Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom

Go down 
+19
sheets
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
FlyingV
nevermore
Ben Grimm
bgast1
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
Eyesore
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Rex
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, the new album is much stronger. And the production is excellent!
It sounds old, has that classic low-budget quality to it, which fits the music perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:04 am

I'll have to pick it up eventually.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
What the hell happened here? I got this album through SwapaCD, and it's not what I expected at all. I've always liked these guys, but after two albums (including the debut, which was pretty turdly), I was in no real hurry to check out the latest two. I still haven't heard Fire Up The Blades.

Anyway, this new album is like a new band. Cam has always reminded me of a Muppet, or the Monty Python character in the Spam skit, but on this album, for whatever reason, I don't get annoyed with him. I don't know if he's toned things down, but he reminds me of Udo meets Halford...sort of. I wonder if the screaming dude was such a contrast that it made Cam's vocals sound more jarring.

And then there's the music here. It's far more traditional 80s heavy metal now, even NWOBHM at times. It even sounds old. Then there's a tune like "Preacher's Daughter," which is almost 70s rock! Crazy.

Either way, I've never enjoyed this band more. This album is outstanding.

I couldn't get into Advance & Vanquish, so I'd given up on these guys altogether. Might have to give them another shot after reading that review.

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3