Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Go down 
+34
metallicleora
Joe
Planchaaaa
KingPest
ZetaReticuli
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
Mordor
Lurideath
nevermore
Sword Of The Heretic
AchrisK
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
Thrasher73
Olafsto
ultmetal
Rex
Smindas
mc666
Troublezone
MetalRob331
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Why is everyone playing with Jeff Loomis' balls?

Warrel steals the show on this record, hands down. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
THIS ALBUM IS MIND BLOWING!!!!

I just got done streaming this album and I cant believe my ears. This is right along side Dead Heart in a Dead World for me... Jeff Loomis just pumps riff after riff out with supreme heaviness. The first single is called Emptiness Unobstructed and that chorus just sticks in your head. Album opener The Termination Proclamation is so heavy and groovy and just pummels, it might just be one of Nevermore's best. Also to be noted is Dane's vocals throughout. He seems to take a different approach and sings a lot heavier on many tracks (almost chanting).

After listening to this whole album this WILL be a top 3 release in 2010..

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy 9.5/10

Also to be noted Jeff Loomis's lays some of his best solos to date throughout this album. Your Posion Throne has one of Jeff's best solos to date. If you want to stream the album doomsdayspectrum had a live stream up and has posted most songs on youtube. Just type in doomsdayspectrum in the search.. WOW!!!

Be sure to show the band some appreciation of their hard work by actually purchasing the album when it comes out.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
THIS ALBUM IS MIND BLOWING!!!!

I just got done streaming this album and I cant believe my ears. This is right along side Dead Heart in a Dead World for me... Jeff Loomis just pumps riff after riff out with supreme heaviness. The first single is called Emptiness Unobstructed and that chorus just sticks in your head. Album opener The Termination Proclamation is so heavy and groovy and just pummels, it might just be one of Nevermore's best. Also to be noted is Dane's vocals throughout. He seems to take a different approach and sings a lot heavier on many tracks (almost chanting).

After listening to this whole album this WILL be a top 3 release in 2010..

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy 9.5/10

Also to be noted Jeff Loomis's lays some of his best solos to date throughout this album. Your Posion Throne has one of Jeff's best solos to date. If you want to stream the album doomsdayspectrum had a live stream up and has posted most songs on youtube. Just type in doomsdayspectrum in the search.. WOW!!!

Be sure to show the band some appreciation of their hard work by actually purchasing the album when it comes out.

It will be mine... I also will not buy an album unless I hear it first...

As for the comment of Dane stealing the show, I disagree. Nevermore has always been about the technicality behind them. Dane is amazing on the record and his is one of the best lyricists out there, but IMO Loomis makes Nevermore who they are. Without those haunting Loomis riffs and solos I probably wouldnt like this band...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:55 am

Are they going to remix/remaster this album, too? I mean, considering the production is worse than the original Enemies Of Reality.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Are they going to remix/remaster this album, too? I mean, considering the production is worse than the original Enemies Of Reality.

The production is worse than that dude? Are you serious???
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:30 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The production is worse than that dude? Are you serious???
Well, I thought Enemies of Reality was fine. A bit darker, muddier, but it had balls. This new one sounds muffled, but it's a smooth muffled. It has no balls, no grit.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:55 am

Production on this album is just fine if you ask me.. To say it has no balls or grit might be stretching it. This album is stinking heavy regardless of the production. I for one think the production is fabulous..

Never thought one about it when listening a matter of fact I thought it sounded amazing especially Jeffs tone.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:22 am

From Century Media's facebook

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 32042_393189479655_37756499655_3848736_6921888_n
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:19 am

I've spun this 3-4 times and it isn't doing much for me. I think Jeff blew his load on his solo album (which was excellent BTW). You can even pick up a few borrowed licks from his solo album if you are familiar with it. They desperately need some help in the songwriting department as things are feeling pretty stagnant.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:21 am

KingPest wrote:
I've spun this 3-4 times and it isn't doing much for me. I think Jeff blew his load on his solo album (which was excellent BTW). You can even pick up a few borrowed licks from his solo album if you are familiar with it. They desperately need some help in the songwriting department as things are feeling pretty stagnant.

I couldn't disagree more. This album has much more to offer to me then This Godless Endeavor. That album was good but this album kills that in the songwriting department IMO. The riffs are amazing from Jeff and some of his solos on this album are breathtaking. This album is right next to Dead Heart in a Dead World. It grabbed me right from first listen.

Again top 5 album of 2010 easy... Brilliant album

King check out the new Raintime album Psychromatic. Thats maybe the only album I've heard this year thats better then this...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:37 am

Check out this great review by the great Richard Christy

http://www.metal-army.com/?p=4105
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:51 am

Can't wait to see them tonight. First time they've been to the UK in about three years I believe and they've been sorely missed.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:53 am

I really liked the new album. It didn't grab me as much as This Godless Endeavour or Dreaming Neon Black did but it's an excellent Nevermore album.
The Obsidian Conspiracy track is awesome. Excellent song to end the album on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:43 am

Looking forward to this album along with the new Exodus.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 am

Got in the mail a few days ago and I like it, but I'm not blown away like I had hoped I would be. I think Warrel's solo disc is way better overall. I almost tend to think the two cover songs are the best on the album at the moment. It has its moments...but overall its kind of a letdown for me considering how much the last album and Warrel's solo disc blew me away.

Perhaps Warrel and Jeff used their good stuff for their respected solo albums and this Nevermore is leftovers?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Mine is shipped, but has yet to arrive in the mail.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
Mine is shipped, but has yet to arrive in the mail.

Same here. Anxiously awaiting it's arrival, along with a few other discs frm CM Distro.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Jeeez how did you guys not get yours yet?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

I put in my order later, so maybe they are mailing out packages in the order they arrived? I dunno. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 436688

EDIT: I recieved email confirmation (06.07) that my package has been sent. Hopefully I'll see it later this week.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 am

The title track is badass! It's just like the last album but with a few extra (thrashy) fast parts.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Jeeez how did you guys not get yours yet?

I live on a different continent, you bafoon! Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Lol

Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 pm

I've had this on continuous rotation for nearly two full days, and the title track so far is the only track that i really like.

It's too early to start using words such as 'disappointed', but i'm certainly not blown away yet.

I'm hoping it's a grower.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I think it's a great album, although for me it lulls a bit towards the end. Whilst not as good as This Godless Endeavour (which I never expected it to be, that album was probably the best of the band as far as I'm concerned), it's certainly an enjoyable platter. I also love the Tea Party cover.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't think they'll ever top Dreaming Neon Black... but the new one is pretty good IMO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm

On first listen I'm left cold.... The guitarwork is amazing though.

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next