Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom

Go down 
+19
sheets
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
FlyingV
nevermore
Ben Grimm
bgast1
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
Eyesore
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Rex
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Empty
PostSubject: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

I've heard nothing about this release here. I loved their last two CDs, but have yet to pick this one up. Hoping it might be a gift from Santa this Christmas.

What's everyone's thoughts on it or this band in general?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 am

I thought they got 95% of their attention because they were on Roadrunner. They had one good song from what I heard. I made the mistake of buying their first major label CD.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 am

What are they?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:03 am

T-Roy wrote:
What are they?

Sort of a mix of power metal and thrash metal, with two vocalist. One vocalist has a high, falsetto style, the other is more of a hardcore screamer. The hardcore dude has since parted ways with the band leaving the guitarist to do the harsher vocals.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 am

Like TOB I bought their first album and only liked 1 song on it. The whole thing wasn't bad, but it was ULTRA samey sounding and nothing but that one song stood out in my mind. So I haven't bothered with them since.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 am

I had their ADVANCE AND VANQUISH disc for awhile, the dual vocalists irritated the hell outta me (one guy on high pitched shrieky monkey squeals, another guy on tough guy BLURRRRRRGH breakdowns) so I traded it off pretty quick.

I know a lotta people dig that band and their vocal combination but for me it was like a slice of cheesecake topped with tuna fish. Ugh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 am

I really like Fire up the Blades.I had Advance and Vanquish but traded it off.The samples off the new one didnt make me wanna rush out and get it.Too samey I guess.Anyway,I think there are several good songs on FUTB.I kinda like the two vocalist approach on there.I can see where the high falsetto vocals are an acquired taste.It reminds me of Guy Ritter from Tourniquet.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 am

The main singer sounds like Guy Ritter when he shrieked on the first TQT album. The lyrics are hilarious...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:35 am

Hated the hardcore vocals. Hate that style in general. Music, fast food beyond 'fun' venturing into 'useless'. I suppose there is such a thing as 'false true metal'.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 am

they're better than your average power metal. i haven't gotten the newest one yet though.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I can see where the high falsetto vocals are an acquired taste.It reminds me of Guy Ritter from Tourniquet.

Maybe that explains why I never got into 3IOB. I could never stand Guy Ritter's weasel screeching either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 am

mc666 wrote:
they're better than your average power metal. i haven't gotten the newest one yet though.

bands as examples? 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_razz really depends........I kind of thought them average no matter the genre, tbh..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:46 am

Great band, in moderation. The high-pitched vocals get a bit too Muppet-like after a while.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I suppose there is such a thing as 'false true metal'.

Ha! I may have to agree.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Which muppet speaks in high-pitched shrieking?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
None that I know of, but it sounds like it could be a Muppet. Or how about the woman who rants about spam in the Monty Python skit?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
BEAKER!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm

I like Fire Up The Blades enough but the first one didn't make me want to hear it a second time (not bad but nothing that stuck). Haven't picked up the new one and it isn't on my agenda unless I find it used somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm with Ult on this band! I really like "Fire Up the Blades". To me, it's modern thrash metal. Plain and simple.

I haven't ventured out and gotten any of their other albums yet, but I definitely want to at least pick up this new one.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm

I like the new one.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 pm

I like the new one, I do like Fire up the Blades more, but if you like 3 Inches of Blood you should not be disapointed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I like the new one, I do like Fire up the Blades more, but if you like 3 Inches of Blood you should not be disapointed

Good to know!

3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom 778825
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:34 am

I have it and it is one of my favorite releases this years. My favorite track is "The Preachers Daughter". Kind of has a Dio flare. They also ditched the high-pitched vocalist becuase he tore his vocal chords up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 am

FlyingV wrote:
I have it and it is one of my favorite releases this years. My favorite track is "The Preachers Daughter". Kind of has a Dio flare. They also ditched the high-pitched vocalist becuase he tore his vocal chords up.

They ditched the high pitch vocals? That's disappointing as the other vocalist is what I didn't care for as much.

PostSubject: Re: 3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom   3 Inches of Blood - Here Waits thy Doom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next