Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machine Head - The Burning Red

Go down 
+10
INVADERS
MetalRob331
Gilbert
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
mc666
manny
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Machine Head  - The Burning Red Empty
PostSubject: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm

I had never given this album a listen before. I had read such horrible reviews that I just stayed away from it. I now own a copy of this atrocity. Wow! What a horrific album. Machine Head  - The Burning Red 78889

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 pm

That was my impression too.

The production is part of the problem too right?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:42 pm

I don't know about the production. I couldn't get past Flynn rapping and the nu-metal songwriting devoid of riffs and guitar solos.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:48 pm

This album is a turd fest!!!!

Last edited by manny on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

it's pretty bad all around.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Maybe they were just confused about what direction to go on that one, just trying to be more "modern" and "relevant".
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:47 pm

I like this album. There are some killer songs on it, too. Supercharger is their turd of an album, though it does have some good tunes. Of course, I can see how The Burning Red would turn people off, especially those that don't dig modern metal, but it's not a bad album. In fact, the title track and "Silver" are two of my favorite Machine Head songs.

And I don't care, "Desire to Fire" and "From This Day," the two songs Rob "raps" on, kick ass. But again, you have to dig that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Maybe they were just confused about what direction to go on that one, just trying to be more "modern" and "relevant".
They were. They've openly admitted that they were going for a mainstream style on that one. Apparently they gave in to label pressure. So they say, anyway. But very few bands admit such things, you know, so I imagine they're being honest.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I like this album. There are some killer songs on it, too. Supercharger is their turd of an album, though it does have some good tunes. Of course, I can see how The Burning Red would turn people off, especially those that don't dig modern metal, but it's not a bad album. In fact, the title track and "Silver" are two of my favorite Machine Head songs.

And I don't care, "Desire to Fire" and "From This Day," the two songs Rob "raps" on, kick ass. But again, you have to dig that sort of thing.

Yea what he said. When I first bought the album I couldn't believe my ears but it grew on me over the years. When I went to rate the songs I never realized how many songs I gave 5 stars. I also like the Police cover Message in a Bottle. It's not the best Machine Head album but its better than anything on Supercharger.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:00 am

"Message in a Bottle," from what I've heard, wasn't intended to be on the album. I guess they used to jam on that as a warm up, and one day the producer—Ross Robinson, right?—pressed record. That's why it's a little sloppy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:26 am

Machine Head are such an overrated band.

I still laugh everytime i remember that the Blackening was voted album of the decade according to Metal Hammer Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
"Message in a Bottle," from what I've heard, wasn't intended to be on the album. I guess they used to jam on that as a warm up, and one day the producer—Ross Robinson, right?—pressed record. That's why it's a little sloppy, I guess.

Like DEATH's "Painkiller".
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:46 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Like DEATH's "Painkiller".
Oh yeah? I never knew that. It's definitely not a great cover.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 am

Gilbert wrote:

I still laugh everytime i remember that the Blackening was voted album of the decade according to Metal Hammer Smile
Well, Album of the Decade awards are dumb in general, but The Blackening is a brilliant album. And Burn My Eyes is still a classic. That album is killer.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Well, Album of the Decade awards are dumb in general, but The Blackening is a brilliant album. And Burn My Eyes is still a classic. That album is killer.
so is The More Things Change.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:01 am

Eyesore wrote:

I agree with this... I think the songs on this album are good and most songs I think are great. I also enjoy Supercharger as well. I don't listen to an album to see if a band sticks to their roots or plays what people want to hear. If the music is good to my ears then it's good to me. Machine Head will never record another Burn My Eyes or TMTC.. That doesnt mean the others are bad. Bands change, trends change, and fans change... It's still music...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:58 am

crap album. no other way to describe it
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea what he said. When I first bought the album I couldn't believe my ears but it grew on me over the years. When I went to rate the songs I never realized how many songs I gave 5 stars. I also like the Police cover Message in a Bottle. It's not the best Machine Head album but its better than anything on Supercharger.

Really? Which songs would you give a 5 to on this album?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

so is The More Things Change.
Yup. Through the Ashes of Empires is excellent as well.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree with this... I think the songs on this album are good and most songs I think are great. I also enjoy Supercharger as well. I don't listen to an album to see if a band sticks to their roots or plays what people want to hear. If the music is good to my ears then it's good to me. Machine Head will never record another Burn My Eyes or TMTC.. That doesnt mean the others are bad. Bands change, trends change, and fans change... It's still music...
Supercharger has some terrible songs, man. Even the band agrees with that. Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Really? Which songs would you give a 5 to on this album?

Desire To Fire, The Blood The Sweat The Tears (probably my favorite MH song), Silver, Defy, Five, and Message In A Bottle.

I think this album just suffers from crappy production. It would work with any other band but with Machine Head their previous albums were just so heavy that when this came out it just sounded weak and that I will admit. I think if this album was remixed to sound like the other albums then it would fit right in.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I only have Burn My Eyes (bought it after hearing My Misery from the Demon Knight soundtrack) and like it alot but after reading the majority of these posts, I doubt I'd get any other of their releases. They sound like something I wouldn't get into.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm

007 wrote:
I only have Burn My Eyes (bought it after hearing My Misery from the Demon Knight soundtrack) and like it alot but after reading the majority of these posts, I doubt I'd get any other of their releases. They sound like something I wouldn't get into.

Their last album was great IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm

007 wrote:
If you like Burn My Eyes, you should did The More Things Change, Through the Ashes of Empires, and The Blackening.

One of the best songs I've ever heard. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
007 wrote:
If you like Burn My Eyes, you should did The More Things Change, Through the Ashes of Empires, and The Blackening.

One of the best songs I've ever heard. Machine Head  - The Burning Red 11840

Whoa ! That's actually pretty good! It sounds like it could be off Burn My Eyes. Looks like I'll have to check that out (and possibly the others you had mentioned).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - The Burning Red   Machine Head  - The Burning Red Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machine Head - The Burning Red
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next