Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Go down 
+34
metallicleora
Joe
Planchaaaa
KingPest
ZetaReticuli
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
Mordor
Lurideath
nevermore
Sword Of The Heretic
AchrisK
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
Thrasher73
Olafsto
ultmetal
Rex
Smindas
mc666
Troublezone
MetalRob331
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:07 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
May........
If you`re in Europe Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_razz

Euro-trash tools! You get all the good stuff.

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Lol
Ever ask youself why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 pm

The clip is amazing. This will be one solid record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Sign me up for this one, the only Nevermore CD I lack for a full discography is This Godless Endeavor, so you could call me a fan.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 pm

The art kinda reminds me of "Bonded by Blood"...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:17 pm

The only bad thing I can say about Nevermore is they will never ever top Dead Heart in a Dead World...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:29 pm

The only album i don't like by them is Enemies of Reality. That album sucked except for 1 or 2 songs. Not to mention the production was terrible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:41 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
The only bad thing I can say about Nevermore is they will never ever top Dead Heart in a Dead World...

I'm almost inclined to agree with you but I like Dreaming In Neon Black a tad bit more, after all, it was my first.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I'll be awaiting this one Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Sign me up for this one, the only Nevermore CD I lack for a full discography is This Godless Endeavor, so you could call me a fan.
I still don't have the reissue of Enemies of Reality. Never did think that needed a remix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 pm

While I don't think they'll ever top Politics I enjoy all their stuff.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:07 am

They have topped Politics a few times... Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

In any case... Nevermore are an amazingly consistent band that just seems to improve over time. High hopes for this one.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Nevermore just gained a new fan today. I had heard of them, but really didn't give them the time of day until I read Ult's positive reviews of them. I picked up Dead Heart in a Dead World today. That was the perfect album to start rebuilding my collection with.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 pm

"Dead Heart in a Dead World" is easily my favorite album from Nevermore.

I love that they have a 'pro-legalization of marijuana' song on there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:03 pm

One of my most anticipated releases for this year. Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_eek Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:16 pm

And The Maiden Spoke
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 pm

This album is taking too long to arrive!!!! haha

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm pretty sure Jeff Loomis did all the guitars by himself. Looking fwd yo this as well!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:05 am

That riff in She comes in Colors is ridiculous.. I need this album now...
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 am

I have had this album now for a few days for reviewing...And can't stop listening to it. It clocks in at just 45 minutes but it is 45 minutes of quality. All I can say this thing is wicked Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 11840 I'm a huge Nevermore fan & I think this is their best album to date. There is even some Sanctuary moments & this is the closest they have come to sounding like Sanctuary Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 25679 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 25679 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 25679 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 25679 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Quote :
"The Obsidian Conspiracy" track listing:

01. The Termination Proclamation
02. Your Poison Throne
03. Moonrise (Through Mirrors Of Death)
04. And The Maiden Spoke
05. Emptiness Unobstructed
06. The Blue Marble And The New Soul
07. Without Morals
08. The Day You Built The Wall
09. She Comes In Colors
10. The Obsidian Conspiracy

The drum tracks for "The Obsidian Conspiracy" were completed in the group's hometown of Seattle with SOILWORK guitarist Peter Wichers, who previously worked with Dane on the singer's solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine". Longtime friend and collaborator Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS, MACHINE HEAD) once again handled mixing duties.

NEVERMORE also recorded two cover versions during the sessions: "The Crystal Ship" (THE DOORS) and "Transmission" (THE TEA PARTY)

According to Dane, the song "And The Maiden Spoke" "is going to blow your minds; it's twisted, progressive lunatic fringe riffing with vicious hooklines."

He added: "These songs are full of newfound rage, lyrically and musically. Jeff Loomis has come up with some amazing new riffs that will no doubt please old and new fans alike. Also, I think the combination of Peter and Andy will result in something very, very special."

In an interview with Cerebral Metalhead, Dane said of "The Crystal Ship" cover, "THE DOORS song was not my original choice. I really wanted to do this song called 'Waiting For the Sun'.

"When I listen to songs, of course, since I'm a lyricist, I gravitate towards cover songs (for which) I admire the lyrics. Jeff [Loomis] being a guitarist, he goes for the guitar stuff that he thinks is really cool. And that's how we came on THE DOORS thing.

"'Crystal Ship', originally he [Jeff] had taken the approach of making it a little heavy. And I tried to work with it and I said, 'Jeff, I don't think this is working. I think maybe what we should try is an all-acoustic approach to the song.' And when we did it, he was like, 'Dude, you're totally right.' And he was like doing five-layered guitar parts over this.

"When people hear it, it doesn't sound like THE DOORS anymore. I think that's what people expect when we do cover songs. 'Cause we've been known to deconstruct and recreate more than one song."

No mention of where those cover tracks are gonna appear though. Maybe on a super-deluxe edition?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:46 pm

I hope there's a deluxe edition right away.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I hope there's a deluxe edition right away.

I hope so too. When Century Media released the last Nevermore live album and Warrell's solo album, both were available for pre-order in the super-spiffy deluxe editions. With any luck, this new one will follow suit.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 pm

There is a 2 cd version but I'm not sure if it will be released here. The second cd is just a few songs without the guitars so I guess you could play them yourself on guitar. I forgot where I saw it.

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next