Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Of The Sun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 pm

I mentioned these guys back in 2008. But since that thread is wicked old and attribute to my old account (and has broken links), I figured I'd update it.

Here's what I said back then:

Ever heard of this band?

Quote :
Being a Solitude Aeturnus fan, I try to support Brainticket Records which is run by John Perez. I can't say I like everything he releases, but if it sounds interesting I usually give it a shot. Blood of the Sun is one of the bands that simply sounded cool without even hearing a tune. Mark Zammeron from Las Cruces being the name that rang my bell. He sang on the self-titled debut and did a great job.

Anyway, the band plays 70s hard rock, lots of keyboard and hammond. Henry Vasquez, the drummer, sang on the second album, In Blood We Rock, and he sounded a lot like Zammeron. Their third album, Death Ride, was just released, and this one has Derek St. Holmes on vocals! (He's best known, I guess, for his work with Ted Nugent.) So this gives the band a very different sound now, as his voice is nothing like the previous two singers. It also sounds heavier! The album sounds awesome, either way. Gotta order this damn thing.
I did order that album, and it's fantastic. They've got a new one coming out soon, on Nov 27, and it sounds excellent. Unexpected choice for vocalist this time, too.

Quote :
BLOOD OF THE SUN, the Seventies-rock-inspired band featuring SAINT VITUS drummer Henry Vasquez, will release its new album, "Burning On The Wings Of Desire", in North America on November 27 via Listenable Records.

To help with the CD, the band hooked up with MOS GENERATOR's Tony Reed, who produced, recorded, co-wrote and handled some guitar and bass duties.

A video for the song "Good and Evil", which features SAINT VITUS frontman Scott "Wino" Weinrich on vocals, can be seen below.

"Burning On The Wings Of Desire" track listing:

01. Let It Roll
02. Burning On The Wings Of Desire
03. Can't Stop My Heart
04. Brings Me Down
05. Rock Your Station
06. Good Feeling
07. The Snitch
08. Good And Evil

BLOOD OF THE SUN was formed in 2002 by Vasquez on drums and Dave Gryder (STORM AT SUNRISE) on keyboards.

BLOOD OF THE SUN's goal from the beginning has been to carry on the tradition of the classic rock style of the Seventies, with contributions from highly respected icons Derek St. Holmes from TED NUGENT and John 'O Daniel and Rusty Burns from POINT BLANK.

In 2004, the band released its self-titled debut on the independent Brain Ticket label. The group's initial lineup included LAS CRUCIS singer Mark Zamarron, SUB OSLO bassist Miguel Veliz, as well as ARCHIE BUNKER guitarists Jay Benfield and Rich Christopher.

For their 2007 sophomore release, "In Blood We Rock", Richard Hurley and Ty Thompkins handled guitars while Vasquez took over on vocals.

In 2008, "Death Ride" was released, with Derek St. Holmes on vocals as well as Erik Schmidt from REO SPEEDEALER and Mike Doty from THE HOUSE HARKONNEN on guitars.

In addition to touring the States, BLOOD OF THE SUN played Europe extensively in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TH-PzVXh0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO4_GKY3QMQ
Be warned, those videos show the album cover, which contains boobies!

Anyway, sounds like another killer record! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 am

Quote :
Be warned, those videos show the album cover, which contains boobies!

You had me at "boobies". crazy happy It's pretty good actually. I could listen to more of this I think.

EDIT: Whoa, I didn't see that Wino Weinrich is on here. That pushes it up a few notches on the want-list.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't think Wino is on the whole disc, just that song. He's definitely not singing on that second clip.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Thats pretty good, I dig it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't think Wino is on the whole disc, just that song. He's definitely not singing on that second clip.

No, he's not on the whole album, just that one tune. Shame it's not more, but that's good enough for me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 pm

I got a few of their discs coming my way. 3 of 'em to be exact. Got lucky on ebay!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I got a few of their discs coming my way. 3 of 'em to be exact. Got lucky on ebay!!
Right on. Love these guys.

You should also check out Storm At Sunrise. This was Dave Gryder's pre-Blood of the Sun band. Not even sure if he's still in the band, actually. Either way, if you dig early Deep Purple and stuff, check it out.

I only have their second and final album, The Suffering, which is awesome. This debut sounds pretty good, too, from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
trock67
Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah! These guys are awesome. I love Death Ride and Burning On the Wings of Desire. Easily one of my favorite bands right now.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah I love the band I have a couple releases from them.

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 am

Nice boobie shot on the back cover of Burning on the Wings of Desire too. greedy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice boobie shot on the back cover of Burning on the Wings of Desire too. greedy
Can't argue with that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blood Of The Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Of The Sun   Blood Of The Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Of The Sun
Page 1 of 1