Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Sea - Blood

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Glower
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 8:10 pm

This is in my opinion one of the most criminally underrated hard/metal albums of all time. There's not one bad song on this album. The songwriting, the playing, the vocals are all completely spot-on.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 pm

Oh yea, great stuff. Had it since it was a new release, cuz I'm old. Haha.
I believe our old friend Scott aka Ult has just reissued this one via his new label.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh yea, great stuff. Had it since it was a new release, cuz I'm old. Haha.
I believe our old friend Scott aka Ult has just reissued this one via his new label.

Really? Good! I hope it catches on. It's one of those albums that should have sold out arenas. So much talent.

I was a huge Die Happy fan so I jumped on this right away as well. Wish there was more of it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 9:40 pm

My mistake, it was Bill Roxx's label.

http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag/single-post/2019/08/03/RED-SEA---Blood-2019

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 5:17 am

Yeah it’s a great album! Like you said not a bad moment on it. Reminds me so much of Badlands, and I love their stuff!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 am

The vocals are very good. Looked it up Ray Gillen. Didn’t know he died at 34 years old. HIV.
A stint with Black Sabbath - to a religious release - with Badlands in the middle. Fascinating.
Never really listened to Badlands or this release. Might do that now !
I have been very interested in hearing Eternal Idol - sung by him. Cool share
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 6:44 am

Yeah, my recent Red Sea kick caused me to dig into Badlands deeper. Wow! Just bought all three of their albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Great album!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Glower wrote:
The vocals are very good. Looked it up Ray Gillen. Didn’t know he died at 34 years old. HIV.

Yeah it’s a shame he died so young. But I’ve heard he was a scumball, sleeping around not telling them he had HIV.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Yeah, good stuff and I never had a copy until the recent reissues. Still spin it in my truck.

Roxx is also reissuing the Die Happy albums on CD and vinyl. I ordered the first album on CD from the Roxx site.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Love this album. Too bad they were one and done. I often put it in a playlist with Badlands. Hit shuffle and it’s almost hard to tell who’s who.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 am

Glower wrote:
A stint with Black Sabbath - to a religious release - with Badlands in the middle. Fascinating.

I think you might be mistaken...Ray Gillen is not the vocalist on the Red Sea album. That's Robyn Kyle Basauri. (Or is there some other religious release in Ray's catalogue you were thinking of?)

Anyway, just re-visited Red Sea for the first time in over 10 years. I really enjoyed it. I totally forgot about "Shades of Purple." That's a really fun one! I love all of the quotations in the lyrics, vocal screams and leads.

Back to top Go down
pdf0427
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm

https://mothermaryband.bandcamp.com/releases

Stumbled upon this more recent release from Robyn. I had no idea this existed until recently. Similar style. I find the production a little off on this, and, like most people, Robyn doesn't have the same pipes 25 years later, but it still sounds good.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm

pdf0427 wrote:
https://mothermaryband.bandcamp.com/releases

Stumbled upon this more recent release from Robyn.  I had no idea this existed until recently.  Similar style.  I find the production a little off on this, and, like most people, Robyn doesn't have the same pipes 25 years later, but it still sounds good.

Has a DP feel, then I saw Mistreated. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Sea - Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea - Blood   Red Sea - Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Sea - Blood
Page 1 of 1