Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The CD is dying

Go down 
+25
T-Roy
sovdat
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
tul
Sutekh
manny
Addy
DallasBlack
snooloui
tohostudios
ZetaReticuli
Eyesore
jstate
Metalgiant
Schbopo
exact33
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
James B.
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
Gilbert
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

The CD is dying - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 pm

bigjtink wrote:
[Because country artists have figured out how to connect with the fans. Smart business and good customer service.

Maybe. But I think they also cater to the lowest common denominator of humanity. "Honkey-Tonk Badonkadonk" comes to mind. Then you have true country artists producing strong country albums like Dwight Yoakum who get zero airplay. Like so many other things, country music is a popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:05 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
bigjtink wrote:
[Because country artists have figured out how to connect with the fans. Smart business and good customer service.

Then you have true country artists producing strong country albums like Dwight Yoakum....
If that's good country...you just REDEFINED the "lowest-common-denominator"!!! just kidding lol!

That is some awful awful country, that's why Yoakum has always been on the outside, short of a couple #1's back in the early 90's. If PeeWee Herman sang country....that's what I'd imagine him to sound like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Dwight Yoakam was pretty bad-ass as one of the villains in the movie "Panic Room" though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Quote :
Maybe. But I think they also cater to the lowest common denominator of humanity.

I do not know how to respond to that. Ignorance? Not meaning to insult you but really?

Quote :
Like so many other things, country music is a popularity contest.

Metal isn't?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dwight Yoakam was pretty bad-ass as one of the villains in the movie "Panic Room" though.
BINGO Laughing very hard

DON'T FORGET SLINGBLADE...."alright 'den....mmmmhmmm"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 pm

bigjtink wrote:
Quote :
Maybe. But I think they also cater to the lowest common denominator of humanity.

I do not know how to respond to that. Ignorance? Not meaning to insult you but really?

Quote :

Metal isn't?

Do you really think the average country fan is at the top of the food chain? Ever been to the Southeastern US? It will open your eyes.

Metal isn't a popularity contest, because it isn't a popular form of music, mainstream-wise.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:38 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
bigjtink wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

Metal isn't?

Do you really think the average country fan is at the top of the food chain? Ever been to the Southeastern US? It will open your eyes. .

and there are very sophisticated and well-spoken country fans as well. Look at how some of the metalheads dress and talk up here in the NE.

SpectreFate wrote:
Metal isn't a popularity contest, because it isn't a popular form of music, mainstream-wise.

I think country music is more a way of life for the majority of the genre's fans.

bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:41 pm

All forms of entertainment are by nature, a popularity contest to some degree or another.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:51 pm

bigjtink wrote:
All forms of entertainment are by nature, a popularity contest to some degree or another.

I agree. Metalheads are fond of saying it is a way of life but in reality they are choosing to listen to one form of music over another.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CD is dying   The CD is dying - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The CD is dying
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5