Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard

Go down 
+10
Metal Misfit
exact33
Required Fields
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
ultmetal
mc666
Mglaffas81
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Empty
PostSubject: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:17 am

From "www.therockradio.com"
This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Spacer

- The girlfriend of late Pantera and Damageplan
guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott has made several startling
statements in a new interview with Guitar World magazine. According to
excerpts posted at the magazine's web site, Rita Haney lays blame for
Abbott's December 2004 murder by a deranged fan at the feet of former
Pantera vocalist Philip Anselmo, saying, "If Phil Anselmo hadn't quit
Pantera, Darrell wouldn't have been playing in that s***hole where that
guy could get to him."

- What the hell...!?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:19 am

meh, Anselmo is everyones favorite scapegoat. if he hadn't quit Pantera, the US would never have invaded Iraq.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:20 am

Sounds like she is just angry and grasping at straws.

The blame can only be laid on one man, the man that pulled the trigger.

ult

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 am

We all need to get over Dime'd death. I remember that day when i heard the news i felt sick in the stomach knowing that some sick psycho out there decided to take not just a great metal icon but a wonderful person who cared about everyone around him...

There has been a lot of stories out about his death and it seems they are getting worse and worse everytime. We all have mourned this tragedy and we will all remember Dime. Lets look back at the great person he was and the awesome music he made, not how or why he died.

RIP DIME

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 am

He's gone.

Next.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:44 am

mc666 wrote:
meh, Anselmo is everyones favorite scapegoat. if he hadn't quit Pantera, the US would never have invaded Iraq.

yup. i watched the 'behind the music' pantera thing and its ridiculous. they blame everything on him and make him out to be some kind of villian you'd find in a film. fair enuff i don't like him either, but it aint his fault
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 am

I understand that Dime's girlfriend is still grieving, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she's also a doofus.

Blaming Phil Anselmo for what happened to Dime is ludicrous.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:11 am

I just think it is VERY immature and downright dumb to say that if Phil never quit Pantera, Dime would not have died. It's like blaming Osama Bin Laden's parents for terrorism. It's rediculous
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Sounds like she is just angry and grasping at straws.

The blame can only be laid on one man, the man that pulled the trigger.

ult

Unfortunatly, it is easier to blame the living than the dead. Still doesn't excuse her actions though.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:25 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
I just think it is VERY immature and downright dumb to say that if Phil never quit Pantera, Dime would not have died. It's like blaming Osama Bin Laden's parents for terrorism. It's rediculous

I agree 100%, but if she wants to be ignorant, that's her problem.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:59 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:27 pm

mc666 wrote:

I think Obama said that in a speech a few weeks back Smile

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Did You Know?: If Anselmo hadn't quit Pantera, William Hung would have never had his 15 Minutes of Fame.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 am

Sorry guys, it was my fault. I didn't go to the concert.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:02 pm

she looks worse and worse as time moves on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:51 pm

I don't think Phil is to blame, but he was definitely reckless in his comments. Did it cause that dude to kill Dime? Probably not. Did it play into the dude's craziness? Probably.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Did she ever think maybe it was her fault for letting Dime start another band and think it would be better than Pantera was? Shes a moron. The guy died in a very tragic way by some psycho. Does she think Phil had direct contact with this guy and convinced him to go to the show to do what he did? Just another idiot that wants her 15 minutes of fame through someone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Did she ever think maybe it was her fault for letting Dime start another band and think it would be better than Pantera was? Shes a moron. The guy died in a very tragic way by some psycho. Does she think Phil had direct contact with this guy and convinced him to go to the show to do what he did? Just another idiot that wants her 15 minutes of fame through someone else.
She's not the only one that thinks this. A lot of people close to the family blame Phil. Phil did say it was Dime and Vinnie's fault Pantera was no more, and that was the crazy dude's motivation for the killing. He tried to kill Vinnie, too, if you'll remember. Phil also made comments (I forget the exact wording) to the effect of "Dime needs to have violent things done to him."

So is it unbelievable that a grieving family would place blame on Phil? Not really. I disagree with it, of course, but I think it's human nature to want to blame someone, something. And while I don't think Phil's comments and action forced the killer's hand, I do think his comments and actions made it easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Quote :
Phil also made comments (I forget the exact wording) to the effect of "Dime needs to have violent things done to him."

he said Dime "needs a severe beating."
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Yea I know. Its such a stupid thing to think though. People say things all the time in the heat of the moment. Look at dio a couple months back said some crap about vivian campbell while he was signing autographs. So if someone went to a Def Leppard concert and took out vivian it would have been dio's fault? Dio didnt say anything about doing harm to him but still he seemed bitter.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm

No, but someone would probably blame it on Dio at some point.

Very interesting Eyesore, I didnt know much about the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Looking for people to blame doesn't solve anything in a situation like this. There was one person to blame and he is dead.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Looking for people to blame doesn't solve anything in a situation like this. There was one person to blame and he is dead.

Arttie
Too true. I hope someday these two sides can forgive and move on. Maybe even work together again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard   This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is simply the most stupid thing, I have ever heard
Page 1 of 1