Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Last seen movies - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:17 am

Last seen movies - Page 8 25168
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:34 am

Doom. I had heard bad reviews about this, but I thought it was pretty good film. Just a fun, popcorn movie. Lots of action, gore and some cool monsters. That's all I need on a lazy afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 am

Back into the heap of Dollar Store DVDs...

Last seen movies - Page 8 51r1xevjmzlaa280ja9

"The Galaxy Invader" (1985)...hilariously awful Z-grade, no-budget crap about a gang of drunken hillbillies trying to hunt down an alien after its spaceship crash lands near their small town. The "Alien" looks like the love child of Swamp Thing and the Creature from the Black Lagoon (in a costume that looks like it's made of papier mache!), nobody can act, but that's OK because nobody wrote a script either. Basically, it was lots of people running thru the woods firing shotguns in the dark and yelling at each other. I was rooting for the alien about five minutes in.

About halfway thru it occurred to me that story-wise, this movie was kinda like a rough draft of "Predator" ... made by retards.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Back into the heap of Dollar Store DVDs...

Last seen movies - Page 8 51r1xevjmzlaa280ja9

"The Galaxy Invader" (1985)...hilariously awful Z-grade, no-budget crap about a gang of drunken hillbillies trying to hunt down an alien after its spaceship crash lands near their small town. The "Alien" looks like the love child of Swamp Thing and the Creature from the Black Lagoon (in a costume that looks like it's made of papier mache!), nobody can act, but that's OK because nobody wrote a script either. Basically, it was lots of people running thru the woods firing shotguns in the dark and yelling at each other. I was rooting for the alien about five minutes in.

About halfway thru it occurred to me that story-wise, this movie was kinda like a rough draft of "Predator" ... made by retards.
Ha! I have this on VHS. One of those old plastic "Clamshell"cases. Bought from a video store that was trying to get rid of some tapes. I kind of liked it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 am

Quote :
this movie was kinda like a rough draft of "Predator" ... made by retards.

This should be used as a quote on the back of the dvd case. Last seen movies - Page 8 328982

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Leatherface wrote:

Ha! I have this on VHS. One of those old plastic "Clamshell"cases. Bought from a video store that was trying to get rid of some tapes. I kind of liked it.

You must have an even stronger stomach for film badness than I do. And since I buy most of my DVDs at the dollar store, that's sayin' somethin. I bow to you sir. Last seen movies - Page 8 778825

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This should be used as a quote on the back of the dvd case. Last seen movies - Page 8 328982

I'm getting better at summing my feelings up in a single sentence. Laughing

This particular title is apparently in the public domain, so anybody can press it up on DVD and sell it... what do ya say, let's whip up a few hundred copies and use that quote on the cover! Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Quote :
Basically, it was lots of people running thru the woods firing shotguns in the dark and yelling at each other. I was rooting for the alien about five minutes in.

Sounds like Plan 9 From Outer has an '80's counterpart!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
Quote :
Basically, it was lots of people running thru the woods firing shotguns in the dark and yelling at each other. I was rooting for the alien about five minutes in.

Sounds like Plan 9 From Outer has an '80's counterpart!

Oh yeah, the "MST3K" crew would've had a field day with "Galaxy Invader."

By the way, in the interest of full disclosure I would like to point out that the video box for the movie that I posted above contains some false advertising -- the tag line sez "ALIEN MENACE TERRORIZES TRAILER TRASH REDNECKS!" -- none of said rednecks actually lives in a trailer in the movie. Laughing very hard

The second movie on this double-feature DVD (the Japanese sci-fi/diaster flick "Virus") was actually pretty damned good. Too bad it's got this "Galaxy Invader" movie attached to it like a tumor.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 pm

<saw most of something called The Splinter last night on Sci Fi

it was decent but there were some ridiculous parts
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

[quote="scottmitchell74"]

That's weird, what the heck happened to my post and quote of SM74?

Anyway, what I asked was that movie titled "The Splinter" or just "Splinter"?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Splinter is a monster movie starring that chick from the Mercury car commercials.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Last seen movies - Page 8 Recycle-br

I shall watch this in a little while....I got it for $6 at FYE today....along with that ACCUSED cd and TOKYO GORE POLICE....

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm

COBRA Last seen movies - Page 8 11840
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Quote :
along with that ACCUSED cd and TOKYO GORE POLICE....

TGP rules!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Watching the first season of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Episode 1 includes:

Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson
The World's Most Deadly Joke
& lots of dead pigs.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Stender wrote:
COBRA Last seen movies - Page 8 11840

Good movie! It never gets old.

Last seen movies - Page 8 438278
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 am

Not sure Toho - I was at work, couldn't sleep, and now I don't properly remember the name.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:01 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Not sure Toho - I was at work, couldn't sleep, and now I don't properly remember the name.
Spoiler:

That's it. Splinter. It has its moments but you're right, nothing to get excited aout.

The funny part was the whole time I was watching it I kept thinking I recognized the lead actress. It wasn't until later on when I was watching sports and a Mercury car commercial came on that I made the connection.

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 am

Liar, Liar

Third time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll righty then
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

not movies - but shows:

Modern Family
The Middle
CSI: Miami (season 2)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Still watching Monty Python's Flying Circus - Season 1

Today was the second episode featuring the classic "Marriage Counselor" sketch.

But my latest DVD order arrrived today so tomorrow it's "Pandorum" - described by some critics as "The Descent in space" so MetallicBlazes need not apply. Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_wink

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Quote :
"The Descent in space
"

You couldn't sum this movie up better in 444 words, let alone 4. Ignoring some really "out there" pseudo-science, it's a pretty good movie. (I liked The Descent a lot)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of The Descent, so I'll pass on this one.

Thanks for the warning.

I loved The Cave though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

A Very Brady Sequel

Never seen this before. Pretty good. I think there's so much great potential with the whole "70's family stuck in modern times" approach.

17 Again

Avoided this because it looked stupid. Ended up enjoying it quite a bit. "Jan" from The Office was in this, there was a great deal of "geekdom" that I related to in it and it has some actual funny parts. So, all around enjoyable experience.

Into the Storm

I've always loved Churchill (what I know about him) and get goose-bumps every time I listen to Live After Death and hear his "We shall go on to the end..." speech.

The movie was way too broad and skipped too much, however. The whole Churchill WWII era story needs more than 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next