Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal

Go down 
+15
MetalGuy71
krokus
fingers
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
zombiewalkin
kmorg
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Smindas
TheGooch
mc666
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
Required Fields
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:48 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

WASP - We Are Sexual Perverts

This one's actually true. Blackie came up with that one himself during the "F**k Like A Beast" days. Though I doubt he brings it up much nowadays since he's matured (somewhat) over the years.

He has also stated that it stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestants, sort of like the majority of the people in the US.

Yup, I've heard him say that too. But to me it's always stood for "We Are Sexual Perverts." I believe Blackie even yells that to the crowd somewhere on the LIVE...IN THE RAW album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

WASP - We Are Sexual Perverts

This one's actually true. Blackie came up with that one himself during the "F**k Like A Beast" days. Though I doubt he brings it up much nowadays since he's matured (somewhat) over the years.

He has also stated that it stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestants, sort of like the majority of the people in the US.

Yup, I've heard him say that too. But to me it's always stood for "We Are Sexual Perverts." I believe Blackie even yells that to the crowd somewhere on the LIVE...IN THE RAW album.

Wasn't this also "carved" into the first LP? I think I've read that this is etched near the inner circle label on the original vinyl versions.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 pm

kmorg wrote:

Wasn't this also "carved" into the first LP? I think I've read that this is etched near the inner circle label on the original vinyl versions.

I've never heard that before... but I have the first LP on vinyl @ home, now you've got me curious, I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight!
lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 pm

I believe it was pressed into the initial pressing of the first W.A.S.P. album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:20 pm

Here is another cool story from a former WASP member:

Quote :
Rik Fox: I was in the New Jersey version of SIN years before I ever heard of BLACKIE LAWLESS. I believe he was still in his band from Staten Island called "BLACK RABBIT". I joined his 'project' SISTER in early 1982, after I was advised to come out to L.A. and consider his 'project'. I joined WASP first, here's the "Early Days Backstory of my participation in WASP as best as I can recallat the moment: W.A.S.P. was born as a band in 1982 when they were formerly known under the name SISTER (even earlier, they were known as CIRCUS, CIRCUS, until the Las Vegas Hotel contacted them and forced them to stop using the name). Blackie Lawless had also played with N.Y. DOLLS and filled in for heroin-soaked guitarist Johnny Thunders for only the last two weeks of their "Red Patent Leather Tour" which was how Blackie met Arthur "Killer" Kane, and allowed his 'claim' to have 'played in the N.Y. DOLLS'. While visiting the East Coast, a couple of fans of BLACKIE's earlier bands, met bassist RIK FOX (me) by accident in N.Y. City's West Village where I was working, a few doors down from the famous ELECTRIC LADYLAND STUDIOS. Having found out that I was a personal friend of KISS since their early days formation they took a photo of FOX (me) and showed it to BLACKIE. After several calls from Blackie, I sent him a press kit, who in turn sent me some demo material. When I was convinced to come to L.A. the band had just changed their name from CIRCUS, CIRCUS, to SISTER. This was in late February/early March of 1982. After one audition I was a member of the new line-up and began rehearsing and writing with the band at guitarist RANDY PIPER's 'MAGNUM OPUS' rehearsal studio where pre-DOKKEN band mates, MICK BROWN and GEORGE LYNCH's band EXCITER also rehearsed.

Within 2 months, I recorded a now-famous bootleg 3-track, live demo and actually coined the band's new name: WASP (no periods), after stepping on one, outside of LAWLESS's Hollywood home. LAWLESS liked the name, and it stuck.

Photo sessions were made with early M�tley Cr�e photographer DON ADKINS Jr., and it appeared that soon WASP would be playing live. Upon seeing the first press photo of Mel Gibson, in the then, newly-released film "THE ROAD WARRIOR", I conceptualized, to Blackie, a new look for WASP, which,until then, no one had yet thought of, and, which, at first, LAWLESS, disdained, then eventually used, for their subsequent performances after I was let go from the band. Although there were many witnesses who saw me rehearse, and write with, and invent the band-name W.A.S.P., to this day, BLACKIE LAWLESS angrily denies I ever had anything to do with the band, which would, of course, undermine everything we formerly knew about the bands' early days. If there "was no WASP for me to be in" as BLACKIE contends, then how do you explain my bass tracks on the WASP demo, and me being in all the pictures of that early WASP photo session? Upon my position as bassist in L.A.'s popular Metal act STEELER, BLACKIE began to recant his allegations, as my prominence grew in the Hollywood Metal community, thinking he'd have to do 'something' to recover a 'plausabile deniability'. Later BLACKIE reverted back to his original denial of me ever being in W.A.S.P. I'll explain the name: "After stepping on a Hornet, under a fallen leaf in LAWLESS's 1247-1/2, Fountain Avenue, Hollywood home-courtyard, the name WASP came to me, initally appearing to me, as the old "GREEN HORNET" logo, coiled, about to attack, stinger first". BLACKIE loved the idea, and *that's* how the name WASP was born. If I can ever find that piece of original artwork in my files, it will see the light of day.

In retrospect, I now claim, that since *so many* members have passed thru the ranks of W.A.S.P., humorously, (and, realistically), it actually now comes to stand for: W.(e're) A.(ll) S.(ide) P.(layers), especially, since Blackie was holding all the cards from the start, telling me early on: "If you ever have to lie about something, lie "BIG". The bigger the lie, the more fantastic it has to be, making it more believable." LAWLWESS followed his own advice after dismissing me for *purely* personal reasons, and not anything to do with not getting along with RANDY PIPER, (another BLACKIE lie),whom I temporarily performed some years later with, in PIPER's band "KING's HORSES". No matter what claim is made by LAWLESS, I, RIK FOX *TRUELY WAS* a member of the original W.A.S.P. BLACKIE LAWLESS has had a bad habit of dismissing his reasons for removing band members by accusing them of having 'drug problems'. Yeah, considering all the good-quality players he's had the 'honor' of sharing his name with, in W.A.S.P. BLACKIE shouldn't cast stones so easily, since I've personally seen him down whole bottles of Vodka back in the day...So, who's the person with the 'problems'?...

This was my 'introduction' to the Hollywood's Metal scene. Eventually, as I learned how 'the game was played', I pushed on, making my own name later in the mid-1980's.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:39 pm

kmorg, thanks. That was cool to read.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 3:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
kmorg, thanks. That was cool to read.

Glad you liked it. You want more? Check this out: http://www.fullinbloommusic.com/rik_fox_part_3.html
http://www.fullinbloommusic.com/rikfox.html

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Wow! Cool read as well. Thanks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 pm

Smindas wrote:
Wow kmorg, that guy seems like a complete douche. Anyone who can't get their opinion across without referring to so many bands as 'poseur' (great spelling Razz) shouldn't be offering their words of wisdom. Also, Judas Priest not metal? I.. what. Not to mention how incredibly biased and generally narrow-minded the rest of that comment is. What a tool.

Oh no! I used the word "poseur" in my reply too Embarassed Does this mean that I'm a Douche and a Tool? Wait, don't answer that! Sad
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Hahaha, of course not. I just think the way that guy kmorg posted constructed his entire 'argument' was immature and idiotic.

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 7:16 pm

Rik Fox loves the comma!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:13 pm

I just thought of another one that used to bug me: when people in high school used to call metal "Kill your mother music." As in "why do you listen to that kill your mother music?"

To the best of my knowledge, the only "kill your mother" song in my collection is "Momma's Gotta Die Tonight" by Body Count, and that album came out way after I was outta high school. Smile
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:45 pm

"Faith No More were the first nu metal band" ye right yes they had a major influence on nu metal bands but they didn't have that ridiculous why bother? attitude on guitar solos and this stupid attitude thinking you get heavy if you drop your guitar down like 5 semitones. Yes they were a little different from the average since they added new elements like Mike Patton had that Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) vocal style and Jim Martin had a unique guitar sound

"CC Deville is better than Kirk Hammet" ye right like Kirk Hammet is overrated but he aint crap and can smurf poo on CC Deville anyday.

"drummer Paul Bostaph is better than Dave Lombardo" bullshit!!!! Dave Lombardo is one of the best drummers in metal along with the drummer from Celtic Frost, Neil Peart, drummer from Soundgarden, Scot Travis and Tommy Lee

"Aerosmith's first song was Walk this way with Run DMC"

My exflatmate who is a geeky alternative fan said "Fred Durst is an excellent songwriter" bullshit!! Everyone knows hes the Vanilla Ice of Metal who even was influenced by Vanilla Ice LOL......

My exflatmate's mate said "The Burning Red (Machine Head) is better than Burn My Eyes" I asked him why and he said "Burn My Eyes is too old school textbook metal" Rob Flynn actually hates that album
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:50 pm

fingers wrote:
"CC Deville is better than Kirk Hammet" ye right like Kirk Hammet is overrated but he aint crap and can smurf poo on CC Deville anyday.
Why can't I use the word smurf poo? or the s word if that s word gets turned in to smurf poo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 9:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just thought of another one that used to bug me: when people in high school used to call metal "Kill your mother music." As in "why do you listen to that kill your mother music?"

To the best of my knowledge, the only "kill your mother" song in my collection is "Momma's Gotta Die Tonight" by Body Count, and that album came out way after I was outta high school. Smile
Yeah, I already mentioned this one. Haha. It's so retarded. It's like, "Um...dude...this is Cinderella!" Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am

In my second year of highschool I met a guy named Chris. He was into metal and actually approached me at a football game because of my Iron Maiden shirt. We would end up being good friends and bandmates for the remainder of our highschool years. I remember getting into an argument that Tommy Lee was better than Nicko McBrain on drums! I was a huge Crue fan at the time and he was a huge Maiden fan. So all day we went back and forth.....then I went home and listened to Shout At The Devil and Powerslave......the next day I apologized to him and admitted my defeat......Nicko was/is a baddass!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 11:08 am

I am lucky because i dont have friends that are not into metal. I dont have to listen to some of the stupid things you guys have told in your posts. I would get crazy listening to some of the bullshit from friends or people that i know but thank god that i only have contacts with die hard metalheads that know what they talk about, no bullshit talk.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:00 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
In my second year of highschool I met a guy named Chris. He was into metal and actually approached me at a football game because of my Iron Maiden shirt. We would end up being good friends and bandmates for the remainder of our highschool years. I remember getting into an argument that Tommy Lee was better than Nicko McBrain on drums! I was a huge Crue fan at the time and he was a huge Maiden fan. So all day we went back and forth.....then I went home and listened to Shout At The Devil and Powerslave......the next day I apologized to him and admitted my defeat......Nicko was/is a baddass!

I had the same argument with a high school friend about who the better bass player was, Cliff Burton or Steve Harris. I still stand by my vote for Cliff Burton (even tho 'Arry was and is still a God on the four string...)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:13 pm

fingers wrote:
fingers wrote:
Why can't I use the word smurf poo? or the s word if that s word gets turned in to smurf poo

We have a cussing filter here. Many of the posters here are Christians, including both the owners here, so we just decided to make this place just a tad "nicer" with better language. Hope it's no biggie. I love it when it says smurf poo Laughing very hard

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:18 pm

It used to bother me that people generalized ALL metal as "blah, blah, blah, kill your mother, blah, blah, blah, hail satan". Now I know they're just ignorant. Although, honestly, I'd be just as guilty if someone asked my opinion of rap. It's all about b*tches, bustin' caps & bling, right? :king:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 2:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It used to bother me that people generalized ALL metal as "blah, blah, blah, kill your mother, blah, blah, blah, hail satan". Now I know they're just ignorant. Although, honestly, I'd be just as guilty if someone asked my opinion of rap. It's all about b*tches, bustin' caps & bling, right? :king:

You forgot pimpin' ho's, makin' mad benjaminz and Cristal, yo!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 3:08 am

"WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Made by....well any retard who sees me enjoying the best music in the world while driving down the street. ESPECIALLY lately (like the past 3 days or so) everytime someone sees me headbanging, they have to stick their head out the window and say "WWWOOOOO!!!!" and flash the rockin horns at me.

I love it whenever people do that and I KNOW, they are listening to rap or hippity hop or something. Oh man, sometimes...ok, pretty much everytime I just bust up laughing at THEM. This mid forties guy did it to me today even...which was funny, I'd never seen a guy that old do that at me, it's usually some teenagers or something. The other day I was listening to Master of Puppets in my car, and these dudes open their windows and stick their heads out and say WOOOO at me. I look in the front seat and they're being driven around by their GRANDMOTHER....I cracked up. Oh man it was hilarious.

They do it to make me think I'm stupid, but they look dumber making fun of me than me actually doing the real thing. Plus....seriously dude, when I see people who are wearing the "homeboy" clothes doing that crap, I laugh at them and pity them at the same time. They make fun of me for listening to music that requires talent but yet they think it's cool to listen to the same "beats" that every other rapper idiot uses in every song.

"Well, not everyone thinks YOUR music is real music" - from my stepsister...who listens to garbage like Justin Timberlake and Nelly and whatnot...RIGHT.

My mom ALWAYS seems to think that there's NO girls out there who like metal that aren't horrible people or something.
"The only ones who like that will dress in black and have peircings all over the place." RIGHT! My last girlfriend (who did NOT wear black and have peircings all over, maybe just in her ears I think) loved Metallica....do I need to say anything more?

I DO hear a lot of "Metal sucks, it's just all of the same stuff over and over again" Whatever people. Some bands might just redo stuff from their past but those bands suck anyway. And it's not just METAL that does that type of thing either. I'm not saying that bands like AC/DC that have a consistent sound over the years sucks! I'm just saying that if a band is good, goes bad, then tries to come back by "remaking" the good from their past...then that kinda sucks.

Yeah it's pummeling, yeah it'll make your hair stand up and throw your head into fits of rage...but it's GREAT! I can smile and laugh when I'm listening to metal, it's not all doom and gloom like some people think.

I just hate it when people imply that if I like metal then I'm automatically an outcast and can't fit in to more "respectible" circles. Well screw those people! I'd rather hang out with metalheads who wear black and all that instead of fitting in to what is cool right now. And nu-metal sucks by the way...just thought I'd let that one out there for ya. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:13 pm

My dad (who likes blues and classic rock) says all metal sounds the same,which I keep telling him is wrong becasue really compare Slayer to Agent Steel nothing alike and I could keep going on with bands that are different. My friends parent's said I was going to start smoking drugs because I listen to Metal. One of my friends says every Metal band is Satanic. Kids call me goth for wearing a Motorhead shirt. Also I get called "Emo" and Satanic all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:16 pm

My dad (who likes blues and classic rock) says all metal sounds the same,which I keep telling him is wrong becasue really compare Slayer to Agent Steel nothing alike and I could keep going on with bands that are different. My friends parent's said I was going to start smoking drugs because I listen to Metal. One of my friends says every Metal band is Satanic. Kids call me goth for wearing a Motorhead shirt. Also I get called "Emo" and Satanic all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal   Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extremely stupid things you've heard people say about metal
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next