Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King

Go down 
+5
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
7thSaviour
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 604261
FC are indeed Helloween-influenced, but so are many Power Metal bands out there. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
FC are indeed Helloween-influenced, but so are many Power Metal bands out there. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840

Indeed!

And it's not like they are clones!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 am

Going to get the new album on payday. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840 Those first two are my favorites, definitely excellent power metal, superb guitarwork and atmosphere. You'll dig them..and that live album is also surprisingly good, though I don't much care about the 'Taragon' EP.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Indeed!

And it's not like they are clones!
True dat! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Going to get the new album on payday. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840 Those first two are my favorites, definitely excellent power metal, superb guitarwork and atmosphere. You'll dig them..and that live album is also surprisingly good, though I don't much care about the 'Taragon' EP.
The live album rules! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 pm

What's wrong with the "Taragon" EP?
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
It's not very memorable, IMO. I might as well use it for a coaster! I'm starting to sound like Toho now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
It's not very memorable, IMO. I might as well use it for a coaster! I'm starting to sound like Toho now.

I disagree! There are some very good songs on it...

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Such as? Maybe I should re-spin it sometime.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:52 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Three really good ones on this EP

Warriors of Light - one of FC's best songs imho.
Kingdom Come
Tears of Taragon

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Three really good ones on this EP

Warriors of Light - one of FC's best songs imho.
Kingdom Come
Tears of Taragon
Warriors Of Light is a great song! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 pm

I like 'Heart of the Brave', not so much the other songs....'Tears of Taragon' is on their debut, one of their absolute best albums, sans Biff Byford narrating. The narrated version is epic (because it's Biff), but kind of sucks, at the same time, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

New album is on it's way to me from NuclearHell...Cool store, haven't much checked it out before because of the long distance.....can't deny that great price though, just netted them a sale. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

I love NuclearHell.

As long as you don't mind waiting, their prices can't be beat. And they frequently have my glam/sleaze stuff that never sees a North American release.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
I love NuclearHell.

As long as you don't mind waiting, their prices can't be beat. And they frequently have my glam/sleaze stuff that never sees a North American release.
Hell yeah! Thanks for the recommendation! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:33 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
New album is on it's way to me from NuclearHell...Cool store, haven't much checked it out before because of the long distance.....can't deny that great price though, just netted them a sale. FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_cool
Just allow 2-3 weeks for shipping.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:19 am

How do you like their new CD so far, E33? Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

The new Freedom Call is the best CD of 2010 so far!!!

FANTASTIC album!!!

10/10 (and I rarely rate an album that high)
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:17 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

FANTASTIC album!!!

Right on! It will most certainly be in my Top 5 for 2010! EASILY! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:18 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

FANTASTIC album!!!

Right on! It will most certainly be in my Top 5 for 2010! EASILY! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 11840

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 495333

I think I'm even putting the new Freedom Call above the new Avantasia albums. Though all 3 will probably make my top 5 for the year!

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

FANTASTIC album!!!

Same here!

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 495333

I think I'm even putting the new Freedom Call above the new Avantasia albums. Though all 3 will probably make my top 5 for the year!

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:50 pm

FREAKING FINALLY ARRIVED. Nifty Russian CD, makes me feel rebellious for owning it.

To get this out of the way, 'A Perfect Day' is wretched and sounds like a 'Dimensions' B-side.

First three songs = WIN. The band doing what they do best. 'Out of the Ruins', yes! This is how you do this music. Also tons of Queen moments here, some pretty blatant (is it real or fantasyyyy?). 'Tears of Babylon' however, screams I NEED AN OUTRO SOLO really bad. That song is like an ultimate FC song, would have liked to hear some of their great leadwork on it.

The start of the middle of the album.....kind of a dip. Do not care much for a few of these songs, though, at least they aren't utter filth. Filler songs. Except for 'Under the Spell of the Moon', that is pretty ultimate too, hard to understand why a lot of people have seemed to dislike this song. It's an example of a band 'experimenting' where it just plain works. 'The Darkness', 'Remember!', good stuff.

Uhh, but there are 14 tracks on this album. So, the chances of something bringing it down are higher. 'Merlin - Requiem'? ....no thanks. 'Merrrrlin..' That song turned kind of lame. 'The Shadowking'....this is not memorable at all. Ugh ugh ugh, and you know how I feel about 'A Perfect Day'. Ok..'Kingdom of Madness' is a pretty good song but again with the lead guitars that never were....really?

3/5, unfortunately. Oh, I can see how this could have been a really really great album but there is just way too much filler. On the bright side, it doesn't make me want to puke like on 'Dimensions', but it does leave one exhausted playing it all the way through when some of this is just SO unmemorable..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Good review Orion. They're def. some hard rock elements throughout this album but it has def. grown on me the more spins I give it. They're also a lot of really cool metal riffs throughout this album that seem to be secrets. One minute the keys are going then boom this metal riff comes flying out..
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 6:40 pm

oh, the first two albums are full of cool riffing, and Chris still makes his rhythm guitar decently apparent, but things do sound a little more 'safe' this time around for this type of music.

Bumping up to 3.5 because I like a couple of the tracks a little more today...the two 'Dark' songs and 'Resurrection Day'. Man, did the 'Merlin' songs have to suddenly change over to happy though.... Both have amazing intros but then the main themes come in and it just DOES NOT WORK. So, I still dislike those, the last song, the German thing, and the title track....it sounds like it begins in the middle of another song and just never takes off. I do enjoy this album much more today however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4