Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?

Go down 
+3
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Empty
PostSubject: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:11 pm

I caught a little clip on TV while the wife was watching Entertainment Tonight or Extra or one of those shows. What struck me as odd/funny as they referred to him as "Rocker and father of Liv Tyler", without mention of Aerosmith. I guess they gotta go with a reference that their key demographic would recognize. It's a shame that his lengenday work in the music world is overshadowed by an Elfin Princess.

Anyway, anyone hear about this? Did Steven fall off the wagon or what?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:18 pm

I read a blurb in the paper about it over the long weekend, it didn't go into great detail, just that he'd supposedly signed into the same rehab center where Lindsay Lohan and some other celebs had "gotten clean." No reason was given.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Good for him. Hope he gets clean and stays that way. I'm sure in his business it's easy to get hooked on that crap again.

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:30 pm

The dude's wife left him for a frickin' handyman! If that's not reason enough, I don't know what is. Haha. But he definitely needs rehab.

This was painful.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The dude's wife left him for a frickin' handyman! If that's not reason enough, I don't know what is. Haha. But he definitely needs rehab.

This was painful.

I was bracing myself for a horrible cracked-voiced rendition of the National Anthem. At least he went with the easier song to sing. I hope he gets the help he needs, so long as he doesn't show up on VH-1 with a buncha other crack-heads and Dr. Drew. Let him keep some dignity. It's bad enough that he's been reduced to "father of Liv Tyler".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Here's the official statement...

Steven Tyler checked himself into a rehab facility earlier this month after a series of surgeries and post-operative physical therapy (to correct long-time foot injuries resulting from his trademark athletic performance onstage).

“The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time,” Tyler says. “The ‘foot repair’ pain was intense, greater than I’d anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet. Make no mistake, Aerosmith has no plans to stop rocking. There’s a new album to record, then another tour.”
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
“The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time,” Tyler says. “The ‘foot repair’ pain was intense, greater than I’d anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet. Make no mistake, Aerosmith has no plans to stop rocking. There’s a new album to record, then another tour.”

That's good to hear. I'm glad it wasn't a drug-related thing.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:40 pm

Surprisingly, it wasn't drug related. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 am

Mortuary wrote:

I'm not surprised by this he has been sober for years now and has a good solid foundation!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Mortuary wrote:

I'm not surprised by this he has been sober for years now and has a good solid foundation!

Wargod48

The cynic in me has to wonder though if that story is the real-deal or just a cover-up for something worse. Let's hope it's the truth.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:
Mortuary wrote:

Wargod48

The cynic in me has to wonder though if that story is the real-deal or just a cover-up for something worse. Let's hope it's the truth.

Yeah I was thinking the same, stories like that are very often cover ups. But let`s hope us negative thinkers are wrong!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

This story reminds of that game telephone that everyone use to play as kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?   Steven Tyler Back in Rehab? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler Back in Rehab?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: