Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:56 am

Schbopo wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Iron-maiden-eddie

humble

That's awesome. Is there a larger version of that available?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Looking at the "Dance of Death" cover now -- it's really not all that bad.

I guess it might be that because the music is soo good on it, that I like the artwork now - because it reminds me of the music.

Somehow I like the cover, whereas before I did not. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:17 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
That cover was never even finished according to the designer. It was a rough draft. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_lol

That's what I thought the very first time I saw it. It looks unfinished, like the figures aren't all fully rendered out CGI. And there are some odd perspectives going on there too. This cover might have looked better as a real painting instead of the computer graphics. Even by 2003 standards this should have been much better.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Quote :
Somehow I like the cover, whereas before I did not. Not sure why.

Are you on the marijauna?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:24 am

Best cover for an iron maiden is POWERSLAVE. Never seen something that majestic The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:25 am

Gilbert wrote:
Best cover for an iron maiden is POWERSLAVE. Never seen something that majestic The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 11840

I prefer Somewhere In Time, but the Poweslave ccver is freakin awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 am

powerslave and somewhere in time have the best art. (and imo the best iron maiden music). loved the art for seventh son of a seventh son as well
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:39 pm

my favorite Iron Maiden cover art is "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son".
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Objectively speaking, the best Maiden cover art is Killers, probably followed by Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast.

Anyway, I have recent Maiden albums but have not really latched on to anything past Seventh Son. Actually, I think I started liking Fear of the Dark too.

I just need some time with the newer stuff... but I doubt I will ever like it as much as the earlier stuff.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Love the 'Seventh Son' art the most, but no idea what the connection with most of it to the album is. I like that piece the most though partially because it seems the most..cerebral. It's not a simple mockup of a time, place, or ideal, with Eddie thrown into it. Not that the other covers are bad. I just like what is presented here the most.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 pm

i always thought killers had poor artwork. its probably my least favourite maiden album. yes i know im prob gonna get flamed for that but nothing on it ever grabbed me like other albums
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

How about that bloodsoaked axe, or the sinister look on Eddie's face, or his rad hair?!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm

yeah its a nice picture in the detail. i jut thought it seemed a bit unispired compared to what would come
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:19 pm

I actually see the earlier covers as more natural and less forced. By the time of Powerslave I got the feeling that Eddie was being forced into new scenarios. Earlier it was just metal. Later it became attempts at cleverness, with Eddie. At least that is how I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:28 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i always thought killers had poor artwork. its probably my least favourite maiden album. yes i know im prob gonna get flamed for that but nothing on it ever grabbed me like other albums

Same here. "Killers" is my least favorite Iron Maiden album. Paul Di'Anno was trying desperately to keep up with the rest of the band, and his vocals just weren't capable (thus why they replaced him soon thereafter). The album sounds choked to me.

I like the "S/T" better myself.

Then when Bruce came onboard -- that's really the Iron Maiden I know and love.

Now, as far as cover art goes ... "Killers" is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm

I will try to restrain myself, and simply say that Paul DiAnno fit the first two albums perfectly. Your opinion of Killers is valid for you, but realize that while you may even be in the majority, most of those people were only exposed to the first two albums as an afterthought, having become brainwashed into thinking that Maiden was defined by Bruce's vocals.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:02 am

AchrisK wrote:
I will try to restrain myself, and simply say that Paul DiAnno fit the first two albums perfectly. Your opinion of Killers is valid for you, but realize that while you may even be in the majority, most of those people were only exposed to the first two albums as an afterthought, having become brainwashed into thinking that Maiden was defined by Bruce's vocals.

Well, that is partially true. Maiden would never have been as big as they are if Paul was still singing. The other piece of the puzzle was Nicko on drums. Clive fit the first two albums perfectly. He did a great job on Number Of The Beast, but his style wouldn't have worked with Piece Of Mind on out.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am

thejokeriv wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

Well, that is partially true. Maiden would never have been as big as they are if Paul was still singing. The other piece of the puzzle was Nicko on drums. Clive fit the first two albums perfectly. He did a great job on Number Of The Beast, but his style wouldn't have worked with Piece Of Mind on out.

I don't see why Clive coudln't have played on their later albums. I think his drumming is way more interesting than Nicko's. Sure, Nicko's a very good, hard hitting drummer, but Clive's drumming is one of the things that makes early Maiden so good.

I was wondering about how far Maiden would've made it if Paul hadn't been kicked out. I could totally imagine him singing on Number of the Beast. The first two Maiden records are the pinnacle of their discography if you ask me. What I've always loved about those two is that the lyrical themes are an analogy of life in the East End of London. I've always loved the more down to earth lyrics of the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
my favorite Iron Maiden cover art is "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son".
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 11840 1,000,000,000,000,000/10!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 am

I always preferred the Powerslave and Somewhere In Time covers myself. They look great on t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 am

1.Seventh Son
2.Somewhere In Time
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:32 am

AchrisK wrote:

i think i started with the first two albums and while i loved the first one the second one never did much for me. i think its telling that maiden still play a lot of songs from those first two albums live with brucie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 am

I like the first two albums ok but Paul's singing is very limited. Bruce stepped things up a notch and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 am

tnotb really took it to new heights but i always though there was some filler on there. same of a lot of other later albums as well i guess
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 am

Iron Maiden have always had awesome cover art for their albums - That Derek Riggs geek is a genius. The cover to "Brave New World" is awesome, as well as the album itself The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 11840

Favourite 80s Iron Maiden album - Powerslave

Favourite 90s Iron Maiden album - Fear of the Dark

Favourite 00' Iron Maiden album - TIE - All of them are AWESOME! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next