netters)

Also, the Nashville Predators were damn close to beating the Hawks or at least force SEVEN games, which as a Hawks fan I luckily never had to experience during these playoffs. Thank you Erat for that misplay in the offensive zone that enabled Pat Kane to tie Game Five up. Then again, Erat did score twice and helped the Predators get as close as they did. Also, Hawks won game six, and probably would have been favourites to win game seven.

Come to think of it, not facing elimination once in these playoffs is quite something.

Vancouver... damn, they have a formidable hockey team. The Canucks were my (superstitious) pick to win the Stanley Cup. I would not want my Hawks to face that team again next season. Especially if the Hawks have to play without Dustin Byfuglien who seems to own the Canucks. Second best team in the league? In my opinion, yes.

The Sharks were better than 0 and 4, too. Just that they missed that extra oomph to battle one goal wins against the Hawks, who were very determined this post-season. The Sharks coach said this was a learning experience and I expect them to come back stronger next time around.

Detroit... never faced you. Nothing good to say about that franchise either. Suck it! DETROIT SUCKS!

In all honestly, I did think the Red Wings had a good team, but I always felt comfortable the Hawks would have taken them in a seven game series. The Sharks were a better match for the Hawks, but the masochistic side of me wanted the Wings to play the Hawks in the conference finals, to show once and for all the torch has been passed. The CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS are the best team in the world!

I proudly wore my Jonathan Toews jersey to work Thursday. Speaking of Toews, wow, what a year. Olympic gold medal, best forward in the tournament, now Stanley Cup + Conn Smythe Trophy for playoff MVP. That's insane for a 22-year-old. By now, I bet everyone knows how to pronounce his last name.

Also.....

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Hossa-cupx-topper-medium
HOOOOOOSSSSAAAAA!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12