Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machine Head

Go down 
+31
Thelemech
corplhicks
Troublezone
Short-Fuse
Thrasher73
Required Fields
Boris2008
The_Jayroh
A Handful of Wayne
Temple of Blood
dark avenger
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
stormspell
Lurideath
Leatherface
nevermore
Gilbert
bgast1
thejokeriv
fingers
Eyesore
INVADERS
MetalRob331
MEGATRON
manny
akeldama
mc666
ultmetal
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Machine Head - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:16 pm

dont be its good

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:31 pm

How awesome is this? A kid at one of their shows held up a sign asking if he could play "Aesthetics of Hate" with them, and Robb brings him up on stage and handed him the guitar!

And he slayed it, leads and all! How amazing was that experience for that kid? Damn.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 am

New demo that was released yesterday, on Record Store Day. Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 pm

New tune from their upcoming album.

Kick ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
New tune from their upcoming album.

Kick ass! headbanger

Yeah I quite love that! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Pretty cool new song!  Except for that chorus.  Ridiculously pompous.

How many folks thought "I hope Machine Head adds keyboards to their sound"?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Pretty cool new song!  Except for that chorus.  Ridiculously pompous.

How many folks thought "I hope Machine Head adds keyboards to their sound"?

I think it's an orchestra. I don't mind it. It does seem a bit out of place, I guess, but I don't mind them trying something a little different.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Those "emotional" parts are just horrible. But the main riff is good, and I can't think of a good one they have had in a while. Which is surprising ... because they have both the guitarists from VIO-LENCE!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Yo, Temple of Blood, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:21 am

Required Fields wrote:

There will no love connections made in my thread, motherf*cker!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

There will no love connections made in my thread, motherf*cker!
Laughing very hard
As far as the tune goes,it sounds good.A little different for them but still good.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 9:33 am

I now own five MH albums: burn my eyes; the more things change; supercharger; the burning red and the blackening.

but I still do not consider myself as a true fan. I listen to this band occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

I agree with this review of Burn My Eyes 100%

Okay, let this be a lesson to all concerned. If you sound like this, then you are not thrash.

Really. Thrash is, maybe not always faster, but definitely more riff-oriented (if you want to hear midpaced thrash, check out Artillery's first demo).

Most of the stuff on this album is pretty much what can best be considered "half-thrash", in that it's halfway to thrash. The songs build up to a certain point, and there are riffs here and there, but the riffs are not overt enough, or choppy enough, to be fully thrash. What they really sound like are very watered-down speed metal riffs (same note, over and over again), slowed down a bit, and, most importantly reduced in the mix to accent the drums, thereby totally losing their edge. Throw in some Pantera-esque yelled vocals - generally midpaced and monotone, lacking distinction... oh and of course, every once in a while, stop the guitars entirely.

And, frankly, that style of music blows ass. You take a perfectly good genre of music, and poop on it. There really is no good reason why, other than "it hadn't been done before". New shit is still shit. That's just how the world works. It's music like this that is the precursor to f*cking mallcore. Look what you've done, you goddamn imbeciles. You took thrash and speed metal and turned it into this swill. Stupid squeal guitar, awful clean vocals, and other derivatives of modern filth that are pretty much a rebellion against common sense.

The highlights... well, the album actually starts off pretty decent. Davidian is a very good song. Even Old has its moments, and starts off quite promising. However, when it gets to that horrendous chorus, with its stomach-ache vocals, the album is unforgivably corrupted. Then there's stupid interludes like "Real Eyes", and did I mention the fact that Flynny should NEVER EVER try clean vocals?? "I'm Your God Now" is basically grunge.

So if you like your music boring, slowed down, and generally uninspired, this is the band for you. People that actually think this is the be-all, end-all of Robb Flynn are strongly encouraged to check out Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing the Masses.

I leave it up to you to figure out the name of the band.

from Ultraboris Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 6:32 pm

If you agree with that review, you need to get your ears and head checked. That review was written by an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If you agree with that review, you need to get your ears and head checked. That review was written by an idiot.
I liked that review and think very highly of his reviews. Why can't you politely disagree with out name calling? What the heck is wrong with the people who post here? Why is it okay to insult people? You sound immature.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
I agree with this review  of Burn My Eyes 100%

Okay, let this be a lesson to all concerned. If you sound like this, then you are not thrash.

Really. Thrash is, maybe not always faster, but definitely more riff-oriented (if you want to hear midpaced thrash, check out Artillery's first demo).

Most of the stuff on this album is pretty much what can best be considered "half-thrash", in that it's halfway to thrash. The songs build up to a certain point, and there are riffs here and there, but the riffs are not overt enough, or choppy enough, to be fully thrash. What they really sound like are very watered-down speed metal riffs (same note, over and over again), slowed down a bit, and, most importantly reduced in the mix to accent the drums, thereby totally losing their edge. Throw in some Pantera-esque yelled vocals - generally midpaced and monotone, lacking distinction... oh and of course, every once in a while, stop the guitars entirely.

And, frankly, that style of music blows ass. You take a perfectly good genre of music, and poop on it. There really is no good reason why, other than "it hadn't been done before". New shit is still shit. That's just how the world works. It's music like this that is the precursor to f*cking mallcore. Look what you've done, you goddamn imbeciles. You took thrash and speed metal and turned it into this swill. Stupid squeal guitar, awful clean vocals, and other derivatives of modern filth that are pretty much a rebellion against common sense.

The highlights... well, the album actually starts off pretty decent. Davidian is a very good song. Even Old has its moments, and starts off quite promising. However, when it gets to that horrendous chorus, with its stomach-ache vocals, the album is unforgivably corrupted. Then there's stupid interludes like "Real Eyes", and did I mention the fact that Flynny should NEVER EVER try clean vocals?? "I'm Your God Now" is basically grunge.

So if you like your music boring, slowed down, and generally uninspired, this is the band for you. People that actually think this is the be-all, end-all of Robb Flynn are strongly encouraged to check out Eternal Nightmare and Oppressing the Masses.

Machine Head aren't a thrash band, and I don't think they ever claimed to be. Their style is called post-thrash, or groove metal. Yes, many post-thrash bands have former members of thrash bands, and may utilize a thrash part or two here and there, but aren't trying to be thrash metal per se.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Short-Fuse wrote:
I agree with this review  of Burn My Eyes 100%

Machine Head aren't a thrash band, and I don't think they ever claimed to be. Their style is called post-thrash, or groove metal. Yes, many post-thrash bands have former members of thrash bands, and may utilize a thrash part or two here and there, but aren't trying to be thrash metal per se.
The point that Ultraboris was trying to make is the new (at the time) groove metal that MH was making was not an improvement on thrash which I agree. I don't like groove in my metal, leave that for the poser/hipster contingent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
The point that Ultraboris was trying to make is the new (at the time) groove metal that MH was making was not an improvement on thrash which I agree. I don't like groove in my metal, leave that for the poser/hipster contingent. Very Happy

But that's only relevant if Machine Head were actually trying to write music that was an improvement on thrash, which I don't recall anyone in the band ever admitting to. And really, it's only relevant so far as this guy's nose, as it's all subjective anyway.

Machine Head's Burn My Eyes is, in my opinion, a classic. It's a crushing album! Not thrash at all, but certainly there are moments that dip into that well. At the end of the day, it's just a bad-ass heavy metal album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 pm

The first album will always be their best, IMO.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Still scratching my head as to why so many "metalheads" have a problem with groove.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:05 am

corplhicks wrote:
Still scratching my head as to why so many "metalheads" have a problem with groove.

Especially considering nearly every f*cking metal band grooves. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Especially considering nearly every f*cking metal band grooves. Laughing
Don't confuse any random song having grooves for groove metal. Groove metal is a legitimate genre, which is generally a slower and/or simpler form of thrash metal, emphasizing more on groovy rhythms. Pantera, White Zombie, Lamb of God, Sepultura, and Machine Head are definitely some of the biggest bands playing this style of music.

There are also some rap elements in most groove metal, especially as the nu metal genre was birthed in the coming years.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:34 am

Painkiller wrote:

Don't confuse any random song having grooves for groove metal. Groove metal is a legitimate genre, which is generally a slower and/or simpler form of thrash metal, emphasizing more on groovy rhythms. Pantera, White Zombie, Lamb of God, Sepultura, and Machine Head are definitely some of the biggest bands playing this style of music.

There are also some rap elements in most groove metal, especially as the nu metal genre was birthed in the coming years.

Pay attention everyone. There will be a test on stuff no one gives a f*ck about later.

Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 am

lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:54 am

mc666 wrote:
Pay attention everyone. There will be a test on stuff no one gives a f*ck about later.
...yet you clearly gave a f*ck about it enough to quote my post, which was about someone else giving a f*ck about why many metalheads aren't into Machine Head and the like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machine Head
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next