Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machine Head - Catharsis

Go down 
+13
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Troublezone
nevermore
Boris2008
Heavy Metal Ninja
Gilbert
mc666
Wrecked Neck
Eyesore
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Machine Head - Catharsis Empty
PostSubject: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 am

Yeeeeeeeah! New Machine Head!

Gonna be way too mid-paced and groovy for some of you, but I think it kicks ass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 am

That song does nothing for me, and I really like Machine Head. Might be skipping this one. Didn't much care for their last release either though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 am

Not a bad song, it has a great chorus. The last two albums were a disappointment to me though. Plus I got annoyed with Flynns online diatribes. A little worn out on them, but I will probably download this to see if it's worth the purchase.

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 am

mc666 wrote:
Not a bad song, it has a great chorus. The last two albums were a disappointment to me though. Plus I got annoyed with Flynns online diatribes. A little worn out on them, but I will probably download this to see if it's worth the purchase.
Agree on all counts. I had forgotten they released Blooodstone and Diamonds. That one, and Unto the Locusts were both pretty boring. The Blackening I thought was a really good album though. And, dead on about his little social media rants and catfights he's always a part of these days. Just stfu and play your music already!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 am

I don't pay attention to his online stuff. What I have heard hasn't bugged me, though.

And yeah, their last two albums weren't the best, but they weren't bad at all. I dig the new tune quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 am

Not bad. I developped some taste for machine head over the years. Will check the album out but this song is a bit meeh.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

So many Internet morons claiming this song rips off Strapping Young Lad's "Love?" Yeah, the main riff is slightly similar, but that's apparently enough for a million haters to claim it's a blatant rip-off! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Metal Ninja
Metal novice
Metal novice
Heavy Metal Ninja

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 3:36 pm

I like it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
So many Internet morons claiming this song rips off Strapping Young Lad's "Love?" Yeah, the main riff is slightly similar, but that's apparently enough for a million haters to claim it's a blatant rip-off! Haha.

I think most of that is people just busting Flynns balls after him going on a rant about A7X ripping off Metallica.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think most of that is people just busting Flynns balls after him going on a rant about A7X ripping off Metallica.

Well, that was a blatant rip-off. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's in absolutely no way good enough to be a rip off of Love!

I seem to be in a minority because I enjoyed Unto the Locust but this is boring.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's similar. But even Devin was cool with it. Devin said most of his riffs were borrowed too. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 6:49 pm

nevermore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It's similar. But even Devin was cool with it. Devin said most of his riffs were borrowed too. lol!

Yes, similar, but everyone is saying it's EXACTLY the same. It's mindboggling how stupid that is. It's not even the same damn rhythm and it sounds like the Machine Head riff is just one note with a bend, while the SYL riff is multiple notes with a chugga-chugga metal style. Identical it is not. And not to mention that the songs themselves are entirely different.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 8:03 pm

I like the first MH album, but that's about it...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 pm

The major problem with the band are the vocals. They tend to become irritating after a couple of songs. I can never go through a MH album in one session. Always feel the need to remove the cd after the third track.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 am

Not bad, pretty catchy chorus.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:34 am

The Blackening was a good album. This is not that.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 am

So...uh...

surprised

I love Dropkick Murphys. I love Flogging Molly. I love Machine Head. I don't know if love Machine Head doing Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly. What the hell is going on here?

I'm totally open to bands trying new things...but this is confusing. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 1:51 am

In an interview with metal hammer, robb said that fans should not expect a lot of heavy material on the new album...to be honest, and although i own most of the band's discography, i will most likely skip this one.
Back to top Go down
Heavy Metal Ninja
Metal novice
Metal novice
Heavy Metal Ninja

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 am

That new song is just awful...and the lyrics... sick

I'll stay happily stuck in the past around 1994 thanks... headbanger

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

Eyesore wrote:
So...uh...

surprised

I love Dropkick Murphys. I love Flogging Molly. I love Machine Head. I don't know if love Machine Head doing Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly. What the hell is going on here?

Whoo-boy!! The metal community's gonna have a field-day with that one. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Ugh. I'm glad this is a band I quit following a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Gilbert wrote:
In an interview with metal hammer, robb said that fans should not expect a lot of heavy material on the new album...to be honest, and although i own most of the band's discography, i will most likely skip this one.

I don't need heavy. They have a ton of great songs that aren't heavy. But anthemic Irish-like punk songs is not what Machine Head should be doing on any Machine Head album unless it's some kind of throwaway bonus track or something, like they did when covered "Colors."

It's actually not a bad song, but I have a hard time swallowing this one. And that's saying something! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 am

Eyesore wrote:
So...uh...

surprised

Wow, so long Machine Head, good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 6:27 am

So Flynn posted this song on YouTube a while back, just a live acoustic version after he'd written it. It actually works in that context. I don't know why it needed to be included on this album, even if it's thematically similar to other tracks on the album.

I'm assuming there won't be any other tracks like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machine Head - Catharsis   Machine Head - Catharsis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machine Head - Catharsis
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next