Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Go down 
+34
metallicleora
Joe
Planchaaaa
KingPest
ZetaReticuli
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
Mordor
Lurideath
nevermore
Sword Of The Heretic
AchrisK
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
Thrasher73
Olafsto
ultmetal
Rex
Smindas
mc666
Troublezone
MetalRob331
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm

I wish nevermore would come up with a sanctuary album...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Quote :
In addition to the album's standard edition, a two-CD version will be made available featuring two cover versions — "The Crystal Ship" (THE DOORS) and "Transmission" (THE TEA PARTY) — and a bonus "Play The Guitar Like Jeff Loomis" disc containing "Your Poison Throne" and "The Obsidian Conspiracy" play-along videos and guitar tabs for both songs.
Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm

I AM GETTING VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ALBUM!!!

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 778825 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 778825 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 778825
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:45 pm

I want this bad!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Quote :
In addition to the album's standard edition, a two-CD version will be made available featuring two cover versions — "The Crystal Ship" (THE DOORS) and "Transmission" (THE TEA PARTY) — and a bonus "Play The Guitar Like Jeff Loomis" disc containing "Your Poison Throne" and "The Obsidian Conspiracy" play-along videos and guitar tabs for both songs.
Sweet!

Hmmmmm, I could do without the "Play Guitar Like Jeff" stuff, but I'd certainly get this for the bonus tracks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm sure the 'Play Like Jeff' stuff will be quite fun to watch. I'll be damned if I'm even going to attempt to do it, though.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Smindas wrote:
I'm sure the 'Play Like Jeff' stuff will be quite fun to watch. I'll be damned if I'm even going to attempt to do it, though.

This sounds interesting, Im not a fan of tabs. If I cant figure it out by ear then I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 pm

I guess I am wrong haha. Peter Wichers is a good guitarist though. The clips sound awesome.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

This sounds interesting, Im not a fan of tabs. If I cant figure it out by ear then I'll pass.
Um...that's ridiculous, dude.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 am

Gilbert, your wish is granted Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 11840 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 11840

Well I think it is anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Um...that's ridiculous, dude.

Thats just how I roll, if you can train your ear, you can learn anything. The only thing tabs are useful for is the tuning and most of the time they're wrong there as well.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I guess I am wrong haha. Peter Wichers is a good guitarist though. The clips sound awesome.

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 685534

Wrong about what dude? Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 685534

Wrong about what dude? Did I miss something?

I was thinking the same but I think he means Peter did I good job mixing the album.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:20 pm

CM Distro now has this up to order. Got mine!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:30 am

I'm definitely looking forward to this and as soon as I get a bit of cash going I will be getting the album from CM Distro, which btw have really good deals: the CD + T-Shirt combo.

But as far as the songs go - I'm not letting any leaks spoil the surprise however I like the samples the band uploaded. All sound good and remind me of a cross-over between Dead Heart and Godless... so without any doubt I think this will be another fine Nevermore release!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Rex wrote:
CM Distro now has this up to order. Got mine!

There are 3 versions of this cd available for pre-order:

The "regular" jewelcase
The limited ed. digi-pack
The limited ed. box set with all sorts of bells & whistles.

My question is...

Does the limited digi pack come with the bonus tracks or are they only available with the box set? CM's website doesn't make that point very clear. Anyone know? I'd prefer the digi with bonus tracks. I don't necessarily need the "Play Along With Jeff" cd and post cards that come with the box set. Nor do I need another t-shirt.

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Quote :
The limited ed. box set with all sorts of bells & whistles

I've heard there will be a sliver of Warrel Dane's foreskin in each box.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Spec wrote:
Quote :
The limited ed. box set with all sorts of bells & whistles

I've heard there will be a sliver of Warrel Dane's foreskin in each box.

Yes, that's the part of the whistle. Thanks for your help.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I pre-ordered this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:47 am

Well, I'm still not positive, but I think the bonus tracks are only available on the box set edition. If anyone can prove otherwise, please let me know.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Sorry, I caused a bit of confusion. Someone stated something about another guitarist and I had thought Jeff wrote and recorded all the guitars himself. Then someone posted the news blurb that mentioned Peter Wichers of Soilwork collaborated with them on this album.

I don't like Soilwork's music, but that guy is a good guitarist!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Sorry, I caused a bit of confusion. Someone stated something about another guitarist and I had thought Jeff wrote and recorded all the guitars himself. Then someone posted the news blurb that mentioned Peter Wichers of Soilwork collaborated with them on this album.

I don't like Soilwork's music, but that guy is a good guitarist!

I'm a fan of Soilwork and Peter Wichers!

Peter did a FANTASTIC JOB on Warrel Dane's last solo album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:17 am

Here's the tracklistings according to CM Distro:

Standard jewelcase:
1. THE TERMINATION PROCLAMATION
2. YOUR POISON THRONE
3. MOONRISE (THROUGH MIRRORS OF DEATH)
4. AND THE MAIDEN SPOKE
5. EMPTINESS UNOBSTRUCTED
6. THE BLUE MARBLE AND THE NEW SOUL
7. WITHOUT MORALS
8. THE DAY YOU BUILT THE WALL
9. SHE COMES IN COLORS
10. THE OBSIDIAN CONSPIRACY

Limited edition digi:
1. THE TERMINATION PROCLAMATION
2. YOUR POISON THRONE
3. MOONRISE (THROUGH MIRRORS OF DEATH)
4. AND THE MAIDEN SPOKE
5. EMPTINESS UNOBSTRUCTED
6. THE BLUE MARBLE AND THE NEW SOUL
7. WITHOUT MORALS
8. THE DAY YOU BUILT THE WALL
9. SHE COMES IN COLORS
10. THE OBSIDIAN CONSPIRACY
11. TEMPTATION* (The Tea Party cover)

Box Set:
1. The Termination Proclamation
2. Your Poison Throne
3. Moonrise (Through Mirrors Of Death)
4. And The Maiden Spoke
5. Emptiness Unobstructed
6. The Blue Marble And The New Soul
7. Without Morals
8. The Day You Built The Wall
9. She Comes In Colors
10. The Obsidian Conspiracy
11. Crystal Ship (The Doors cover)
12. Temptation (The Tea Party cover)

1. Your Poison Throne - without guitar
2. Your Poison Throne - guitar ONLY
3. The Obsidian Conspiracy - without guitar
4. The Obsidian Conspiracy - guitar ONLY

All available for pre-order here
http://www.cmdistro.com/Artist/Nevermore/10219

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:50 pm

the blue marble and the new soul is an amazing song. Warrel is all over this album... awesome melodies and an incredible performance..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm

THIS ALBUM IS MIND BLOWING!!!!

I just got done streaming this album and I cant believe my ears. This is right along side Dead Heart in a Dead World for me... Jeff Loomis just pumps riff after riff out with supreme heaviness. The first single is called Emptiness Unobstructed and that chorus just sticks in your head. Album opener The Termination Proclamation is so heavy and groovy and just pummels, it might just be one of Nevermore's best. Also to be noted is Dane's vocals throughout. He seems to take a different approach and sings a lot heavier on many tracks (almost chanting).

After listening to this whole album this WILL be a top 3 release in 2010..

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy 9.5/10

Also to be noted Jeff Loomis's lays some of his best solos to date throughout this album. Your Posion Throne has one of Jeff's best solos to date. If you want to stream the album doomsdayspectrum had a live stream up and has posted most songs on youtube. Just type in doomsdayspectrum in the search.. WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next