Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Bruce needs to grow his hair out. I know it means nuthin' really, but AFTERALL it is Maiden The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am

Required Fields wrote:
Maiden rules! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840
UP THE IRONS! They will always be #1 in MY Book Of Metal! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:57 am

Schbopo wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Iron-maiden-eddie

humble
If that doesn't do it for you, nothing will! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Iron Maiden have finished recording their new album.
It’s been recorded at Compass Point Studios in Nassau. Says producer Kevin Shirley: “There’s still work to do, but the band portion is complete and in the can, so to speak.”
No release date or title have yet been confirmed, but Maiden will be back in live action in the UK on August 1, when they headline the last night of the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park.
We can safely assume that the album will be released this summer, to coincide with the Sonisphere appearance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

manny wrote:
It’s been recorded at Compass Point Studios in Nassau. Says producer Kevin Shirley: “There’s still work to do, but the band portion is complete and in the can, so to speak.”
No release date or title have yet been confirmed, but Maiden will be back in live action in the UK on August 1, when they headline the last night of the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park.
We can safely assume that the album will be released this summer, to coincide with the Sonisphere appearance.

Wooooooooooot!!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Wooooooooooot!!!! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840

Can't wait!!!!!

The rumor is a fall release after the summer shows, followed by a world tour stating in early 11 for the album.

Still some rumors that they may do a short US tour before the European festival gigs this summer and that would be a Greatest Hits tour with songs from BNW, DoD and AMOLAD back in the set list!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Great news!!!

The recent Iron Maiden albums have all been great!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 am

They said the album will be unlike the three previous albums, so I'm pretty curious about it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
They said the album will be unlike the three previous albums, so I'm pretty curious about it.

Which means it will be good? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 84826

I like Brave New World and Dance of Death, but I thought A Matter of Life & Death was a little boring. Hopefully the new songs are a little shorter and punchier. Drop the epic history lessons this time around.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Let us hope that it isn't a covers album The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 201269 Though they have done alot of good stuff in that dept. over the years.

Oh yeah, th Ol' Lady (wife) brought me home something from WallyWorld today. An Iron Maiden "Killers" t-shurt The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Quote :
Let us hope that it isn't a covers album The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 201269

I'd take that over a double cd symphonic metal concept album about a 16th century French fortune teller. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 778825

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Looking forward to the new album. A Matter of Life and Death was a definite step above the boring Dance of Death.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Looking forward to the new album. A Matter of Life and Death was a definite step above the boring Dance of Death.

Oh quite the contrary.

"Dance of Death" was a brilliant album.

I agree with Metalguy. I was majorly disappointed in "A Matter of Life and Death" after having "Dance of Death" dominate my stereo for several years.

I eventually grew to like "A Matter of Life and Death", but it's nowhere near the majesty of "Dance of Death".

I think a lot of people wrote "Dance of Death" unfairly off - because of the 'not so great' cover.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Judging a CD by its cover? Surely not! Razz

Dance of Death had its moments, but being an 'epic history lesson' kind of guy, I actually really liked A Matter... more. I might need to give DOD another spin!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Which means it will be good? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 84826

I like Brave New World and Dance of Death, but I thought A Matter of Life & Death was a little boring. Hopefully the new songs are a little shorter and punchier. Drop the epic history lessons this time around.

I only started appreciating AMoLaD a couple of weeks ago. When I got it in 2006 I didn't like it at all. Now I think it's the best reunion album so far. Brave New World was good, but a little boring in places, and Dance of Death just had a lot of tracks that didn't do anything for me.

Actually... I think The X-Factor is better than any album they've made since the reunion... *runs and hides*
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Oh quite the contrary.

I agree with Metalguy. I was majorly disappointed in "A Matter of Life and Death" after having "Dance of Death" dominate my stereo for several years.

I eventually grew to like "A Matter of Life and Death", but it's nowhere near the majesty of "Dance of Death".

I think a lot of people wrote "Dance of Death" unfairly off - because of the 'not so great' cover.

i always thought the cd artwork was really good. i had a tee with it on and everything
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:11 am

TheGooch wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Oh quite the contrary.

i always thought the cd artwork was really good. i had a tee with it on and everything

Wow, you actually LIKE the Dance of Death artwork? First time I've ever heard anyone say that. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:40 am

I've love the last three. They're not going to sound like the early years but it's still Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Oh quite the contrary.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't think A Matter of Life and Death was really any good either, I just thought it was better than the previous album. Brave New World is really good though and the only album post-reunion I can say I'm actually a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:30 am

The last three have all been excellent. I thought A Matter of Life and Death was the best album they ever made!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 am

Any expected release date? I can't wait for this new album. I hope it will be a true return to the roots, Ă  la Powerslave The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Oh quite the contrary.

Wow, you actually LIKE the Dance of Death artwork? First time I've ever heard anyone say that. Razz

really? i knew plenty of people who like it. i always preffered it over the BNW or DOD artwork. out of those three its the only one that has artowrk that stands even close to the early artwork imo
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:00 am

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Iron_maiden-dance_of_death

The most disturbing part of it is the baby on the right, somehow standing on the shoulder of the wolf.

But all parts of it suck.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:15 am

uh i can barely even look at it. ionly ever listened to it a few times so as not to look at the cover. what were they thinking i dont know and i dont want to know
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 am

That cover was never even finished according to the designer. It was a rough draft. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next