Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain news

Go down 
+8
Metal Misfit
Lari
A Handful of Wayne
powermacho
Eyesore
DallasBlack
kmorg
Temple of Blood
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Jon Oliva's Pain news Empty
PostSubject: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Upcoming live DVD
Wednesday, December 2 2009

Jon Oliva's Pain (from Savatage mastermind) has confirmed Friday March 19, 2010 as the filming date for thier upcoming live DVD at the 013 in Tilburg Holland. Tickets are now on sale through the 013 website and box-office. The rest of the spring dates to be confirmed soon.

Oliva:" This DVD is going to kick ass, and something that I have been looking forward to for many, many years. With the release of our new album in February and the vast back-catalog of Savatage material, we will have plenty of material to fill a 2 + hr show...The band is great form and my voice is so ready for this. Were going to capture a great show with all the pyro, bells and whistles we can put on stage...and of course we will need all of you there to make it an over the top success. AFM will release the DVD during our summer festival tour beginning with our return to the infamous Graspop Festival in
Belgium. Crank up the new Cd and we will see you on tour !!!

Jon Oliva's Pain is finalizing the mix for their 4th Studio release titled "FESTIVAL" to be released by AFM records worldwide on February 19th, 2010. For more
info visit www.jonoliva.net.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Great news, always room for more from the Mountain King
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Locky wrote:
Great news, always room for more from the Mountain King

I don't know about that. The Mountain King is getting a bit large and in charge if ya catch my meaning.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:29 pm

My son, thanks to me and TSO, has discovered the joys of Savatage recently...was cranking Hall Of The Mountain King today...

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Jon Oliva's Pain news 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:59 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Jon Oliva's Pain news 11840

That's what I'm sayin'! I'm looking for a Hall Of The Mountain King shirt for him for Christmas (that I can also steal from him on occasion)... Jon Oliva's Pain news 11840
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am

2010 will be a great year for metal. I only need to buy the new JOP album for it to be true! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
2010 will be a great year for metal. I only need to buy the new JOP album for it to be true! Very Happy

Waiting for that release too. Also since I will miss out on seeing CIIC this weekend I would love to see JOP come here next year.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:52 pm

You guys heard the Machines Of Grace album? It's a little underwhelming. The Wicked Witch tunes, from what I remember, were much catchier. Not sure what happened in the translation. It's been a long time since I heard the Wicked Witch tracks, though. Anyone have them?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:48 pm

A shirt? Where? Sign me in. Savatage is one of my rave bands, and I have a huge catog from sava related music. So an new olivas album will be a nice adition
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
You guys heard the Machines Of Grace album? It's a little underwhelming. The Wicked Witch tunes, from what I remember, were much catchier. Not sure what happened in the translation. It's been a long time since I heard the Wicked Witch tracks, though. Anyone have them?

Ive remember that too. A while back they had a myspace page but I guess its been taken down because I cant find anything about it on the internet anywhere. I do have the Machines Of Grace cd. Like a lot of Zak Stevens projects after Savatage its just ok. Nothing thats mind blowing. Which is a shame cause hes an awesome singer. I played with Machines of Grace a few months ago. The songs were pretty cool live, but I think that they just tried too hard to modernize the older Wicked Witch songs when they really should have just left them alone the way they were. If you come across those Wicked Witch songs anywhere let me know.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:

Ive remember that too. A while back they had a myspace page but I guess its been taken down because I cant find anything about it on the internet anywhere. I do have the Machines Of Grace cd. Like a lot of Zak Stevens projects after Savatage its just ok. Nothing thats mind blowing. Which is a shame cause hes an awesome singer. I played with Machines of Grace a few months ago. The songs were pretty cool live, but I think that they just tried too hard to modernize the older Wicked Witch songs when they really should have just left them alone the way they were. If you come across those Wicked Witch songs anywhere let me know.

Yeah, I was really psyched when they announced that Wicked Wytch were back! I was hoping for a reissue of the old demos. I've never heard them. In a totally bad move, I decided to wait to buy the MoG stuff, and now I can't find it!

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:40 pm

When I saw Jon in concert in May, he was unbelievable. The whole band was. great guys too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:44 pm

New tune!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Now, THAT was one AWESOME metal tune!

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

The song sounds very promising indeed. I'm a big fan of JOP - one of the reasons I'm slightly worried about the prospect of a new Savatage album. It might distract all these awesome side projects! And when I can have several great metal albums that I like, as opposed to just ONE, that one Savatage record better be worth it. And I hope it doesn't compromise JOP in any way, ie. saving their best songs for Savatage instead doing the best they can.

I was even hoping to hear more JOP songs when I saw them live, but the set was very heavy on old Savatage tunes.

Eyesore wrote:
Mine is still in the mail. I'm expecting it any day now.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:38 pm

New song sounds great. The first JOP album was okay, didn't bother with the other two, but I'll be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm

THAT NEW SONG IS AWESOME. Once again, I can't wait for the next new JOP album Jon Oliva's Pain news 778825
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Killer song, can't wait for a new album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

http://www.myspace.com/jonoliva

Another new clip. Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:28 am

Here is the artwork:

Jon Oliva's Pain news 22167_320213625086_298764005086_4560052_6705001_n

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:32 am

I like the artwork but I dont like the way "Festival" is written right underneath the band name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Doesn't bother me too much, I like the artwork also.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 pm

I think the artwork is lame. Haha. It's like the artist just learned some tricks in Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain news   Jon Oliva's Pain news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain news
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next