Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+42
the sentinel
akeldama
ZetaReticuli
SideShowDisaSter
Mglaffas81
Wargod
Lewis
exact33
James B.
DallasBlack
T-Roy
Metal Misfit
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
TheGooch
Thrasher73
MetalH
Addy
sheets
Fat Freddy
Stender
Dave the Boss
DeathCult
holydiver97595
nevermore
thejokeriv
snooloui
FlyingV
Required Fields
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Shiney
Leatherface
tohostudios
Sutekh
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Last seen movies - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:01 am

Took my lady to see 'Valentine's Day' for a chic flick it was ok, but it could have used a gun battle or two.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 am

Finally saw "The Dark Knight." It was freakin' KICK ASS!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 am

its a good film. Wow an escape from La avatar. havent seen that in a while. well discounting metal gear solid.

watched halo legends last night. pretty sweet if inconsistent
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:30 pm

TheGooch wrote:
Wow an escape from La avatar. havent seen that in a while. well discounting metal gear solid.

I preferred "Escape From New York" actually, but the "L.A." poster works better as an avatar... I tried using an "Escape from N.Y." movie poster but the image was too dark and didn't look good shrunk down to such a small size.

Back on topic...just watched a double feature of cutesy-poo talking animal movies with the kids... "Snow Buddies" and "Santa Buddies." Ugh, nothing like watching a Christmas movie out of season...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Wow an escape from La avatar. havent seen that in a while. well discounting metal gear solid.

I preferred "Escape From New York" actually, but the "L.A." poster works better as an avatar... I tried using an "Escape from N.Y." movie poster but the image was too dark and didn't look good shrunk down to such a small size.

Back on topic...just watched a double feature of cutesy-poo talking animal movies with the kids... "Snow Buddies" and "Santa Buddies." Ugh, nothing like watching a Christmas movie out of season...

My daughter loves those Buddies movies.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think this movie was brought up here before. I've seen neither the Norwegian version, or the Holywood remake. But I think it's cool that small Norwegian movies get that Hollywood treatment. They are never better than the originals though.

This one was better, but not by too much. Both are good in their own right.

Sometimes I actually prefer the remake of a movie to the original.

I'd say about half the time - the remake is better. But that's just me.

Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Just saw this one with my son at the theater. It KICKS ASS!!!

Last seen movies - Page 7 Percy_jackson_and_the_olympians_the_lightning_thief_ver3_000
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 pm

kmorg wrote:

My daughter loves those Buddies movies.

My kids do too! They love the fact that the "Buddies" are Golden Retrievers puppies (same breed of dog we have). I'll admit they're sorta cute the first time thru but when they wanna watch the same movie(s) over and over and over again....eeeeesh.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:26 pm

went a saw Shutter Island. Very cool flick, quite different than I expected. Numerous references to films, primarily horror (The Shining, The Haunting) and film noir (Out Of The Past, Vertigo). The atmosphere of the film is the most striking trait.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 am

detuned wrote:
went a saw Shutter Island. Very cool flick, quite different than I expected. Numerous references to films, primarily horror (The Shining, The Haunting) and film noir (Out Of The Past, Vertigo). The atmosphere of the film is the most striking trait.

What is that film anyway? The trailer sure makes it look like a horror movie but I don't think Scorcese does horror movies.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 am

Just watched a real good one:

Last seen movies - Page 7 B000BO0LH2.01.LZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 am

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

What is that film anyway? The trailer sure makes it look like a horror movie but I don't think Scorcese does horror movies.

It's a psychological thriller/mystery. It's also one of those movies you really can't describe anything about the film without ruining it for someone that hasn't seen it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

That was a good one - I didn't understand why it didn;t do that well and got bad reviews.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Saw Shutter Island on Saturday and thought it was fine. Nothing spectacular but a good flick all around. Scorcese is such a good director.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Insomnia

I got this years ago at one of those Blockbuster sales but for some reason I never watched it. I'm really enjoying it though. How can you go wrong with Al Pacino, Hilary Swank and Robin Williams (as a psycho)?

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

yeah the poster with the head of the statue of liberty would not really work
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

That was a good one - I didn't understand why it didn;t do that well and got bad reviews.

Yeah, I know. It's actually one of my favorite movies. Non-stop action on this one.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Just watched this new release with my wife. She loves all things 'ice-skating'.

It actually was pretty good.

Last seen movies - Page 7 51gbBp60AjL
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Yeah, I know. It's actually one of my favorite movies. Non-stop action on this one.

Ahhh...maybe that explains why you didn't like District 9. It's definitely not non-stop action.

Personally I hate nonstop action movies; "nevermind that our plot is paper thin and our character development is nil, look at these cool explosions."

Dude, we are even more far apart on our tastes in movies than we are in music. Last seen movies - Page 7 201269

Eh, it's all opinions. Based on our movie history MB, I think I'll pass on The Island.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm

BTW, if there's cool gore scenes, I usually throw my concern for plot and acting out the window. Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_wink

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

That's just it though. I love a good plot. Gotta have it.

The Island has a great plot!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 am

Getting caught up on the ridiculous amount of backlogged "Simpsons" episodes I've recorded over the past couple of months but haven't had time to watch...

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm

They remade Ice Castles? I loved the original....for one reason only.... Lynn-Holly Johnson. I'll never understand how she didn't become a huge star.

Watched Above The Law on bluray. It's fun for the nostalgia but outside of that it hasn't aged real well. The girlfriend enjoyed it for the laughs - Steven Seagal running and the ridiculously complicated plot (written by Seagal no less). Though as always Pam Grier is awesome. Glad I netflixed it instead of bought though. I'm hoping Hard To Kill holds up better.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

jstate wrote:
They remade Ice Castles? I loved the original....for one reason only.... Lynn-Holly Johnson. I'll never understand how she didn't become a huge star.

Yeah, they remade it. I think I like the remake a bit better - as it's more present-day. The original is good too though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next