Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Machine Head

Go down 
+7
Wayne
Gilbert
nevermore
The_Jayroh
mc666
Eyesore
GrandNational
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Released a few days ago, I'm liking the solo:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 pm

I really dig it. Clearly a rough mix...well, it even says that, pretty much, right? Haha. Capt. Obvious here. Anyway, I hear some Burning Red groove on this one. I still think that album is underrated, though, especially with tons of people retardedly calling it a rap-metal album. I wonder if this new one will have more of that kind of groove?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 pm

not bad, but they could have eliminated those mellow bits & it would have made the song a lot more punchy. still a good tune though.

The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:11 am

About time! I used to really dig this band, but don't listen to them much any more. The Blackening wasn't too bad though, and this one sounds like it will be in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Been listening to the new album today. Great stuff from these guys once again! A little different from the last two, but still fast and heavy. If you dig them, you should dig this album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Heard Locust yesterday. Good song. The new album should be another really good one from these guys.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:06 am

It's getting so much advertising from Metal Hammer, so i guess i'll simply skip Smile

Especially when The Blackening was voted album of the decade...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 am

The Blackening was bad-ass, though.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Has the album been released yet?

I didn't think it had yet someone's claiming to have listened to the whole album!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Wayne wrote:

I didn't think it had yet someone's claiming to have listened to the whole album!
um, welcome to the internet.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yep. When it comes to favorite bands, I become a thief. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Wayne wrote:

Yep. When it comes to favorite bands, I become a thief. lol!

AMEN hahaha
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I do buy them, of course. But if I see it uploaded somewhere, I have a hard time waiting.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh well, not gonna get into an argument, who am I to tell people what to do but I don't condone stealing music.

Doesn't matter if the album is purchased later, stealing still encourages the pirates to continue and they'll be plenty of people who don't purchase album after downloading it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I used to feel the same way as you, but my downloading an album every now and then is a drop in the ocean. We can't stop it, and taking such a strict moral high ground doesn't work for me. I wish downloading was a thing of the past, but it isn't, so I occasionally download a new album.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I used to feel the same way as you, but my downloading an album every now and then is a drop in the ocean. We can't stop it, and taking such a strict moral high ground doesn't work for me. I wish downloading was a thing of the past, but it isn't, so I occasionally download a new album.

I'm not taking the moral high ground and if thats how I came across I apologise. Like I said who am I to tell people what to do.

It's just the way I feel about it. If others wanna do it I can't stop them I just don't want to feel like i'm contributing to it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:07 pm

No, I wasn't saying you were doing that. I was strictly talking about me. I was once adamant that I wouldn't download anything. As time went by, though, that changed. First I started downloading out of print albums, stuff I'd have little or no chance of finding elsewhere. I don't see anything wrong with that.

But then, yeah, when certain bands that I really dig had their albums leaked online, I started to occasionally download them. And I still do from time to time. I've bought 471 albums this year. I've downloaded, maybe, five of those albums before their release.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:14 pm

471 albums!!!!

Blimey, and I thought I bought a lot of stuff, lol.

Sounds like you like the new Machine head which is cool, can't wait to get it myself to be honest as I loved the blackening.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Nobody buys more stuff than Eyesore.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 pm

The way I go about downloading is I never download a whole album if it's readily available. For example, I have downloaded a total of 15 Fates Warning songs, 3 songs from the albums I have on my want list. But, I will download a whole album if it's out of print, or waaay too expensive for me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
The way I go about downloading is I never download a whole album if it's readily available. For example, I have downloaded a total of 15 Fates Warning songs, 3 songs from the albums I have on my want list. But, I will download a whole album if it's out of print, or waaay too expensive for me.

Thats how I see it. I will download individual songs because with some stuff I'm not going to buy a whole album when I only want 1 or 2 songs (i.e. I got the song Roxette-It Must Have Been Love but I will in no way ever buy the Pretty Woman soundtrack).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:18 am

I go for the whole album even if i'm just interested in one or two songs.

Nothing is more enjoyable then owning the physical record and putting it in your library.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:28 am

I finally did it. Bought my first MH album ever. It's amazingly good!

Very metal and melodic.

Robb Flynn sounds a lot like Max Cavalera back in the days.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 am

You buy the new one?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:19 am

Yap, i did.

I don't regret it headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Machine Head   New Machine Head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Machine Head
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next