Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here

Go down 
+6
onrypt
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
MetalRob331
Runicen
A Handful of Wayne
10 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:09 pm

A friend of mine posted this video on my facebook the other day. Most of the time I don't like what he shows me but this got my attention. I read a little bit about him. He was in Prong for a while and also with Madonna.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Wow... I wasn't expecting a lot from the intro, but that song is PRIME stuff!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Love the guitar tone in this song and......

00000000000 000000000000 000000000000 is pure win!!!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:53 pm

I'll pick this one up. I listened to a couple of tracks a few weeks ago and was very impressed.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm

YESSS!! That verse that goes "Ghost Riders in the sky" totally reminds me of Sabbath  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Yea I listened to those other songs on youtube from this album and his previous one and I instantly went to Amazon and picked up the new one.

His other albums are available on cdbaby. The album before this is kind of the same but I think the newer one is much better and the album or two before that are just all acoustic.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 am

I heard about him from this review...
http://www.roughedge.com/cdreviews/p/montepittman.htm

Sounded like something I'd enjoy, so I checked out a few songs on YouTube. Pretty decent sounding. If I saw his album cheap, I'd probably snag it.

Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 pm

Just bought "Power of Three" on CD/Amazon.com
Looking forward to it!!
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Found this too, kinda cool interview….
Horns up!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4xdMUdA7zU
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I'll pick this one up.  I listened to a couple of tracks a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

I pretty much did the same thing. I had no idea who he was and didn't expect much, but was impressed. I'll grab it someday.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:06 am

Yeah, I've heard of this guy. Remember that live video of Madonna playing bits of Pantera's "A New Level" in concert that everybody lost their sh*t over? This guy was the guitarist in her band at that time and supposedly he taught her to play that riff. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 am

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:26 am

Sounds good.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 am

Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Been spinning this one since it arrived and it's moved up to my favorite release of the year so far.
 Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here 604261 
Nice!
C
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 am

onrypt wrote:
Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Been spinning this one since it arrived and it's moved up to my favorite release of the year so far.
Nice!
C

It's a solid album. My only beef with it is it really slows down and gets kind of boring towards the middle of the album. Some killer riffs throughout!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:42 pm

onrypt wrote:
Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Nice!
C

Haha nice!

I've been listening to it a lot as well since I got it last week. Something I haven't done too often with newer releases.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
onrypt wrote:
Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Nice!
C

It's a solid album.  My only beef with it is it really slows down and gets kind of boring towards the middle of the album.  Some killer riffs throughout!  

I think it slows down towards the end a little. Does the last song need to be 13 minutes? It really could have been cut down but its not a bad song. Its my least favorite off the album but really there isn't a bad song on it.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
onrypt wrote:
Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Nice!
C

It's a solid album.  My only beef with it is it really slows down and gets kind of boring towards the middle of the album.  Some killer riffs throughout!  

I think it slows down towards the end a little. Does the last song need to be 13 minutes? It really could have been cut down but its not a bad song. Its my least favorite off the album but really there isn't a bad song on it.

I guess with me after hearing Dark Horse and Delusions, I was expecting too much. Those songs kicked so much ass, I had too high of expectations. This seems to happen too often!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:41 pm

i like this. going to have to get it now.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
onrypt wrote:
Gotta thank PRD (the OP)
Nice!
C

I guess with me after hearing Dark Horse and Delusions, I was expecting too much.  Those songs kicked so much ass, I had too high of expectations.  This seems to happen too often!

Yea I stopped hyping things up or even getting excited about anything coming out cause I sometimes get let down haha

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:25 pm

exact33 wrote:
i like this. going to have to get it now.

you won't be sorry it is a good album.

Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Keep spinning it gents, the riffs and hooks will soon dig their sharp little claws in and get you hooked.
There is some fluff in the middle, but even the fluff is nice and riffy.
I actually like All's Fair (the 13min track) b/c of the tempo changes. It goes all over the map but keeps coming together….works for me, but as always your results may vary, lol.

Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here 927150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here   Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Heard Monte Pittman? A lot of people should dig this here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: