Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
krokus
fingers
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
kmorg
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Smindas
TheGooch
mc666
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
Required Fields
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:49 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
My dad (who likes blues and classic rock) says all metal sounds the same

Well, tell your Dad that whenever I play classic rock or blues-rock(underground stuff, not radio regurgitation) for my metal friends, thay say that the classic rock all sounds the same.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 12:50 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
thrashmetalhead wrote:
My dad (who likes blues and classic rock) says all metal sounds the same

Well, tell your Dad that whenever I play classic rock or blues-rock(underground stuff, not radio regurgitation) for my metal friends, thay say that the classic rock all sounds the same.
well then they are all deaf... Laughing very hard

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:48 am

the indie, chav and emo kids always sput lots of crap about metal such as

1. it all sounds the same
2. it is all a load of screaming
3. linkin park are the best metal band ever
4. iron maiden suck
5. st.anger is rubbish
6. where are the beats and rythms an stuff
7. where are the melodies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 am

Another one was one time I was at my friends house(who listens to rap) and I just got Ozzy Osbourne Live in Budokan cd and I played it from his computer. As I was listening to Bark at the Moon when he said "Why do you listen to that punk rock smurf poo."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 am

smurf poo
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 5:10 am

lol!
i can just imagine ozzy doing a cover of god save the queen by the sex pistols lol

ozzy punk rock aha ha
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:24 am

I was driving my friends home from a party where we had been listening to the usual dance and top 40 songs, and Pretty Boy Floyd's song "Rock N' Roll is gonna set the night on fire" came on and one of my friends in the back seat said what is this wrist slitting emo bulls*it, i couldn't believe it the song is the complete opposite its like a kiss song check the video to see what i mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d257dC1uCw&mode=related&search=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:39 am

I was listening to "Disposable Heroes" by Metallica at my girlfriend's campgrounds on the radio and my girlfriend's little sister came up to me and said, "I know why they scream about dying... it's because their not smart enough to write anything else and not good enough at singing."

I told her, "Listen to Nevermore for 24 hours straight and then we will talk."
I think it is hilarious that people just assume NO ONE in metal can sing. A lot of singers in metal are quite talented. And that all the lyrics are about death. Warrel Dane writes poetry inspired lyrics for god sakes! POETRY! I'd like to see any of the country smurf poo(sick ) she listens to match up to any of the emotion or technical skill in a Nevermore song.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 am

TheGooch wrote:

4. iron maiden suck
5. st.anger is rubbish

They are actually right on point number five. St. Anger is beyond rubbish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:23 am

TheGooch wrote:

4. iron maiden suck
5. st.anger is rubbish

Funny how the emo kids would say its all a bunch of screaming:scratch:
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 11:21 am

now you mention it that seems quite funny:lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:51 pm

TheGooch wrote:

4. iron maiden suck
5. st.anger is rubbish

bwahahaha.. someone who thinks screaming is bad and thinks iron maiden sucks is kind of retarded, considering how talented of a vocalist bruce is... linkin park isn't even hard rock, let alone metal... and, i'll do the math for all those stupid indie/chav/emo kids....
Iron Maiden > Every emo band in existence
number 5... well, i can't DISAGREE, thats for sure.
6 and 7... i'm wondering the same thing for their music! scratch also, i HATE it when people say all metal sounds the same! Play Manowar and compare it to Morbid Angel. then come tell me it all sounds the same. so there you go, i ripped on everything they said. metal for life! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 11:34 am

🤘 oh yes for sure. just listening to the might priest. now that is a metal band
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:47 pm

One that made me giggle was in a special on Black Sabbath that I saw on VH1 a few years back. (about the first time Sabbath reunited to do OzzFest, which was what, '99 or 2000?) During this documentary they showed a group of religious protestors outside of an OzzFest venue (don't remember where, but I'm thinking it had to be down South somewhere), waving signs about how Ozzy was the devil, Black Sabbath equals Satan, yadda yadda yadda. In an attempt to defuse the situation, the local radio station in the area set up a "debate" on their morning show between Sharon Osbourne and the clergyman who was leading the protestors, who was a total "hellfire and brimstone" kinda guy. This dude never let Sharon get a word in cuz all he did was shout at her about how she and her entire organization had no business being in their God-Fearing community and that he had first hand information about Sabbath's "experiences with Astral Projection" and that they were "practicing cannibalistic rituals" too. Ooooo-kay. It was the one and only time I ever found myself pitying Sharon Osbourne. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 6:06 pm

"Thrash is dead" by ex-bandmate

"Linkin Park is the best metal band out there" by wigger at a label I was sessioning for

"There's no real guitarplaying in that death metal thrash bullshit" same wigger kid at label

"There's not talent in that music(Real Metal)" again, same wigger kid
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 9:18 pm

M-Bulldozer wrote:

"Linkin Park is the best metal band out there" by wigger at a label I was sessioning for

"There's no real guitarplaying in that death metal thrash bullshit" same wigger kid at label

So why are hanging out with this "wigger" kid? Sounds like a tool to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:32 am

if "wigger" means "white nigger", then do the people who use this ridiculous term also refer to black people as niggers? i'll bet they do. very sad.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:51 am

mc666 wrote:
if "wigger" means "white nigger", then do the people who use this ridiculous term also refer to black people as niggers? i'll bet they do. very sad.

I disagree. I think most people, usually those who listen to metal, use the word "wigger" out of hate for white kids who are into rap/hip-hop pretending to be someone they are not. Yes, "wigger" does sound stupid, but I don't think it's as offensive as using the "N" word.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:06 am

well if a wigger is a white nigger, then what is a wigger who is not white? the terminology comes from somewhere for some reason. i know of no one who uses the term wigger.. at least not in my presence. because they know what it means.

don't pass this bs onto the metal community. liking different forms of music has nothing to do with skin color.

pricekillers001
Metal novice
Metal novice
pricekillers001

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:14 am

as like that somebody say HEAVY METAL IS JUST EVIL,
even some metallers used to say DEATH/BLACK METAL IS JUST EVIL.

it is a totally non-sense that they don't try to understand such extreme music as though they also wanted their parents/friends to understand they listen heavy metal.

i have some friends who listen heavy metal but are saying Death/Black metal is just noisy and all songs are totally same. they say as like my parents.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 1:17 am

pricekillers001 wrote:

even some metallers used to say DEATH/BLACK METAL IS JUST EVIL.
i've heard the same thing, i've always chalked it up to elistism, but yes it is indeed stoopid!

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 4:42 am

GrandNational wrote:
M-Bulldozer wrote:

So why are hanging out with this "wigger" kid? Sounds like a tool to me.

I didn't hang out with this person, they were at the same recording session I was at. Someone who hung out at the recording studio.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:55 am

Ooh, I have a good one.
"Metal is bad."
Stupidest statement ever.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 8:19 am

How about this classic:

"I used to listen to that heavy metal stuff when I was in high school, but I outgrew it."

OUTGREW it?? scratch
The above comment is usually followed by something equally nonsensical, like "now I listen to REAL music, like the Dave Matthews Band" (barf)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
How about this classic:

"I used to listen to that heavy metal stuff when I was in high school, but I outgrew it."

OUTGREW it?? scratch
The above comment is usually followed by something equally nonsensical, like "now I listen to REAL music, like the Dave Matthews Band" (barf)

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next