Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

Go down 
+34
metallicleora
Joe
Planchaaaa
KingPest
ZetaReticuli
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
Mordor
Lurideath
nevermore
Sword Of The Heretic
AchrisK
Gilbert
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
MetalH
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
INVADERS
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
Thrasher73
Olafsto
ultmetal
Rex
Smindas
mc666
Troublezone
MetalRob331
akeldama
Metallic Blaze
Eyesore
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 am

Don't like the songs? Seems like a major step down to me. Nothing grabs me or stands out.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 am

Huh? Weird. Maybe due to all the negative reviews my expectations weren't as high. I'm really digging this album.

Oh well, you can't hit a home run every time, right?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:03 pm

I agree with Rex. The album opens strong, but it sort of goes down hill from there, and never really picks up. I also think it sounds way to similar to Warrels'a solo album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I've added this to my X-mas list. I completely forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am

kmorg (Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:03 pm) wrote:
I agree with Rex. The album opens strong, but it sort of goes down hill from there, and never really picks up. I also think it sounds way to similar to Warrels'a solo album.

See, I don't think it does because I LOVE Warrell's solo album. But I think I can see what you're saying. I think it was maybe a failed (IMO) attempt to combine his solo material with Nevermore's sound.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:16 am

Rex (Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:28 pm) wrote:

See, I don't think it does because I LOVE Warrell's solo album. But I think I can see what you're saying. I think it was maybe a failed (IMO) attempt to combine his solo material with Nevermore's sound.
I think the same about this album, it could have been one of the best albums of the year, but the last songs are not that good
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 am

Rex (Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 14:28) wrote:

I love his solo album too, but it's not what I want to hear from Nevernore.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 am

The title track, the last song, RULES! Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 11840

PostSubject: Re: Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy   Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6