Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!

Go down 
+12
akeldama
Required Fields
T-Roy
Lari
GrandNational
Joe
exact33
jerseyultifan+
thejokeriv
7thSaviour
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 7:39 pm

And the Flyers force a game 7 only to play like crap! Down 3 to 0 in the first period? What the...?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
And the Flyers force a game 7 only to play like crap! Down 3 to 0 in the first period? What the...?

You were saying? Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:45 pm

HOLY COW! They pulled it off! Down 3 games to none and come back to win the game 7 after being down 3 - 0. Insane! I guess it's never over till it's over.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:54 pm

That was a comeback of historic proportions! High drama. It was a great, fast, intense game. Now go eliminate those rioting frenchies and their soccer chants!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:14 pm

What an unbelievable comeback that was!

A historic night in NHL history.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Did I say earlier Philly had heart? Dang, they had two or three each in this game.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:57 am

GO FLYERS!!!

what a comeback!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, the Flyers are off to a good start. Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 706602

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Hawks win 2-1! Slightly better tonight. Nothing against that last call against Dave Bolland, but it was worth noting the powerplays went 5 and 0 for the Sharks. San Jose playing a tad too careful maybe? At least in my opinion.

Both goalies played well, and Niemi was very cool and collected. Aside from the perfect top corner shot in the first period, Niemi was just calmly picking up those small percentage shots that usually add up to at least a goal or two. It's 1-0, Sharks really need that second game now.

In the other conference final, the Flyers destroyed Jaroslav Halak and the Montreal Canadiens. 6-0. No-one saw that coming. The game was pretty tight and the first 3 or so goals were really hard fought. Great play by the Flyers defense too.

I always thought Michael Leighton had it in him. He was a Hawks backup for Jocelyn Thibault back when the Hawks really sucked (think back to first line of Tyler Arnason, Kyle Calder and Mark Bell, ugh) and got a lot of undeserved flak for losing games when it was the team in front of him that sucked.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:15 am

ahem,scott! told you to have Philly faith! you have been outta the east coast way toooooooo long! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_lol go flyers!! yea! Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_cheers Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 56834
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:04 pm

I bet Chicago/ SJ goes 7. That was a tight game.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:42 pm

So, Philadelphia now leads the series against Montréal 2-0. They won tonight's game 3-0.

I actually felt Montréal outplayed Philadelphia for most of the game, but it just didn't show in the final score.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:03 am

Hawks take game two. Solid performance.

Great game by the Kane, Toews and Byfuglien line. Solid performance by the defense that skated hard, marked their men and had enough poise, grit and ability to shut down the Sharks offensive guys. Antti Niemi had another good game, too. Marleau got two, but that first one was a great shot. It was a bad call that lead to that PP though. Especially since later in that second period no obvious hooks or grabs seemed to be called. It was a wild one. What is it with Dave Bolland that drives the best opposing players so crazy? First Daniel Sedin and now Joe Thornton.

I'm thinking when the games shift to Chicago the calls are not going to favor the Sharks (anymore), so they really have to up their game. Nabokov was not terrible, but is exposed by the fact the opposing goalie plays so well. There was again a goal Nabby could have saved (1-0 by Andrew Ladd). Heatley needs to produce. And where is Joe Pavelski, the guy everyone speaks of?

Speaking of Dany Heatley, he is one difficult player to play against. Floats most of the time, goes under the radar, but once in every two games he snipes a goal. Great offensive awareness, great shot, and puts in very little work and does no backchecking. Nasty to play against, and I'm sure equally as nasty to play on the same team with.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:18 am

Required Fields wrote:
So, Philadelphia now leads the series against Montréal 2-0. They won tonight's game 3-0.

I actually felt Montréal outplayed Philadelphia for most of the game, but it just didn't show in the final score.

It's all about special teams, and Montreal's penalty kill wasn't working for them, nor was their power play. They had plenty of opportunity but didn't capitalize.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:06 am

After last night's game, I'm starting to think Montreal is starting to run out of gas. They had such a struggle to get to this far in the series, but now 2 games in and they haven't even scored a single goal.

I just hope for the Flyers sake that they don't get lazy with this big lead going into Game 3. No matter what, they gotta keep the pressure on.

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:39 am

San Jose looks like they're on automatic. I expected them to turn it on in game two and show more emotion.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
After last night's game, I'm starting to think Montreal is starting to run out of gas. They had such a struggle to get to this far in the series, but now 2 games in and they haven't even scored a single goal.

I just hope for the Flyers sake that they don't get lazy with this big lead going into Game 3. No matter what, they gotta keep the pressure on.

True. they of all the teams ought to know 3-0 lead in a series doesnt guarantee moving on to the next series.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Looks like Philly and Chicago at this point. Sharks aren't disappointing my "choke" predictions.

Halak as been solved....finally. Looks to me he's being left alone actually. You can't expect to win when your goalie is forced to make 3-4 consecutive saves per chance. He's still standing on his head, but now they're putting in the extra chances. That's not Halak's fault.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Unreal! Hawks are up 3-0! Awesome, awesome team! Overtime winner by Big Buff. My head still hurts after all the celebratory post-game beers.

Tomorrow it's the first chance to eliminate the Sharks. It's been 18 years since the team last won the Campbell trophy. I don't even remember where I was back then. I was a kid, I just became a Hawks fan that playoff season. Now I need closure, five more wins! Feels unreal, did I say that already?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:28 pm

That was a great game and should give the 'Hawks the emotional strength to finish off SJ.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:55 pm

The Chicago Blackhawks are off to the Stanley Cup Finals!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Hard to believe. SJ is going to have to figure something out, they can win the regular season and have nothing to show for it. Again. Sorry Ult, I have to root for Chicago now. Hope it's a great series.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Chicago is in. San Jose is out!

Philadelphia vs. Canadians, Game 5, tomorrow night.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh hell yeah!

I thought I'd never witness this again. Western Conference Champions, baby!

The best part is, the players ain't celebrating one bit. Totally focused on bringing the cup home.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:15 am

I hope the Flyers finish it off! Time to bring Lord Stanley's Cup back to Philly!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!   Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for the NHL playoffs!!!! Go Kings! Go Flyers!
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next