Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith

Go down 
+25
MetalRob331
Ben Grimm
Schbopo
DeathCult
Gilbert
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
jerseyultifan+
mez
exact33
Fat Freddy
ohwellmonkey
Addy
GrandNational
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
manny
akeldama
kmorg
QuothTheRaven
Metal Misfit
Sword Of The Heretic
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Empty
PostSubject: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:51 am

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/06/joe-perry-steven-tyler-has-quit-aerosmith/
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:56 am

I was just reading this on Blabbermouth. I don't buy it yet.

Joe is only going by internet reports that Steven has quit... Not really the best way to take someone's resignation. Tyler is just drunk/high/mad right now and I severely doubt the rest of the band is so willing to act like this is it... or they are, they're pretty stupid. It'll blow over and they'll be back in 2-3 years once Steven relatively sobers up.

What's funny is Perry and Whitford want to continue Aerosmith WITHOUT Tyler, but Hamilton is saying no. Not really a good idea at this point in the band's career to "replace" Tyler. They should just pull a 'Heaven and Hell' until Steven gets himself straightened out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:12 am

OH NO! This means that we'll never get Permanent Vacation part 7? Drag!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:10 am

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith 436688 I couldn't care less about it. If it's true though,there is no Aerosmith without Tyler.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 am

007 wrote:
If it's true though,there is no Aerosmith without Tyler.

I agree with this. If he's really gone for good, and the other four are still up for playing together, they should continue. They are still a very tight band, though in my mind "Aerosmith" as an entity can't exist without Tyler. I wish them the best!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:56 am

Put the dog out of his misery, call it quits!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm

It would suck if this is true but maybe Brad & Joe can join the Black Crowes and give them the kick in the arse they need...just wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:46 pm

I won't believe it til I see an official press release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:11 pm

This is becoming as bad as Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Quote :
Joe is only going by internet reports that Steven has quit... Not really the best way to take someone's resignation. Tyler is just drunk/high/mad right now and I severely doubt the rest of the band is so willing to act like this is it... or they are, they're pretty stupid. It'll blow over and they'll be back in 2-3 years once Steven relatively sobers up.

Yea, until I see something a little more "official", I'm taking it for what it is. I'm sure when Aerosmith's lawyers and agents sit down with Steven and lay things out on the table, cooler heads will prevail. Aerosmith, like it or not, at this point is a business, a cash cow. He's not gonna walk away from all that this late in the game to start over as a solo artist. The band will go on hiatus, Steven will put out an album that'll flop on it's tits, then he'll come back to the band.
Of course, by that time, they'll all be in their 70's. Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith 387733

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm

He can't walk away from this.

#1 - He's too drunk to stand
#2 - He needs the keep the money coming in to support his habit
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 pm

Unfortunatly I don't really follow Aerosmith anymore so it wouldn't really matter to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Steven Tyler has totally fallen off the wagon
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:27 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Unfortunatly I don't really follow Aerosmith anymore so it wouldn't really matter to me.

X2. Just call it quits for good. Find a new vocalist and a new band name and carry on.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:02 pm

This sucks since I am a big Aerosmith fan
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:25 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
OH NO! This means that we'll never get Permanent Vacation part 7? Drag!

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Lol
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Part of me would be happy, it's over. But then the radio would play the hell
out of their catalog. (sigh)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:25 pm

ohwellmonkey wrote:
But then the radio would play the hell

...like they don't play the hell out of it already?

Seriously tho, like a bunch of y'all have said, I will believe this news when I see it reported by a more reputable source.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ohwellmonkey wrote:

exactly. Once they do call it quits the remasters and super-duper versions are coming...

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:43 am

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ohwellmonkey wrote:

exactly. Once they do call it quits the remasters and super-duper versions are coming...

I'm expecting Scott to come out and give us all a can of whoop-ass soon Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Lol
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:32 am

I dont know, Aerosmith has been such a big part of my life growing up and since then. I cant imagine Aerosmith without Tyler.

The problem is clearly Tyler here, he is odiously off the wagon and acting to high and mighty. He is being an ass.

The rest of the band sound like they want to keep on keeping on...but I agree it should not be Aerosmith name. Once Tyler gets sober, they will all be back together. In the meantime, I say let the band get out there and make something new with a new singer...just have fun till they can all work this out.

Best of luck to them I say.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:45 pm

GrandNational wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ohwellmonkey wrote:

i'm expecting Scott to come out and give us all a can of whoop-ass soon Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Lol

thats ok. Aerosmith breaking up is not as big of a deal as say.. The Stones. Now that would be cause for a national day of mourning!

jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 pm

speaking for scott..
aerosmith had their run! they had their fame! maybe its time to put their "toys in the attic" and keep them there! love the band but,steven looked so horrible in those pictures.i mean,if he doenst get healthy we all know its not good! that said heres praying my favorite thrash metal band stays around for a long long time! with faith and healthy living,scott and the boys will be rawking for a good long while! yea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:18 pm

The latest from Joe Perry's twitter:

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Perrytwitter
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Tyler IS Aerosmith. His voice is what gives the band their charisma. What is it with rock stars getting their heads stuck up their own a$$es? Tyler without Aerosmith will be playing small clubs at best. Aerosmith without Tyler will fall quickly and will suffer the same fate. Instead of being a stadium band, they will be relegated to touring the State Fairs. Joe Perry is the only one that will be able to really do anything significant outside the band, due to his history and string of solo records, though I'd be interested to hear what Brad Whitford might put out.

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith   Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler quits Aerosmith
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next