Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:56 pm

I pre-ordered the album earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 am

the samples of the new albums seem that the band is trying to sound like in the early ages of thrash. Some riffs reminded me of Kill Them All Album. So This is a must have for this year. Any other bands to keep an eye on this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:25 am

powermacho wrote:
the samples of the new albums seem that the band is trying to sound like in the early ages of thrash. Some riffs reminded me of Kill Them All Album. So This is a must have for this year. Any other bands to keep an eye on this year?

Some elements there alright, I also go a strong feel of the album "From the Underground and Below" which is no bad thing either, anyway I'll get every edition of this that I can, have 3 different ones ordered already
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:57 am

This thread is too long for me to read everything so I will just say this, I really enjoyed the last offering from Overkill so I will look forward to this one as well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Ok I got this the other day and Im sitting here listening to it now and I keep hearing sounds in the city like is scratched or something. Also when I tried to burn it in itunes to put it on my ipod it was like my computer was having a hard time to read it and when I listened back to the songs they all had a scratching sound in it. Anyone else listen to this album and have this happen or hear this sound? Listening to the cd the scratch sound started in the middle of track 4 and went til the end and now its on track 5 and doing the same thing.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Sounds like you might've gotten a bad CD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sounds like you might've gotten a bad CD.

Yeah, like that Twisted Sister fiasco a year ago.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Ok I got this the other day and Im sitting here listening to it now and I keep hearing sounds in the city like is scratched or something. Also when I tried to burn it in itunes to put it on my ipod it was like my computer was having a hard time to read it and when I listened back to the songs they all had a scratching sound in it. Anyone else listen to this album and have this happen or hear this sound? Listening to the cd the scratch sound started in the middle of track 4 and went til the end and now its on track 5 and doing the same thing.

See, I told you to get the Digipack copy Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:46 pm

I bought Under the Influence a few months ago but have only given it one casual listen. That's my first Overkill album. I plan on picking this one up next paycheck though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Just picked this up, will listen to it shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Still waiting impatiently for my copy to show up. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 594227
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:51 pm

I received an e-mail yesterday indicating all three copies I had ordered have shipped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Video for "Bring Me the Night," the first single off the new album:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am

I had the scratchy sound on one of my stereos but not the other. wierd. Great album though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 am

brontotex wrote:
I had the scratchy sound on one of my stereos but not the other. wierd. Great album though.

That static, scratchy sound is annoying as hell. I'm considering returning my CD. It won't play in my car system at all. It plays on my stereo at work but you hear that infernal static noise throughout.

angry

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
brontotex wrote:

That static, scratchy sound is annoying as hell. I'm considering returning my CD. It won't play in my car system at all. It plays on my stereo at work but you hear that infernal static noise throughout.

angry

Oh that sucks BIG TIME! It must've been a bad run of CDs for the first batch.

I'm gonna hold off on buying this until they repress it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:42 pm

That is kinda weird. I was thinking about stopping at Best Buy and picking this up. Maybe I'll wait a bit.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Thank God, I waited....

I'm sure one of you guys will let us know when they take care of this debacle. The way it sounds from those who've purchased it already, it makes W.F.O. sound great.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:41 am

This is pissing me off big time. I want to go buy it tomorrow at Best Buy but now I am afraid of it. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 308838
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 am

bgast1 wrote:
This is pissing me off big time. I want to go buy it tomorrow at Best Buy but now I am afraid of it. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 308838

Same here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:55 am

I wonder if the band or record company will address the issue like Twisted Sister did?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 am

I emailed the record company. I've received no reply. Several people are talking about it on Overkill's forum, but nothing has been addressed there either.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Does anyone have a good copy that the bought in a store in the U.S., and what store might that be?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:40 pm

All the US copies come from the same manufacturer, so I would imagine in won't matter where you get it from.

However, Rob's copy works fine in his car and he bought it at the same Best Buy as me. It won't work on his home stereo though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Making mental note to buy IRONBOUND from Nuclearhell.com so I get a Russian copy....

But seriously folks: that bites. I am having a similar problem with my recently-purchased copy of Slayer's WORLD PAINTED BLOOD. For whatever reason, it will not play in my car stereo. Whenever I try, I hear scratches and skipping noises for a few seconds, then eventually the display sez "ERROR" and it spits the CD out. I've been driving this car for seven or eight years now and the player has never done that with any of my other CDs.

The disc plays fine on my piece of crap boom box that I keep on my desk at work, which is OK I guess, but it kinda pisses me off that I can't listen to that one in my car. I haven't tried it in any of the CD players in my house yet but now that you got me thinking about it, I may give it a whirl when I get home tonight and see what happens.

Even if I did get a defective CD, I can't do much about it now as the receipt from the store I bought it at is long gone.

Could it be that these copies of IRONBOUND came from the same pressing plant as my copy of W.P.B.? Or is this the start of some insidious plan by the record industry to get us all switching over to downloads?

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 308838

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next