Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King

Go down 
+5
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
tohostudios
7thSaviour
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Empty
PostSubject: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Just picked up this CD! Anyone else have this new FC disc yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:03 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

Not yet, but I will do soon. I haven't heard any samples but I'm hoping it will be more like Eternity and less like Dimensions

What do you think of it ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Locky wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Not yet, but I will do soon. I haven't heard any samples but I'm hoping it will be more like Eternity and less like Dimensions

What do you think of it ?

Bingo!

I hated most of Dimensions so I'm really hesitant to pick this up.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 pm

This is one band that has been on my radar for years. But everytime I go to order one of their albums - something else comes out and I end up buying it instead.

You'd think these guys would be part of my collection with all the flower power I possess.

How good are they, really?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 pm

You absolutely need the first two, especially 'Crystal Empire'. You need to just trust me there. EVEN THOUGH there will be votes for 'Eternity'.... that isn't as strong an album though it is still good. The first two, all the riffs are great, all the solos are tasteful (and they aren't skimped on like they are on 'Eternity'), there is this deep male choir thing that adds this quirky, almost goth atmosphere here and there that just plain WORKS with what they do. Yeah, happiest band in the world, but on their best days, addictive as crack, with rock solid hooks and guitar work. That all being said, 'Dimensions' is really really ga-hey and I do not/will not own it. I like most of what I've heard off the new one and I will get it at some point....see what the final verdict is...

And the 'Circle of Life' album is not bad...it just has some pretty throwaway filler, but in general it adds a little more old school influence, and 80's influence, than their other stuff, and it usually works well..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 pm

I like pretty much all FC has done - including Dimensions. I will be getting the new one very soon...

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:06 pm

This is an amazing band. I should be picking up their latest next week.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:23 am

1.ETERNITY 10/10
2.DIMENSIONS 9.75/10
3.CIRCLE OF LIFE 9.5/10
4.LOTSK is on its way to me!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Okay ... I simply must check out this band now. Just added them to the top of my list!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:24 am

I have their first three albums. Been a while since i played them but they are all good if you are in the mood for some happy euro power metal FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_biggrin .
Not sure if i`ll get the new one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 am

They are the kings of Euro Happy Power Metal! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:45 am

7thSaviour wrote:
They are the kings of Euro Happy Power Metal! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840

Well then they are my friends!!!

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Heavy_metal_280265
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:20 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Well then they are my friends!!!

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Heavy_metal_280265
I love that one, dude! What's your first FC CD purchase gonna be?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:36 pm

The new one.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm

I'll let you know what I think of the new album as soon as it arrives! Can't freakin' wait!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:14 am

I never listened to any Freedom Call, but I'll be catching them live tomorrow. They're touring with Gamma Ray.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:38 am

Lari wrote:
I never listened to any Freedom Call, but I'll be catching them live tomorrow. They're touring with Gamma Ray.

that is a great pairing! FC rocks!

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 am

exact33 wrote:
Lari wrote:

that is a great pairing! FC rocks!
That would be a dream show for me! I've seen GR before, but to see those 2 bands together would be far beyond awesome! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm

I was a bit late so I only caught the end of the Freedom Call set. I don't know if it was something I would have liked a lot. People seemed to be into them though. They got a good response.

Kai Hansen had a cold, but Gamma Ray was still awesome. Fourth time I've seen them and they never seize to amaze.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 am

Lari wrote:
I was a bit late so I only caught the end of the Freedom Call set. I don't know if it was something I would have liked a lot. People seemed to be into them though. They got a good response.

Kai Hansen had a cold, but Gamma Ray was still awesome. Fourth time I've seen them and they never seize to amaze.
Right on! I know how disappointed Toho was to miss that show! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 810647
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am

7thSaviour wrote:
Lari wrote:

Right on! I know how disappointed Toho was to miss that show! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 810647

lol!

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am

exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Lari wrote:

lol!
FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 911681 FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 320592
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

My copy of the new FC album FINALLY arrived! Will review it tomorrow! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
My copy of the new FC album FINALLY arrived! Will review it tomorrow! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840

I will be interested to hear what you think of it!

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:43 am

exact33 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

I will be interested to hear what you think of it!
Through the first 4 tracks, it's a perfect 10/10! I am stuck on track 4 at the moment. Toho will understand this, I'm sure. As much as anyone could, I guess. This song has a chorus that just won't quit! FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King   FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREEDOM CALL-Legend Of The Shadow King
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next