Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith

Go down 
+25
MetalRob331
Ben Grimm
Schbopo
DeathCult
Gilbert
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
jerseyultifan+
mez
exact33
Fat Freddy
ohwellmonkey
Addy
GrandNational
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
kmorg
QuothTheRaven
Metal Misfit
Sword Of The Heretic
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I hear Tim Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley are in the Top 5 for consideration along with Cherone, Grimmett and John Corabi.

They called Sammy Hager but he was busy with the Chickenfoot thing

Hey, Chickenfoot can actually get out on the road and SELL albums (I still can't believe that went gold). Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:54 am

I hear Vinny Testeverde is looking to have an audition. He figures that he has worked every where else, why not in Aerosmith?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Tyler "never said he was leaving the band" but further explains that the singer "said he wanted two years off to do his other projects

Two years is a long time for men of Aerosmith's advanced age. If Tyler takes off for two years, does his solo thing, then comes back to Aerosmith, they'll all be pushing 70 by that point.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:08 am

While an argument can be made for doing what you love until you are simply unable, or until you die, the argument can also be made that as old and rich as these guys are, they can't see that they're too far along in years to make songs like "Big Ten Inch" not sound just creepy...were I their age, I'd be like "Thank you, good night!" and either stop music altogether or recrod on my own for myself and give it away...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
While an argument can be made for doing what you love until you are simply unable, or until you die, the argument can also be made that as old and rich as these guys are, they can't see that they're too far along in years to make songs like "Big Ten Inch" not sound just creepy...were I their age, I'd be like "Thank you, good night!" and either stop music altogether or recrod on my own for myself and give it away...

are you available for Aerosmith??

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:51 am

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'm busy making socks for chickens...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'm busy making socks for chickens...

LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 am

I think Steven Tyler without Aerosmith will do better than Aerosmith without Steven Tyler. Steve's got a great voice and a great personality. I can see him having a hit or two in the top forty. The casual radio fans will think it's music from the new Aerosmith CD.

But then again... maybe not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 am

Going solo from your band at 62 after a nearly 40 year career with your band is stupid...either stay in the band or break the band up.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am

I don't see what they could do solo that's better than Aerosmith. Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 436688
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am

Quote :
The casual radio fans will think it's music from the new Aerosmith CD.

Nah, I think Steven would try to distance himself from Aerosmith on a solo album. Listen to some of those Mick Jagger solo albums. PEEEE-YEWWWW!

Quote :
I can see him having a hit or two in the top forty.

Maybe if he goes the Rod Stewart route and starts singing big-band classics from the 40's. Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 78889

Either way, I'm against it. Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_mad

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:25 am

Maybe he'll record a duets album with the current hot commodities like... I don't know... who's hot right now... Susan Boyle.
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 am

I love Aerosmith, and think they are one of the best American hard rock bands. But, to be honest, Steven Tyler quitting the band only distresses me in that I won't get to see them perform live again. As far as their recorded output, I think Aerosmith had run out of gas a looong time ago. In my opinion their material took a nosedive after "Pump". Their break up will not take away the brilliance of "Toys in the Attic" or "Rocks". We'll still have those to listen to.

You know, in the past, Aerosmith had been unfairlly accused of being a "poor man's Rolling Stones." I don't think that was a fair comparison, musically. But, in terms of their history, they are beginning to be a bit "Stoney". I felt the last good Rolling Stones album was "Tattoo You."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:40 am

JBall_Z wrote:
Maybe he'll record a duets album with the current hot commodities like... I don't know... who's hot right now... Susan Boyle.

Maybe not Susan Boyle (a joke, I know), but recording a duets album doesn't seem that far-fetched of an idea. Perhaps a hip-hop remake of 'Walk This Way' with Rhiana (sp?), get Jay-Z to produce and *boom" radio gold . Or go the country route and sing a song with Taylor Swift.

No matter what direction this takes, the end result will be Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 810647

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I hear Tim Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley are in the Top 5 for consideration along with Cherone, Grimmett and John Corabi.

Don't knock John Corabi. Just because he's been in several "going nowhere" bands like The Scream and Union (and his short stint in Motley Crue), the guy's got talent and if he had the right setup, could make a go of it. I think he just came into the scene about 3 or 4 years too late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:53 pm

More news:

BOSTON—After years of relative stability, the Aerosmith unemployment rate soared to an all-time high of 20 percent Monday following the downsizing of the band's vocal sector, Steven Tyler.Enlarge Image Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Steven-Tyler-R.article
Tyler, already dangerously underweight, says he will struggle to put food on the table without a steady income.

The announcement of the largest-ever round of Aerosmith layoffs sent shock waves throughout the group, but band leaders said that four decades of perfect employment was "unrealistic" and that it was necessary to shed some of the graying, outmoded workforce.
"Explaining to a longtime Aerosmith employee that his or her job is being eliminated is one of the most difficult challenges we face in this business," Aerosmith manager Trudy Green said in a statement released this morning. "We thank Steven for his many years of loyal service, and wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors."
Analysts speculate that the sector-wide layoff was a result of multiple factors, including redundancies in the singing-songwriting division, rising rehab fees that have cost the group millions, and a 34 percent decline in jump-kicks since 2003. In addition, some of Aerosmith's younger, more ambitious employees, such as Joe Perry, 57, are willing to sing and play an instrument at the same time, often for half the salary.
"Tying a scarf to a microphone stand is unfortunately no longer a marketable skill," IndustryWeek editor David Blanchard said. "To compete in today's job market, you need to diversify your skill set. Someone who can not only sing, but also play tambourine and haul heavy equipment, is infinitely more valuable to a company."Enlarge Image Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Aerosmith-chart.article

Aerosmith, whose unemployment rate has held steady at 0 percent since the start-up rock outfit went public in 1970, recently underwent a paradigm shift away from what many deemed an antiquated business model. In the early 2000s, Aerosmith stopped manufacturing hits and instead began to focus primarily on repackaging and redistributing its existing product. This, Green said, made Tyler dispensable.
Tyler was reportedly informed of the decision 45 minutes before the band was scheduled to go onstage for a performance, and was told to pack up his belongings and turn in his Aerosmith "wings" pin before the audience arrived.
"Thirty-eight years of work, and this is the thanks I get?" said Tyler, who was set to retire in just 18 months. "It's embarrassing. When [guitarist] Ray [Tabano] left back in '71, we all got treated to a nice dinner and some cake on his last day. And he was only in the band for five months."
"The only reason I came on with Aerosmith in the first place was the job security," added Tyler, who said that after nearly 40 years of waking up at 5 p.m. sharp and going to work, he won't know what to do with himself when unemployed. "And I liked being able to come in wearing an unbuttoned leather shirt and a leopard-print cowboy hat. Where else am I going to find a job like that?"
Morale among the remaining Aerosmith employees, Tyler's coworkers said, is low.
"I'm going to miss Steven," said rhythm guitarist Brad Whitford. "He was a good guy, and, I don't know, I thought he sang pretty well."
This cost-cutting personnel change is Aerosmith's most radical shift in economic model since the band's experiments as a drug-trafficking cartel from 1978 to 1984, their brief 1986 merger with Run-DMC, and their short-lived 1994 attempt to switch over to fabricating microchips.
"This restructuring is exactly what Aerosmith needs right now," said Justin Levine, an analyst at Lehman Brothers. "Frankly, they've been in brand decline since that Super Bowl halftime show with Britney Spears."
"Everyone was hurt badly in the big 1998 Armageddon Bubble," said Bill Griffeth, host of CNBC's Power Lunch. "At that point, practically everyone—even members of the younger generation—bought into Aerosmith, but it was clear that they would not be able to sustain that level of global interest. In truth, purchasing any of their material since Get A Grip has involved a substantial level of risk."
Tyler is not the only one in the industry to be affected by the recent recession. In January, Bad Company was outsourced to China, and just last week, Don Henley of the Eagles was replaced by a drum machine. Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Terminator
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Beat ya to that one, Joker... a LONG time ago.

http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/aerosmith-story-in-the-onion-t6170.htm?highlight=aerosmith

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Beat ya to that one, Joker... a LONG time ago.

[url=http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/aerosmith-story-in-the-onion-t6170.htm?highlight=aerosmith
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/aerosmith-story-in-the-onion-t6170.htm?highlight=aerosmith[/quote[/url]]

Totally forgot about that thread!!!! Still a funny story, especially now with all the rumors!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I bet this will eventually turn into a reality show: Aerosmith: The Next Generation where Tyler auditions his replacement while ignoring Perry who is sitting next to him...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3