Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Last seen movies - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 am

I don't understand the appeal of that "Borat" guy (Sasha Baron what's his nuts) at all. He's like this generation's version of Andy Kaufman, and I could never stand him either.

He was a guest voice on "The Simpsons" a week or two ago, when the Simpson family took a trip to the Holy Land. He was their tour guide when they got to Israel. The character had an incredibly over-the-top thick accent that was so annoying that I could barely understand anything he said throughout the episode. When the end credits came up and I saw his name I said "Amazing! He can even irritate the HELL out of me in ANIMATED form!!!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

Oh, and last movie I saw:

"Until The Light Takes Us" -- a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene and all the chaos that surrounded it in the early 90s. I'm not a Black Metal fan at all but I have always had a morbid interest in this string of events, simply because the people involved were all completely batsh*t crazy. Lots of interviews with guys like Fenriz (Darkthrone), Varg "Count Grishnackh" Vikernes (from jail), Frost from Satyricon, dudes from Immortal, Mayhem, etc. -- all the major "playas," telling tales of murder, the string of church burnings and the media frenzy that followed in their aftermath, etc., etc. Interesting stuff. I am now more sure than ever that Black Metal is the sound of mental illness put to tape, and that the majority of the guys in this movie shouldn't be walking around loose. Fenriz was the only one who came off as a somewhat normal guy, he was like the "voice of reason" throughout the movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I don't understand the appeal of that "Borat" guy (Sasha Baron what's his nuts) at all. He's like this generation's version of Andy Kaufman, and I could never stand him either.

He was a guest voice on "The Simpsons" a week or two ago, when the Simpson family took a trip to the Holy Land. He was their tour guide when they got to Israel. The character had an incredibly over-the-top thick accent that was so annoying that I could barely understand anything he said throughout the episode. When the end credits came up and I saw his name I said "Amazing! He can even irritate the HELL out of me in ANIMATED form!!!"

Nope, I don't get it either.

And the only time I liked Andy Kauffman was when he was feuding with Jerry Lawler in Memphis wrestling. His weekly schtick about rednecks was hilarious. Every week he'd come out with a new hygiene tip.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nope, I don't get it either.

And the only time I liked Andy Kauffman was when he was feuding with Jerry Lawler in Memphis wrestling. His weekly schtick about rednecks was hilarious. Every week he'd come out with a new hygiene tip.

Ali G is better than Borat I think.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 am

Who?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:35 am

Never seen Borat or Bruno but I always thought the Ali G show had really funny ideas that just then went too far in order to be shocking. Maybe I never saw enough of it, but I thought everything would have been funnier if it was cut in half. No way I could take a whole movie with him.

Always thought the descriptions of Kaufman's routines came off much more funny than the execution. The stuff with Letterman and the wrestling was great but the other stuff like his TV special I didn't get. Okay, I also liked planting the guy in the audience to heckle him.

Watched Zombieland. Great stuff, didn't want it to end. And even though I already knew about the surprise cameo it still had me dying of laughter.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 am

Borat (love it, film wasnt shooted in Kazakhstan, real state is Romania, language is Polish)

Last edited by iamrockerfun on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:52 am

I enjoyed Borat, though it's never as funny as the first time. The humor is mostly about how people react as opposed to what he does, although he has some zingers. I thought the Pam Anderson thing was lame. Haven't been sure about seeing Bruno.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 am

Bruno sux a lot ! waste of money.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Saw Solomon Kane last week. It was pretty decent. Nothing special though, but it was entertaining. Conan the Barbarian is still the best flick based on a Bob Howard character though.

Not saying much, unfortunately. It amazes me that Howard's work is so cinematic and yet every time someone makes a movie based on his work, the first they do is change everything about the characters and setting.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Stargate: the Ark of Truth
Superman II

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:12 pm

jstate wrote:
Never seen Borat or Bruno but I always thought the Ali G show had really funny ideas that just then went too far in order to be shocking. Maybe I never saw enough of it, but I thought everything would have been funnier if it was cut in half. No way I could take a whole movie with him.

Always thought the descriptions of Kaufman's routines came off much more funny than the execution. The stuff with Letterman and the wrestling was great but the other stuff like his TV special I didn't get. Okay, I also liked planting the guy in the audience to heckle him.

Have you not seen the Ali G movie (Ali G Indahouse)? I find it rather funny.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 pm

7 days to live...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 pm

I haven't seen this yet but I guarantee I will.

WARNING - this is a really sick concept so those with faint constitutions should not click the link.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-human-centipede/trailer

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 pm

lmao, perhaps will see this.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:25 am

I almost clicked on toho's link.

Glad I didn't.

Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Toho! That looks awesome! Where do you catch wind of these movies?

I need you to make me a "must see" underground top-50. Man!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Toho! That looks awesome! Where do you catch wind of these movies?

I need you to make me a "must see" underground top-50. Man!

I work with a guy who's addicted to movie trailers. He's well aware of my taste in movies so every time he runs across some bizarre trailer, he sends me the link.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I almost clicked on toho's link.

Glad I didn't.

Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_lol

I am with you there. the scariest thing I want to see if the care bears being chased by the Purple Pieman of Porcupine peak...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm

This one isn't really scary, just gross and disturbing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Until The Light Takes Us" -- a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene and all the chaos that surrounded it in the early 90s. I'm not a Black Metal fan at all but I have always had a morbid interest in this string of events, simply because the people involved were all completely batsh*t crazy. Lots of interviews with guys like Fenriz (Darkthrone), Varg "Count Grishnackh" Vikernes (from jail), Frost from Satyricon, dudes from Immortal, Mayhem, etc. -- all the major "playas," telling tales of murder, the string of church burnings and the media frenzy that followed in their aftermath, etc., etc. Interesting stuff. I am now more sure than ever that Black Metal is the sound of mental illness put to tape, and that the majority of the guys in this movie shouldn't be walking around loose. Fenriz was the only one who came off as a somewhat normal guy, he was like the "voice of reason" throughout the movie.

Any chance you can make me a copy of that?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This one isn't really scary, just gross and disturbing.

My wife digs gore she'd probobly like that heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:28 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Any chance you can make me a copy of that?

Possibly... I watched it on Sundance Channel and recorded it onto a DVD-R to loan to my brother next time I see him, so whenever I get it back from him (haven't given it to him yet) I can hook you up.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I haven't seen this yet but I guarantee I will.

WARNING - this is a really sick concept so those with faint constitutions should not click the link.

Just read the description of this flick on Wiki and whoa... it just sounds SO wrong, on SO many levels. Think I'll pass on this flick. Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:19 pm

I watched these a few hours ago...

Passchendaele
Paranormal Activity - this one scared me when she got dragged from the bed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next