Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain news

Go down 
+8
Metal Misfit
Lari
A Handful of Wayne
powermacho
Eyesore
DallasBlack
kmorg
Temple of Blood
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I really wish Savatage would just get back.
I think I have to disagree with this. There's now been more Savatage-related albums out after 2001 (when Poets and Madmen came out) than before. And I think nearly all of them are top quality, a lot of them damn close to those classic Savatage albums.

I'm a big fan of JOP, Chris Caffery and even Circle II Circle. Would be a shame to dock all three bands just to see another 'Tage disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:22 pm

And it wouldn't really be 'Tage anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Why not. It could be the Savatage of Magellan and Poets.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Anyway, we don't NEED a Savatage with all these other projects the people involved can get their music out with.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:13 pm

True but the music doesnt hold up as well as the Savatage stuff has. I like all those bands mentioned besided Chris Caffereys solo stuff but they aren't something that I go back to listen to often. My friend is the same way he loves Savatage and tried getting into Circle II Circle and JOP but it just doesnt do it for us. Its missing the magic of the musicians and the stories

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Why not. It could be the Savatage of Magellan and Poets.

In some people's minds that wasn't Savatage either. And i'm in that camp.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Savatage should of been put to bed after Criss passed. If they wouldn't of had contractual obligations, I believe Jon would of done just that.

I like the albums after "Edge of Thorns" but the chemistry between the brothers wa no longer present.

I am gonna get "Festival" as soon as I see it. Been on a supporting local store trip lately, instead of online purchases Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 11840 Glad I never pay too much heed to opinion on a release before buying. Just the fact that it is Jon and he is sharing a part of his brother with us, that is enough.

Pretty much all of the JOP releases have had to grow on me. You hear different things with each listen. Alot of times, I might be in speed mode and the variety of what Jon brings to the table clashes with the way my brain is wired at that moment Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 685534 Not everyone appreciates the man's talent.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 pm

I didn't like this album the first couple of spins but it really grew on me. Now i like it, and it may be a fvorite of their's for me.

Quote :
Savatage should of been put to bed after Criss passed.

I agree, except handful Of Rain was fine. after that, they should've called it something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Matt posts at metal sludge and he claims before every JOP release they wonder if they should call the band Savatage instead of JOP. Please God, no.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Been listening to this album the past few days and I like it and dislike it at the same time. His vocals are great, some of the riffs are great, but as a whole it just doesn't move me.

I liked a few albums in the latter years, but nothing will live up to Hall of the Mountain King.

Anyone read the interview with Jon Oliva stating Savatage is no more and thats the reason of JOP and TSO?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain news
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3