Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith

Go down 
+25
MetalRob331
Ben Grimm
Schbopo
DeathCult
Gilbert
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
jerseyultifan+
mez
exact33
Fat Freddy
ohwellmonkey
Addy
GrandNational
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
kmorg
QuothTheRaven
Metal Misfit
Sword Of The Heretic
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Joe Perry isn't kidding about his spelling...it's atrocious. Getting back to the subject at hand, I'm not surprised that Joe is back peddling already, regarding his statements from yesterday. It sounds like he's totally frustrated with Steven's injury and what seems to be an obvious problem in regards to Steven's sobriety.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Has there been any statement from Steven (or his "people") yet? Seems like it's only been Joe talking right now.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:18 pm

No statement from Steven Tyler, only Perry is talking since he is doing the rounds and promoting his new disc, speaking of which Perry will be playing the State Theatre here in St Petersburg, FL in early Dec. IT holds about 780, might try to catch that show.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Here's more from Joe, nothing new but it is becoming to sound like a soap opera;

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry was interviewed on Monday, November 9th by Chuck Nowlin of Boston's WZLX 100.7 radio station. Clips from the conversation follow:
Talking about whether Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith:
Perry: "I don't know. There hasn't been any communication with his managers. He hasn't talked to anybody in the band. So [the report on Classic Rock magazine's web site is] the only thing I've seen or heard."
"Right after the [Abu Dhabi] show [on November 1st], I jumped in the car and went to the airport and flew to London for the Classic Rock Awards show. And so we got back a couple of days later than everybody else and when we plugged in and got online and saw [the Classic Rock article], it was kinda... 'OK, well, I guess that's what he's doing.' I knew we were gonna be taking some time off, but I guess he just announced what he was gonna be doing during the time off."
Discussing whether there was any conversation with Steven at all during the recent shows in Hawaii and Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates
:
Perry: "No. He was off in his own dressing room, he stayed in different hotels from the band, travelled on different planes. We never saw him until we walked on stage on any of those shows."
Speaking about Steven telling Classic Rock magazine that he wants to concentrate on "Brand Tyler:"
Perry: "I guess. That's what [the article] says. That's what he's gonna do. I guess. Maybe we'll get a telegram from him; I don't know."
"Like I've been saying since the tour got canceled, we're gonna be on hiatus. He was like that during the [ill-fated Aerosmith] tour [with ZZ Top], too. I mean, he was pretty much travellng on his own, with his own group of people. So there really wasn't much talk about what was going on. And after he fell off the stage the second time [in Sturgis], I don't think he was physically up to finishing the tour — even if he hadn't broken his shoulder. I knew we were gonna be off for a while, so that was it. And I guess he's announced what he's gonna do online."
"I've been pretty verbal about what I'm doing. I've told the [other] guys [in Aerosmith], I've played them the record — at least gave them the record. I know Brad's [Whitford; guitar] listened to it, I don't know if the other guys have. But I never let it get in the way of [Aerosmith]. But... that's life."
On whether any of the new Aerosmith album has been recorded and whether Steven completed any vocals for the new songs before the recent tour:
Perry: "No. The only thing we have is a bunch of stuff that's been left over from past records. Some of those [songs] we were gonna put on the [next] album, but he didn't do any singing at all for this record. I can't really understand that. We had some pretty good stuff laid out, and working with [producer] Brendan O'Brien, I thought it was gonna be a slam dunk, but for some reason, he just wasn't interested."
Talking about having Aerosmith end this way after being together so long:
Perry: "Well, I don't really think... As long as we're still kicking, it's not over. We'll probably get bored and come back. I don't what everybody's gonna be doing. We've talked about getting someone else to sing in the band, we've talked about just doing... I don't know... whatever."
Speaking about whether they have anybody in mind as a replacement for Tyler:
Perry: "Not really. And the thing is, it can't be Aerosmith with... at least not the Aerosmith that we know. For it to be valid and have something real about it, it would have to be somebody that would bring something to the party. It would be the four guys that have been playing forever, and using that weapon with somebody that's got [something] to bring in. But I don't know yet. We've really just kind of got knocked back on our heels, and everybody is just kind of settling back and figuring out what's going on."
On whether he or any of the other guys has reached out to Tyler:
Perry: "I did call him when we were in Hawaii, because we had some gigs that were offered to us to do in South America — like, three gigs that we were gonna do in December. And I called him up and asked him if he would consider doing them, and he hung up on me about halfway through the conversation, so I kind of got the hint that he pretty much wants to be alone and wants to do his own thing."
Tyler told Classic Rock magazine following the Middle East concert that he intended to work on "Brand Tyler" instead of a new Aerosmith record for the foreseeable future, saying, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself — Brand Tyler."
Perry told the Las Vegas Sun that he believed Tyler had been planning to leave for a while, saying, "Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 percent to this thing for a long time . . . To disregard his brothers to the point where we have to find out about it on the Internet — it's like, 'See you later, Bud.' I still care for him as a person, or at least the person I used to know. But things change."
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 am

Apparently not quitting..........

STEVEN TYLER: I Am Not Quitting AEROSMITH! - Nov. 10, 2009

AEROSMITH
singer Steven Tyler joined THE JOE PERRY PROJECT (the band led by
AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry) on stage earlier tonight (Tuesday,
November 10) at the Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza in New York City
to perform the AEROSMITH classic "Walk This Way". According to a
BLABBERMOUTH.NET source a the concert, Tyler assured the crowd that —
despite rumors to the contrary — he is "not quitting AEROSMITH" before
launching into the track, which was originally released as the second
single from the band's 1975 album "Toys in the Attic".

OK!
magazine reports that Tyler also appeared at last night's (Monday,
November 9) 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Carnegie Hall in
New York and was asked about whether he is leaving AEROSMITH. "Does it
look like I'm leaving AEROSMITH?" he reportedly replied. "You know what
it is — it's those people who are putting out Joe's album. Joe's doing
a solo album. So people are paying attention to that."...

Perry
told the Las Vegas Sun on Friday (November 6) that Tyler has quit the
band he co-founded nearly 40 years ago, following a recent concert in
Abu Dhabi. Perry revealed to the newspaper, "Steven quit as far as I
can tell. I don't know any more than you do about it. I got off the
plane two nights ago. I saw online that Steven said that he was going
to leave the band. I don't know for how long, indefinitely or whatever.
Other than that, I don't know."

Tyler told Classic Rock magazine
following the Middle East concert that he intended to work on "Brand
Tyler" instead of a new AEROSMITH record for the foreseeable future,
saying, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to
be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself — Brand
Tyler."

Perry told the Sun that Tyler "has had no contact" with
him or the other band members. Classic Rock reported that Tyler's
dressing room at the Abu Dhabi gig was distant from the others, and
that he did not interact with the rest of the group until they got
onstage.

Perry said that he would like AEROSMITH to continue,
but admitted that he's not entirely sure how to proceed. He explained,
"As far as replacing Steve, it's not just about that, it's also four
guys that play extremely well together, and I'm not going to see that
go to waste. I really don't know what path it's going to take at this
point, but we'll probably find somebody else that will sing in those
spots where we need a singer and then we'll be able to . . . move the
vibe up a notch."

Things have been tense in the AEROSMITH camp
since early August, when a fall from a stage in South Dakota broke
Tyler's shoulder and ended the band's summer tour. In the months since,
internal strife has come to the surface, forcing AEROSMITH to consider
two options: going on hiatus or getting a new vocalist.

Perry
told the Sun that he believed Tyler had been planning to leave for a
while, saying, "Obviously he hasn't been giving 100 percent to this
thing for a long time . . . To disregard his brothers to the point
where we have to find out about it on the Internet — it's like, 'See
you later, Bud.' I still care for him as a person, or at least the
person I used to know. But things change."
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 am

Too bad!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 am

this is becoming like Anthrax!!!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:15 am

Wish I would have been at that Joe Perry concert. That would have ruled!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:55 am

Maybe they could get that Dan guy Anthrax fired!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Or Ripper Owens. He'll sing for anyone. I've always felt that 'Sweet Emotion' could use some shadow-boxing during the solo.

Seriously, it sounds like Steven's coming to his senses. He'll probably still put out his solo album, but he knows where his bread is buttered.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Or Ripper Owens. He'll sing for anyone. I've always felt that 'Sweet Emotion' could use some shadow-boxing during the solo.

Seriously, it sounds like Steven's coming to his senses. He'll probably still put out his solo album, but he knows where his bread is buttered.

or Lance King. Aerosmith is one band he hasnt sung in yet!

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 am

I'm sure Tony Martin's available to tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 am

DeathCult wrote:

Won't work Visa problems, Metal Rob's favorite vocalist Andrew 'I am so Pretty' Lambert is available.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 am

This group is a such a joke at this point:

Perry: "Tyler quit, we're looking for a new singer"

*2 days later*

Tyler: "I'm not leaving the band, now let's play 'Walk This Way', Joey!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 am

Here's some crappy cell-phone camera footage of the performance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC7EK68tdEY&feature=player_embedded#

Ya know, if it weren't for the fact that Joe just happened to be out promoting his solo album and talking to the press, we, the general public, probably wouldn't have known a thing about this whole blow-up. Steven could quit the band every other week for all we know.

If a lead singer quits in the middle of the woods and noone hears it, did he really quit?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 am

This guy was this close to becoming Aerosmith's new vocalist.

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Steve_grimmett
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 am

manny wrote:
This guy was this close to becoming Aerosmith's new vocalist.

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Steve_grimmett

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 201269

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:26 pm

i.e. Aerosmith is otherwise on hiatus until they reunite in four years to milk another tour.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:28 pm

AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry tells Billboard.com singer Steven Tyler's surprise guest appearance at his JOE PERRY PROJECT concert Tuesday night (Nov. 10) in New York "really didn't change anything in my mind" about the status of their band.

Perry tells Billboard.com that Tyler "never said he was leaving the band" but further explains that the singer "said he wanted two years off to do his other projects," which is where things become problematic.

"AEROSMITH wants to work," says Perry, who Tweeted earlier in the week that the band was "positively looking for a new singer to work with." He adds, "the band's been playing together for 40 years. It's a really powerful rock band, and I don't want to see it just go to waste and I don't think any of the other guys do, either. We're gonna work and we're gonna do something — I'm not exactly sure what yet, but the band's too good to let it sit around. We're not going to wait for Steven."
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 pm

I think they should try Gary Cherone for a replacement
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:36 pm

I hear Tim Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley are in the Top 5 for consideration along with Cherone, Grimmett and John Corabi.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:53 am

manny wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Won't work Visa problems, Metal Rob's favorite vocalist Andrew 'I am so Pretty' Lambert is available.

Maybe I would listen to Aerosmith then...Tyler is BLAH to me..
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:23 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I hear Tim Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley are in the Top 5 for consideration along with Cherone, Grimmett and John Corabi.

They called Sammy Hager but he was busy with the Chickenfoot thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next