Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Freedom Call

Go down 
+3
scottmitchell74
Stender
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 12:15 am

Hi everybody out there!
I have some good news for all Freedom Call fans and those who join in in the future!
Right after the successful European tour with Rage in March and April the band went into the studio again to write new songs for a new Freedom Call album. The songwriting is almost finished. In October we start with the drumrecordings taking place in Hannover. The recordings of the whole album should be finished by the end of December. Tommy Newton is doing the final mix in January. The release will probably be in April/May 2007.
The working title of the album is called "Dimensions"! Please let us know your opinion about this title!

There will be 11 songs on "Dimensions", style-wise closer to the "Eternity" album, that means less experiments and many fast and melodic speed hymns!

Here are some working titles: Mr. Evil, Far Away, Mission Divine, Firestorm, Dimensions, Blackened Sun, Power, Starborn, Ride the universe, Heaven is Hell, Castaway

Cheerz Daniel

This is kinda old but i didnt see any topics about it. i love freedom call. and i love the album Eternity to im sure ill like this one too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 2:12 am

Daniel Zimmerman is a monster drummer New Freedom Call 604261

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am

Good news indeed, I like Eternity & Crystal Empire alot.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Its all about the debut album. 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:15 pm

I like the debut and I like Dimensions. I have no other FC contact.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:16 pm

Except for the song "Far Away", I thought this album was a huge letdown.

The songs weren't nearly as memorable for me as earlier FC.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

You need Eternity and Crystal Empire. Most FC fans agree those are their best.

The lost Ramone
Stender

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Yeah Runnerup to STF would be Eternity for me. I havent heard Dimensions yet, I think I kind of got burned out after circle of life came out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Freedom Call Empty

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Well...except for Stender.

The lost Ramone
Stender

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Well...except for Stender.

pfff... what are you talking about toho I love Eternity. I havent heard crystal empire that much so I cant make a judgement on that one, but whats so bad about the debut?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 pm

The debut is okay but I just don't think the songwriting is as strong as Crystal Empire.

STF is definitely better than Dimensions though IMO. That album just blows (except for Far Away).

The lost Ramone
Stender

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The debut is okay but I just don't think the songwriting is as strong as Crystal Empire.

STF is definitely better than Dimensions though IMO. That album just blows (except for Far Away).

I need to get Crystal Empire sometime then. What did you think of Circle of life?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Actually, I was kind of disappointed in that one. It's OK and still better than Dimensions but I would say that would be my second least favorite FC album.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:34 pm

In all honesty, it could be I'm just weary of this genre. I find myself listening to less and less power metal lately.

The lost Ramone
Stender

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
In all honesty, it could be I'm just weary of this genre. I find myself listening to less and less power metal lately.

ha! me too actually, its the genre I started with. I actually sort of liked circle of life, it was my first FC album. but yeah, listening to that early stuff now blows that one out of the water.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Quote :
In all honesty, it could be I'm just weary of this genre.

That's just kooky talk!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 pm

I like their latest. I love Mr. Evil as a song. The Taragon EP has some good songs on it too.

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Quote :
I like their latest.

A man of taste and culture!!

I put off getting the last one for so long due to the hammering it was given. Then, I listened to some samples and liked them. I took a chance on it and I'm glad I did! 17 songs and mabye 5-6 fillers/skippers, but that leaves 11-12 great songs. I love this album!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm

5 of those 17 were bonus tracks that first appeared on their live cd so i dont really count them as part of the new stuff. I think to get into Dimensions you need to listen to it several times and then it clicks. I have always had a soft spot for this band so I might try a little harder to like their material but they dont let me down..

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

That's true about the 5 bonus tracks. Only 1-2 of the bonus tracks I like anyhow, so the main body is pretty good by itself. That's more or less my rule of thumb. If a 9-10 song album has at least 5-6 very good songs then it's usually a keeper. That's where The Black Halo comes in. 5 fantastic songs carry the rest of the snooze-fest.

With Dimensions there's at least 7 or 8 songs I really like and a couple more that are good.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 pm

I LOVE Freedom Call! FC is one of my all-time fave metal bands! "Dimensions" is awesome! 9/10
1.ETERNITY 10/10
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 am

When's their new CD due out? I can't wait to get my copy! One of my all-time Top 20 metal bands!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 pm

some new songs from Legend of the Shadow King:

this is classic FC! I am looking forward to the cd!

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I was going to get this on ebay the other day but the seller who had it didnt seem trust worthy. Too many of the same people "bought" from him and there were a few people that didnt get their items so I'll have to look else where.

New Freedom Call Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Freedom Call   New Freedom Call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Freedom Call
Page 1 of 1