Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Last seen movies - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 am

Year One (again)
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Megashark vs. Giant Octopus (again)
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:22 am

saw Defendor it was decent
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:23 am

Went to the theatre yesterday saw 'The Runaways' not a great film but a still entertaining film, they got some of the facts wrong (like Cherie Curie quitting during a recording session, Joan Jett claims she never pissed on any band's instruments) but the performances from Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart where excellent and the guy who played Kim Fowley the manager was great, caught him in all his creepiness.

The movie is flawed, they treat Lita Ford as almost a non character, and Jackie Fox must have been a figment of fan's imagination because she is not even mentioned in the movie and the bassplayer is some made up name from an actresses who has no lines!

Also the movie ends when Cherie Currie quits the band where the band continued for a few years and the end only mentions what happened to Fowley, Curie and Jett, no mention that Lita Ford's successful solo career or drummer Sandy West's cancer related death.

I do recommend the movie because of the performances and the music, it captures that 70's era perfectly. Look at it like I look at 'The Doors' movie, not very accurate as far as biopics go but still highly entertaining, and if you are easily offended avoid it.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Shaun of the Dead. I got sick of the zombie movie resurgence really quick but this one's a real classic. It manages to have fun with the genre while still being part of it, which is hard for parodies to do.

Revenge of the Sith. It's got a lot of problems, like having Hayden Christensen as the main actor, but there's also some cool stuff in it. Probably the least frustrating prequel to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:12 pm

manny wrote:
Went to the theatre yesterday saw 'The Runaways' not a great film but a still entertaining film, they got some of the facts wrong (like Cherie Curie quitting during a recording session, Joan Jett claims she never pissed on any band's instruments) but the performances from Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart where excellent and the guy who played Kim Fowley the manager was great, caught him in all his creepiness.

The movie is flawed, they treat Lita Ford as almost a non character, and Jackie Fox must have been a figment of fan's imagination because she is not even mentioned in the movie and the bassplayer is some made up name from an actresses who has no lines!

Also the movie ends when Cherie Currie quits the band where the band continued for a few years and the end only mentions what happened to Fowley, Curie and Jett, no mention that Lita Ford's successful solo career or drummer Sandy West's cancer related death.

I do recommend the movie because of the performances and the music, it captures that 70's era perfectly. Look at it like I look at 'The Doors' movie, not very accurate as far as biopics go but still highly entertaining, and if you are easily offended avoid it.

Sounds very interesting. I want to see it, but my wife refuses. Sad Oh well, I'll see it on DVD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Quote :
Joan Jett claims she never pissed on any band's instruments
Was this in the movie?!? That's hot. Last seen movies - Page 29 201269

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Last seen movies - Page 29 412FCKQ5GTL._SL500_AA300_

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Off the local horror host's tv show - Day of the Triffids,a pretty cool old British movie with invading carnivorous plants from outer space.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Joan Jett claims she never pissed on any band's instruments
Was this in the movie?!? That's hot. Last seen movies - Page 29 201269

Yep after the headlining band cut their sound check short, Joan gets her revenge.

Last edited by manny on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

007 wrote:
Off the local horror host's tv show - Day of the Triffids,a pretty cool old British movie with invading carnivorous plants from outer space.

Now THIS is a movie I think should be remade. Great story but the FX are pretty weak.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Quote :
Revenge of the Sith. It's got a lot of problems, like having Hayden Christensen as the main actor
You ain't kidding there.

Quote :
Day of the Triffids
Awesome! I remember watching that on Channel 43 Cleveland (Super Host) with my Dad as a kid, one of his child-hood favorites.

2012 - I know this one gets slammed, but I'm a sucker for cheesy disaster movies, and this delivers in spades.
Spoiler:

Gamer - Decent near-future "the mind as the final computer frontier" type movie with lots of blood.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 am

Clash of the Titans. Enjoyable, but in the end it's just another eye candy flick.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Beast From 20,000 Fathoms

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Last seen movies - Page 29 Dark-city-dvd
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Last seen movies - Page 29 Dark-city-dvd

I really like this one although I don't have the director's cut.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Undercover Brother was on Comedy Central.

My review: It was good.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 am

Elektra.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:13 am

The director's cut of Dark City is far superior...gets rid of the tiresome Kiefer Sutherland narration (shades of Blade Runner...)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 am

"Dark Angel" (a.k.a. "I Come In Peace") - underrated buddy-cop actioner with Dolph Lundgren as a Houston cop battling an alien who's come to earth to collect human brain fluids, which are used as a narcotic on his home planet. Silly as hell but SO much fun. They blow up a ton-o-stuff in this flick!! Brian Benben (of HBO's "Dream On") is hilarious as Dolph's by-the-book FBI partner.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dark Angel" (a.k.a. "I Come In Peace") - underrated buddy-cop actioner with Dolph Lundgren as a Houston cop battling an alien who's come to earth to collect human brain fluids, which are used as a narcotic on his home planet. Silly as hell but SO much fun. They blow up a ton-o-stuff in this flick!! Brian Benben (of HBO's "Dream On") is hilarious as Dolph's by-the-book FBI partner.
Great film! I wonder why it's not on DVD yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Zombie Holocaust - Highly enjoyable Italian cannibal/zombie exploitation flick with the cheese-factor way up there!

Anthropophagus - For years I'd read mostly reviews that lambasted the bejeesus out of this one, but in the end, I quite enjoyed it.

Last edited by GrimBeornTheOld on Tue May 04, 2010 4:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:

Anthropophagus - for years I'd read mostly reviews that lambasted the bejeesus out of this one, but in the end, I quite enjoyed it.

Ah, one of the nastiest flicks ever, still without much happening! And I thought I was the only one aware of this movie at this board, as I've mentioned it before to no avail.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Great film! I wonder why it's not on DVD yet.

It's available on DVD overseas (as "Dark Angel") but not in the U.S....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm

FUBAR
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm

kmorg wrote:
GrimBeornTheOld wrote:

Anthropophagus - for years I'd read mostly reviews that lambasted the bejeesus out of this one, but in the end, I quite enjoyed it.

Ah, one of the nastiest flicks ever, still without much happening! And I thought I was the only one aware of this movie at this board, as I've mentioned it before to no avail.

It's because of those two scenes (both of which I won't spoil for anyone, as one in particular completely caught me off guard), and also if you want to count the well executed meat cleaver to the face scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next