Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exodus - Blood In Blood Out

Go down 
+21
sovdat
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Olafsto
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Eyesore
DeathCult
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
mlotek
corplhicks
Thrasher73
Spiner202
MetallicSeminarian
choosemetal
Thelemech
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Empty
PostSubject: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Zetro's return was discussed in a couple of threads here, and Blood In Blood Out was briefly discussed, but then any interest seems to have quickly died out - both on this board and others.  Any particular reasons why?  Was it disappointing? Boring?  Average?  Was it so blah that it doesn't even get praise or condemnation?  

In my case, I spun the album a couple of times and then shelved it because I got a glut of other releases in - The Dagger, Black Trip, Ambush, Stallion, etc.. - and those made much more of an immediate impact on me.  I plan to revisit this album, but right now I have another glut of new albums in - UDO, Visigoth, Venom, etc... that I am preparing for review.  

So any other thoughts on this?

Last edited by Witchfinder on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 7:38 pm

I have only listened to it once so far, on the day I bought it. It is alright, there are some strong tracks.

I was kind of liking Rob Dukes in the band, maybe that was subconsciously affecting my listening to it. I plan on revisiting it as well, maybe even tonight.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 7:41 pm

It was just a meh album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 pm

I bought it quite recently but haven't listened to it yet. Will have to remedy that shortly.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 pm

It's a really fantastic release. A bit long, but still easily one of my favourites from last year, and one of my favourite Exodus records as well.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:44 am

I think its a great album.Lots of good riffs.I think just so much has come out it kinda got swept under the rug.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:45 am

The songs overstay their welcome as the riffs repeat too much without flourish, dismissing that chaotic glee that we're all familiar with. That said it's still a strong album and one of the best from last year. I was pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

Thelemech wrote:
I have only listened to it once so far
It is alright,
choosemetal wrote:
It was just a meh album in my opinion.
yes – cOrrect
Exodus - Blood In Blood Out 251456
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 am

Great thrash metal. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:44 am

I've listened to it a couple of times on Spotify and it sounded pretty good to me, I just haven't had time/$$ to pick up the CD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 am

It's a pretty solid release from them. I liked the releases they did with Dukes but this one tops all of those.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Good songs at the end of it.

Definitely some filler material here.

Zetro sounds perfect for this band.

There is a song at the end that has a breakdown that is a big rip-off of "Dead Embryonic Cells".
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:52 pm

I quite enjoy the album. I spun it last week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:25 am

I listened to it on Spotify twice. It's a decent record, but it didn't really grab me. Nice to here Zetro on an Exodus album again though, too bad his return isn't a stronger release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 2:33 am

Good album, but I think the Dukes albums are way better.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 am

I enjoy it a lot. However, there is some definite filler and a few songs are a bit too long for their own good.

Zetro sounds as angry and nasty as ever, which is welcome.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 3:12 am

I think it's good. I like it better than the Dukes stuff.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Good album, but I think the Dukes albums are way better.

For the longest time i was a Dukes hater, but listening to those albums now i don`t know why. I agree that the last one is good, but the Dukes albums has grown on me and are among the very best of the Exodus catalogue IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 am

Its a good album. Nothing wrong with it. It came out though when many other releases were coming out and I think that is why it got skimmed over.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 pm

The news of Souza returning got me interested in Exodus again, but after hearing the first single, I wasn't much impressed. I think it was more about my personal tastes than the song itself.

I'm really starting to have little tolerance for harsh, growly vocals these days. Not that I had a high tolerance for them to begin with, but I could take them in small doses. It just sounds like screaming, noisey, jibberish to me anymore. I get enough of that from my wife and kids. I don't need it in my music too.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It just sounds like screaming, noisey, jibberish to me anymore. I get enough of that from my wife and kids. I don't need it in my music too.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 pm

I like it to a certain degree. Yeah, some songs and album as a whole are too long, but that's the same problem that they have since Shovel album.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:16 am

I've enjoyed the Dukes albums. However, I think Zetro's voice brings a bit more charisma to Exodus, ... in the same way Blitz does for Overkill and Chuck does for Testament. Having said that, similar to what some of you guys said, my cd hasn't had too many spins due to a glut of other releases.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Zombie thread... back from the dead! Braaaaaaiiiins... urrrgh.

Anyway, it's been a while since I even thought about this album but I just scored a used copy on GoHastings for five bucks and change so I'll give it a fresh listen when it arrives.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm

I finally got around to listening to it a few months ago. I love it, some killer riffs and Zetro sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exodus - Blood In Blood Out   Exodus - Blood In Blood Out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exodus - Blood In Blood Out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next