Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaughter

Go down 
+18
Shiney
ultmetal
Waylon
James B.
7thSaviour
DeathCult
Temple of Blood
Smindas
manny
scottmitchell74
kmorg
ZetaReticuli
Eyesore
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Metallic Blaze
iamrockerfun
Gilbert
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 am

I disagree.

I always loved Mark's vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Any news about these guys? I kind of lost trace of them after their very good "Fear no Evil" album.

I thought I heard Jeff Blando (guitar) and Dana Strum (bass) were playing as part of Vince Neil's backing band on his solo tour, but I could be mistaken.

Not really a fan though. Had their debut on tape, never upgraded to cd. Mark Slaughter's voice gets on my nerves after awhile. I can only take him in small doses. Saw them live in a tiny club a few years back which was cool though.
I think this band is probably done. I think their last album, Back To Reality, came out in 1999. No word of any new album since. And Mark Slaughter's vocals has apparently shit the bed, or he has. Probably both.

Hard to listen to. And that's not just an off performance. There's a lot of recent clips like this from the last year or so.

Not sure what happened to him, but that's just no good.

I think he was sick there. There have been other good performances too.
He has throat AIDS then. The video for the clip above was posted in February 2009. This is from 2007:

That's no good, and it's gotten worse.

WOW. Mark sounded like crap when I saw them open for Poison back in 2000, and this is far beyond that. Why anyone is even paying money to see him perform live at this point (if this is any indication of what he sounds like on a given night) is beyond me. But I'm a Slaughter fan, still have my cassette of "Stick It To Ya" around somewhere!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Has anyone ever heard this performance of "Over the Mountain" before? I don't know when this was done, but obviously years ago, since Mark's voice is beyond shot these days. I thought this version was pretty good.

I was looking to find the song "Desperately" live somewhere on YouTube, since that is probably my favorite Slaughter song. Unfortunately, I was only able to find a couple of live versions, one from 1995, and this from 2010. For the life of me, I don't know even know why Mark goes on stage anymore. This version is so cringe worthy, that I had to stop listening to it multiple times. He actually sounds like a bad Brian Johnson or Udo Dirkschneider!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 pm

I think that version came from an Ozzy tribute album. Bat's Head Soup maybe?

EDIT: Yup, here it is...
http://www.amazon.com/Bat-Head-Soup-Tribute-Ozzy/dp/B00004VVWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353089873&sr=8-1&keywords=bat%27s+head+soup+cd

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Picked up my very first Slaughter album yesterday. Got the Wild Life in the used bin at the local CD joint, along with some other goodies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slaughter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slaughter   Slaughter - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaughter
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3