Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acridity - For Freedom I Cry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Empty
PostSubject: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:04 pm

Does anyone have the lyrics for this album? The tracklists for the album on P2P varies from user to user. No one seems to have the correct song titles for every song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 1:19 am

I've got an original of it. The booklet doesn't have all the lyrics for it. I'll tell you, though, that tracks 2 and 3 are in the wrong order. 2 is actually For Freedom I Cry, and 3 is Lethal Idol. They are listed wrong on the actual CD and inlay itself, so that could be the reason for the confusion.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 am

Wow. I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

What song begins with the lyrics "Needless suffering...among the dying" or something like that? It's the longest song on the album, I think. That is the best song on there, IMO. But due to the incorrect tracklisting, and absence of lyrics, I don't have the right title (I think).
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:42 am

I've not heard this CD. What's it like?

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 11:38 am

Required Fields wrote:
Wow. I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

What song begins with the lyrics "Needless suffering...among the dying" or something like that? It's the longest song on the album, I think. That is the best song on there, IMO. But due to the incorrect tracklisting, and absence of lyrics, I don't have the right title (I think).

That track is Denied Right. It's one of only 4 that has the lyrics printed in the booklet.scratch It's listed as track 5 on the CD and on the inlay.

ultmetal wrote:

It's Bay Area thrash. Originally recorded in '88, the album didn't see release until '91, which may be why they didn't get much attention, as it sounded a bit dated after the 3 year gap. It's something I'd be willing to bet that you'd like.Cool

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:04 pm

I'll have the correct track listing and track times for you in just a bit RF. I'm listening to the disc right now, and comparing it against about 3 different track listings I've found, the one on the inlay and CD itself, and the few songs that have lyrics in the booklet.

Whoever pressed this thing screwed up royally. The inlay and CD does NOT match the tracklist so far!Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:

They are a Texan based thrash metal band. They sound a lot like old Metallica, in my opinion, especially in the vocals, which sound a lot like old James Hetfield.

I remember reading when the album was recorded, some band members were only about 15-16 years old. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Besides "Denied Right", what other songs have the lyrics printed? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Here is the correct track list and track times:

1. Beyond 6:41
2. The Verdict 3:32
3. Exist In Misery 3:38
4. For Freedom I Cry 5:43
5. Countdown To Terror 5:19
6. Denied Right 7:10
7. Lethal Idol 4:27
8. Nothing Held Sacred 3:55
9. Vigilante 4:32

The only songs that have lyrics printed are Denied Right, Beyond, Lethal Idol, and For Freedom I Cry.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:27 pm

Kind of weird how they would print lyrics for only half the songs. Kreator's Coma of Souls booklet is like that, too.

But yeah, the track lengths seem to match the song titles I knew (song title was in the lyrics). Thanks! This should clear up a lot of the confusion.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:44 pm

The CD and inlay only had tracks 1, 8, and 9 listed correctly! They screwed everything else up. I knew it was off, but not how badly until today!

As for how old they were, they look quite young from the picture inside the booklet. You could very well be right on their ages.

PostSubject: Re: Acridity - For Freedom I Cry   Acridity - For Freedom I Cry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acridity - For Freedom I Cry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: