Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Oliva's Pain News!

Go down 
+3
kmorg
Smindas
mc666
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Jon Oliva's Pain News! Empty
PostSubject: Killer Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 8:39 pm

Sounds awesome! I can't wait for this. 🤘

Quote :
Now that the spring touring is finally in the can, we thought it was time to update you with some detailed info on JOP #3...coming soon to a store near you! Actually it will be January/February 2008, but that's not really that far off. For JOP, the record has to be delivered by late October so we don't really have much time to dick around before we begin the high-energy, comedy filled recording sessions we all live for... (Frode, leave your evil twin in Norway...hehehe).

Now before we get into the actual record, we'll fill you in on some of our plans for this CD. AFM has picked up the option for the next release. In other words, we must have sold enough records to put some cash in AFM's pockets so they'll try another one with us and see if we can raise the roof even higher this time. We are thrilled to be working with them once again. They believed in the band, and the music and they did their jobs. It is a win-win for everyone including the fans.

So in light of that development, Oliva wanted to raise the bar with the packaging of the new disc. We have no say over the number of different releases or decisions that the label has the rights to. What we can do is try to bring something fresh and give you the fans every reason possible to go out and buy JOP's music. We have decided on a multi-media presentation that should blow everyones minds. Sorry, we can't give you the sorted details just yet, but if memory serves us right we can only think of one other band that has ever done what we are going to do for all of you. We will say this....there will be plenty of studio footage available for your viewing pleasure as well. It is our sincere intentions to bring as much of the recording experience to you as possible. Anyone who has had the chance to witness one of our sessions knows exactly what we are talking about....it's simply priceless and we could easily make a hit reality TV show out of it!.....It's that funny!

Now the Cd: We have settled on a sort of "theme" and are awaiting the official ok from AFM. It's not a concept record (yikes!) but each song will tell a story that binds it all together. It's going to be a very dark presentation! Oliva is not a happy man, and he is going to write all about it. Expect some of the darkest lyrics he has ever written, but the messages are important and real! Experimenting musically a bit more on this record seems logical for us. We all have a great many idea's to add to Oliva's already brilliant songwriting, and we are purposely going to look at anything and everything we can to make these songs as interesting as possible. Oliva's music will always sound like Oliva....so no matter what crazy idea or sound we come up with, the end result will never be sacrificed.

We are working on a 10 minute opening opus that will clearly set the tone for the rest of the CD. Currently we have 15 working titles, more Criss Oliva riffs to add and massive amounts of arrangments left to do. But the framework is there, and tonight Oliva, Kevin and I will begin the daunting task of sifting through everything we have so far...chopping, dicing, and mixing whatever is necessary to achieve another 60 minutes of magic.....as best we can. You are going to hear some things from Oliva that you probably never heard before. But that is the genius of his writing skills....he is finding new ways
to incorporate different elements but always managing to preserve his unique style.

Matt and Zahner will probably begin working with us again later this week. Pre-production at Audio should officially commence in the next month or so and once we have the final arrangements and basic recordings, Kevin and I will begin preparing to cut our tracks sometime in July or early August. JOP dealt with alot of unnecessary turmoil and anxiety during the first few weeks of the recording of MR. We will never put ourselves in that position again. Rothney and I want ample time to come up with the best performances we can.....because we know it's not going to be easy matching or beating Maniacal Renderings.....but we sure are going to try!

Get back to you all asap!....And thank's once again for believing in this band....JOP! As some of you have pationately stated, it is ALL about the music and nothing else. And if the rest of you cannot understand and accept that...then too f*cking bad for you....'cause your the one's missing out!

Cheers and beers,
Christopher Kinder

Last edited by on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 10:40 pm

never disappointed with Olivia yet.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 12:51 am

mc666 wrote:
never disappointed with Olivia yet.
Newton John? surprised
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:54 am

well, that whole Travolta movie disenchanted me. but other than that...

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:21 am

Read this on Blabbermouth. Needless to say, I'm excited. Oliva really knows how to make great music.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Quote :
(Frode, leave your evil twin in Norway...hehehe).

Haha, I bet I am the only one here that knows what he is talking about!!!!

I can't wait for more Oliva!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:23 pm

kmorg wrote:
Quote :

Probably. What's it mean? Bring the funny!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:08 pm

A new update:

Quote :
JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer Christopher Kinder has issued the following update:

"Fifteen songs have been completed [for the new JON OLIVA'S PAIN album] and are now in their rehearsal format for Kevin [Rothney; bass] and I to begin our final preparations before hitting Audio Lab [studios] in September. He and I will take a week apart to solidify our own ideas before spending a few final days exchanging ideas and nailing the rhythm section to the floor!

"Kevin and I have been writing, recording and performing together for more than 13 years. We know how to get it done in the least possible time, but unlike the last record (without all the stupid band turmoil), we will be very well prepared and the bulk of our ideas written in stone. Of course, anything can and will happen once we hit the studio and you can expect a good 20% of our ideas to be spontaneous. We always raise a few eyebrows at each other after some tracks are finished. 'Hey, where the f*ck did you come up with that?' 'I don't know, it was actually a mistake... cool!'

"[Jon] Oliva and company have spent tireless hours recording, arranging, re-arranging, and more re-arranging. At some point you just have to say 'enough' and feel confident that the building blocks are firmly in place… and boy, are they in place! There is so much diversity and texture going into these songs. Some of the material will surprise your senses and some will just make you smile knowing that Oliva's trademark stamp is still alive and well. There are some very heavy songs, and some bombastic epics... just what you would expect from an Oliva/JON OLIVA'S PAIN record.

"Now that we have arrived at the start of [JON OLIVA'S PAIN album No. 3], and the machine is now four years old... it runs like clockwork! This recording is going to the most fun and challenging yet!

"The title of the CD and artwork concept are complete. AFM [Records] has approved all of our ideas with great enthusiasm.

"The schedule of events for the next 4-6 weeks will be rehearsal, drum and bass tracks recorded, and then back to rehearsal for the Bourbon Street show, Oliva's solo gig at the ProgPower USA festival in Atlanta, and our headling appearance at ProgPower Europe on Sunday, October 7. From there it is all JON OLIVA'S PAIN album No. 3 until we turn in the final master to AFM by the end of November. Tentative release date is set for February 28th in Europe. A U.S. date has yet to be determined.

"Hope you are pumped up for the next installment of JON OLIVA'S PAIN! We are pulling out all the stops on this one and we certainly have some crazy ideas in mind. We are going to wake up your senses, your ears and make you think!"

Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Quote :

Probably. What's it mean? Bring the funny!

I can't explain it, but I know who Frode is. I've met Jon myself because of Frode.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:17 pm

kmorg wrote:

I can't explain it, but I know who Frode is. I've met Jon myself because of Frode.

You know this "Frode" guy? Does that make you the "evil twin" they're talking about??
lol!
Anyway... killer news, Jon Oliva never disappoints. I was just listening to TAGE MAHAL yesterday for the first time in awhile and was lovin' it...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

You know this "Frode" guy? Does that make you the "evil twin" they're talking about??
lol!

I wish I was..... Sad

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:02 am

Quote :
Guitarist Ralph Santolla (OBITUARY, ex-DEICIDE, DEATH, ICED EARTH) has recorded a guest appearance on the new JON OLIVA'S PAIN album, "Global Warning", playing lead on two songs: "Adding the Cost" and "You'll Never Know".

Comments JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist Matt LaPorte: "I am so psyched to have my buddy Ralph knock it outta the park on the new record. He might be the greatest lead guitarist in metal today — at least I think so." LaPorte adds that the new JON OLIVA'S PAIN record is more early-era SAVATAGE-like than even last year's "Maniacal Renderings". "A few of the riffs are taken from lost or never-released SAVA tunes," he says. "It's like stepping back in time, according to the big man, and it's quite an honor for me, as always, to play a part in fulfilling the destiny of these pieces of music."

With the new album's final tracking and mixing/mastering being finished up at Tampa's famed Morrissound studios in the next few weeks, the band plans on a spring 2008 European tour, some U.S. dates (including a co-headlining spot at ProgPower USA festival in Atlanta), as well as the European festival circuit in summer 2008.

In other news, Jon Oliva has issued the following statement regarding the current status of SAVATAGE:

"It has become necessary for me to set the record straight about any possible future SAVATAGE concert performances.

"After careful consideration by me, management and members of the band, I would like to make an official statement about the state of SAVATAGE.

"The TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA is growing at an amazing rate. Our second non-Christmas record ('Nightcastle') will be released [next] year. Following that, TSO will immediately begin recording its next Christmas record while also planning for year-round touring and possible overseas performances.

"As a further result of the ever-growing popularity and demand for the TSO brand, SAVATAGE is not planning to do any future concert appearances. TSO has become a year-round responsibility for all of us and the future looks to be increasingly more demanding. Therefore, it is not possible for us to shut down this massive operation in order to perform SAVATAGE shows.

"We hope this puts to rest any speculation that SAVATAGE will be returning to the stage.

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN requires the balance of my time and energy and I am happy to be recording and touring with such a great band and the continued release of my music. Our third CD, 'Global Warning', will be released in Europe via AFM Records in mid-April 2008.

"JON OLIVA'S PAIN is the closest thing to SAVATAGE that you're going to get!"

"Thank you and we look forward to bringing the 'PAIN' to you for many years to come.
Great news! I'm sad that Savatage can't make these guys a dime, but I'm really happy that TSO has become so big for them. They deserve it. And as long as we've got JOP, I'm cool with that. They're basically the Oliva-era of Savatage, and Circle II Circle might as well be the Stevens-era.

I can't wait for the new TSO and JOP! More killer releases for 2008! Circle II Circle have one coming out, too. Schweeeeet!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

Can't get enough of the Madman!!! headbanger

With Criss riffs to be heard, and Jon's signature scream this promises to be one hell of an album.

I am also antisipating the new TSO and Circle II Circle albums (in less than a year of having it, Burden Of Truth is now one of my favorite albums of all time and if they top it then it will be like heaven on earth). I predict that these three releases will be in my top 5 next year, if not, then it will be a sign of the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:50 pm

Quote :
TSO has become a year-round responsibility for all of us and the future looks to be increasingly more demanding. Therefore, it is not possible for us to shut down this massive operation in order to perform SAVATAGE shows.

"We hope this puts to rest any speculation that SAVATAGE will be returning to the stage.

I can't understand this really, because they all have (touring) side projects on the go. If Oliva, Caffrey and Stevens weren't doing solo stuff (all of which are good, but essentially watered down versions of Savatage), there'd be time for the main band.

As far as I can make out, it's all down to Paul O'Neill. He can't be arsed and the rest won't do Savatage without him. Which is a shame, because the stuff they did before he became their producer was more interesting anyway

Looking forward to the new JOP CD though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:55 pm

Can't wait for this.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Locky wrote:
Quote :
TSO has become a year-round responsibility for all of us and the future looks to be increasingly more demanding. Therefore, it is not possible for us to shut down this massive operation in order to perform SAVATAGE shows.

I can't understand this really, because they all have (touring) side projects on the go. If Oliva, Caffrey and Stevens weren't doing solo stuff (all of which are good, but essentially watered down versions of Savatage), there'd be time for the main band.

As far as I can make out, it's all down to Paul O'Neill. He can't be arsed and the rest won't do Savatage without him. Which is a shame, because the stuff they did before he became their producer was more interesting anyway

Jon will never admit this, but I am willing to bet my future grave that Paul owns the Savatage name.....

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:41 pm

kmorg wrote:
Locky wrote:
Quote :

Jon will never admit this, but I am willing to bet my future grave that Paul owns the Savatage name.....
You think? That actually makes sense, but how the hell could that have happened? You think Jon sold it to him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:48 pm

I would have went to see them 3 months ago, but i was in Alaska.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Did you go clubbin'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 5:00 pm

No, I went money makin'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Did you go clubbin'?

Laughing very hard I know what you were thinking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Locky wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Did you go clubbin'?

Laughing very hard I know what you were thinking
I have an old comic idea jotted down on a sticky about this. It shows a couple seals dancing under lights and a mirror ball. The caption was Clubbin' seals.

Crude, but I thought it was funny. Haha.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Locky wrote:
Quote :

You think? That actually makes sense, but how the hell could that have happened? You think Jon sold it to him?

Since he claims they never made any money, but never even tried to change producers all these years, I'd say yes. Even Metallica is tryin' new blood now Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:09 am

kmorg makes a very good point. I can completely see that happening. Well, no matter, JOP provides me with a Savatage fix. Their two albums have been enjoyable than a handful of the later Savatage stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:33 am

Smindas wrote:
kmorg makes a very good point. I can completely see that happening. Well, no matter, JOP provides me with a Savatage fix. Their two albums have been enjoyable than a handful of the later Savatage stuff.

Yep. The last one is incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Oliva's Pain News!   Jon Oliva's Pain News! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Oliva's Pain News!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next