Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom

Go down 
+19
sheets
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
FlyingV
nevermore
Ben Grimm
bgast1
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
Eyesore
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Rex
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 am

He probably hurt himself because he had no vocal training and wasn't singing correctly.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:35 am

I might have to check these guys out - I like Bullet For My Valentine which does the same thing. The made me fans when I saw them open for Maiden. There music tends to be more classic Speed Metal (LOTS of Megadeth influence) with the two singers.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had their ADVANCE AND VANQUISH disc for awhile, the dual vocalists irritated the hell outta me (one guy on high pitched shrieky monkey squeals, another guy on tough guy BLURRRRRRGH breakdowns) so I traded it off pretty quick.

I know a lotta people dig that band and their vocal combination but for me it was like a slice of cheesecake topped with tuna fish. Ugh.

That sums up my feelings pretty well. I bought Advance & Vanquish on the strength of the one single I heard, but as much as I tried, I just couldn't get into it. The high-pitched were too screechy and the WOAAAAAAARGH stuff was too much for my ears. The dual vocalist thing worked much better in Into Eternity for me. Haven't heard anything from 3IoB since then.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They ditched the high pitch vocals? That's disappointing as the other vocalist is what I didn't care for as much.

No, Cam Pipes is still the main singer; it's the screaming guy that had to drop out. They do have a new second singer but his style is more like regular thrash vocals.

I've come to really like 3 Inches of Blood. I can see why folks wouldn't like them because they can be a bit much but when I'm in the mood to listen to something really energetic they do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm

sheets wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
They ditched the high pitch vocals? That's disappointing as the other vocalist is what I didn't care for as much.

No, Cam Pipes is still the main singer; it's the screaming guy that had to drop out. They do have a new second singer but his style is more like regular thrash vocals.

Yeah,I was gonna say it sounds like the same guy as on Fire Up the Blades.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm

sheets wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I've come to really like 3 Inches of Blood. I can see why folks wouldn't like them because they can be a bit much but when I'm in the mood to listen to something really energetic they do the trick.

That's what I thought. Good! headbanger

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 am

Yeah, I'm glad too. It's the high pitched vocals that I like!!!

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:36 am

Listening to it on Lala now (you should too)

http://www.lala.com/#album/576742227540136316/3_Inches_of_Blood/Here_Waits_Thy_Doom

This is the best thing I have heard from the band. Cam Pipes' vocals never bugged me on the earlier releases, it was just the metalcore screams that made me lose my boner. On this album, the screams are relegated to the background for the most part, which leaves more room for Cam's falsetto to take center stage.

I haven't heard their debut album, but from the 3 I have heard, this one is the best. The retro-sound is thick on this album. I think you will love it, ult!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 am

Cool! Hoping to score a copy for Christmas. If not I will pick up a copy after.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 am

It's a good album. Not their best though. If you do not own it, you're not missing much.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm

I picked it up yesterday. So far it's a let down from Fire Up The Blades for me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Really? Give it a few more spins. I really like it. Took me a couple spins to really start diggin' it though. 'Battles and Brotherhood' and 'Preachers Daughter' come to mind as standout tracks.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Really? Give it a few more spins. I really like it. Took me a couple spins to really start diggin' it though. 'Battles and Brotherhood' and 'Preachers Daughter' come to mind as standout tracks.

Didn't even take me a few spins. Only after one spin it pushed it's way into my top 10. If anything this is a giant leap from Fire Up The Blades IMO (and I liked that one).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm

I still haven't picked this up yet.
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Not my favourite album of thiers, but not bad. I like "Rock In Hell". The other singer took a break and has now formed a new band called Congress, my friend seen them and said they reminded him of Jesus Lizard. I think his voice couldn't handle the heavy touring anymore. Now that Jamie is gone, 3IOB have no more original members. Cam has sang on every release, but he wasn't in the original line-up. I still like thier first album best, "Balls Of Ice" rules!
Back to top Go down
JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:44 am

here's a link to Hooper's new band

Congress
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 am

I find the music of 3 inches of Blood to be a bit hard. It's not easily memorable. Don't you think?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I find the music of 3 inches of Blood to be a bit hard. It's not easily memorable. Don't you think?

Begrudgingly yes for the 2nd & 3rd albums (can't say about the 1st because I'm missing it), begrudgingly because I still like them (3rd more than 2nd). However, the new one is outstanding and light years ahead of the others.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Begrudgingly yes for the 2nd & 3rd albums (can't say about the 1st because I'm missing it), begrudgingly because I still like them (3rd more than 2nd). However, the new one is outstanding and light years ahead of the others.

I kinda agree too.

3 Inches of Blood is a good band, but I rarely find myself reaching for them anymore.

I guess that's why I've not bothered picking up the new one yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I kinda agree too.

3 Inches of Blood is a good band, but I rarely find myself reaching for them anymore.

I guess that's why I've not bothered picking up the new one yet.

Give it a try, I absolutly love it. I always (as did others) thought the weak link in the band was the core vocals and that one eliminates that problem, also the songwriting is much more memorable IMO (some would dare say it's more radio friendly but that has never bothered me).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:03 pm

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:32 am

What the hell happened here? I got this album through SwapaCD, and it's not what I expected at all. I've always liked these guys, but after two albums (including the debut, which was pretty turdly), I was in no real hurry to check out the latest two. I still haven't heard Fire Up The Blades.

Anyway, this new album is like a new band. Cam has always reminded me of a Muppet, or the Monty Python character in the Spam skit, but on this album, for whatever reason, I don't get annoyed with him. I don't know if he's toned things down, but he reminds me of Udo meets Halford...sort of. I wonder if the screaming dude was such a contrast that it made Cam's vocals sound more jarring.

And then there's the music here. It's far more traditional 80s heavy metal now, even NWOBHM at times. It even sounds old. Then there's a tune like "Preacher's Daughter," which is almost 70s rock! Crazy.

Either way, I've never enjoyed this band more. This album is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
I've never enjoyed this band more. This album is outstanding.

I understand why fans aren't digging the changes, but I found them to be quite enjoyable myself.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:41 am

I love Fire Up The Blades for it's added thrashiness and the all-out-guitar approach to the songwriting. That said I love the last one more and more. They kinda put a more traditional metal/hard rock bent to the songwriting and it shows. There are still standout speed metal tunes ("Call Of The Hammer" comes to mind) but overall there is a lot more consistency in this album. Me likes.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, the new album is much stronger. And the production is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next