Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

it's a definite buy. from what i've heard it sounds more energetic & lively than the recent outputs of Megadeth, Metallica, & even Slayer.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:04 pm

It sounds energetic and has great production but has no good riffs that I can hear. Sounds like a total rush-job in the writing dept.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:52 am

New album sounds amazing. This is going to be tough to beat in 2010. The Green and black is one epic metal masterpiece. Overkill continue to put out quality releases and are one of the hardest working bands and most consistent out there in todays music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:52 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
It sounds energetic and has great production but has no good riffs that I can hear. Sounds like a total rush-job in the writing dept.

clean your ears
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:06 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

are you listening to the same album as the rest of us?
the album is full of excellent riffs.
Bring Me The Night is an awesome track with plenty of heavy riffs in it.
But each to his own i suppose...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:10 am

Where can i hear a sample of the new stuff? Youtube one doesn't work anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 am

Been listening to this a bit lately too. Upon first listen my jaw hit the floor. I haven't been into Overkill for a long time. I lost all interest in them long ago. But this is definitely KILLER! Maybe since this thrash resurgence is happening, it kicked them in their asses to get back to doing what they used to do! Thrash!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

clean your ears

You're right ... maybe the production is not as great as I said. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

clean your ears

I agree. TOB always thinks good music sucks! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_lol

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 351885045_3920aa0a51
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:00 pm

always?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Yeah,where are you guys hearing these songs? I'd like to check em out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

So did we get an official release date on this yet?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
always?

Yes. You hate everything and everyone.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
always?

That's news to me. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
always?

That's news to me. Thanks for letting me know.

You're very welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Calm down the lot of you, keep it on topic

T.O.B. is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else, so there's no need to get personal.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Locky wrote:

T.O.B. is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else, so there's no need to get personal.

It's called having a sense of humor and some fun Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_lol . Locky, get with the program!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 am

GrandNational wrote:
Locky wrote:

It's called having a sense of humor and some fun Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_lol . Locky, get with the program!

Yes, I was just poking fun! No offense TOB!

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 am

Give ToB a break guys. He probably has hearing loss. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:42 am

ToB is thick skinned. he doesn't get upset at stuff like this, so no one else should. it's just passionate bickering about the music we love. nothing more.

vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
How does Bobby find the time to have a regular job when he's constantly touring with Overkill?

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 685534
Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_neutral constantly touring..? lol.

that said, here's some finally (with EVILE among others! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_biggrin )

April 1 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
April 2 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
April 3 - Hartford, CT - Webster Hall
April 4 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial de Quebec
April 5 - Montreal, QC - FouFounes
April 6 - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Concert Theater
April 7 - Cincinnati, OH - Bogarts
April 8 - Detroit, MI - Blondies
April 9 - Chicago, IL - The Metro
April 10 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
April 11 - Minneapolis, MN - Station 4
April 13 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theatre
April 15 - Vancouver, BC - Red Room
April 16 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
April 17 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
April 18 - San Francisco, CA - The Grand Ballroom
April 19 - Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
April 20 - Los Angeles CA - House of Blues
April 21 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
April 22 - Phoenix, AZ - O.K.'s
April 23 - Tucson, AZ - The Rock
April 24 - Farmington, NM - Gators
April 25 - Tulsa, OK - Marquee
April 26 - Austin, TX - Emu's
April 27 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
April 28 - Dallas, TX - Trees
April 29 - Louisville, KY - Headliners Music Hall
April 30 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
May 1 - New York City, NY - Nokia Theater
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Locky wrote:

That's the only way people around here know how to argue.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Locky wrote:

That's the only way people around here know how to argue.

Well, we that like Overkill can't see where you're coming from so it is a obvious reaction. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

Recent interview with Blitz:

Sheila Doki of the metal webzine Metalholic.com recently spoke with vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of New Jersey thrash band Overkill. Sections from the interview follow below:
Metalholic: Overkill is going to be coming out with their new record, "Ironbound," in February and it has been labeled as a "thrasherpiece." I listened to it and it's definitely incredible. How would you describe the the new album's sound and how does it differ from previous Overkill work?
Blitz: It's a life-changing work. (laughs) You know what I think about this — we've been around for quite some time, obviously, and every year — or every couple of years — we get the opportunity to, let's say, reinvent ourselves. And I think the beauty of "Ironbound" is that it's rooted in the old, but if you add reinvention to that, it becomes kind of a contemporary work. So, rooted in the old with contemporary kind of production, it makes it almost like a contemporary history lesson. So it really has this "why the revolution started" feel to it, which is unique within itself. It's not a rehash, but again, a reinvention.
Metalholic: It retains the classic sound, but at the same time sounds like something completely new. What are some of your favorite songs from the album?
Blitz: You know, one of the things I like about this record — I kind of think when I first got into this — you know, we've been around 25 years, so prior to those 25 years, 10 or 12 years prior to that, I played air guitar in my bedroom at my parents' house to Black Sabbath records. And the thing I liked about the vinyl I owned as a kid was that they always felt like cohesive records to me: that the first song depends on the second, the second depends on the first and the third, and so on. So I think one of the cool things about this record is that it's cohesive. It starts hitting, and it continues to hit and hit and hit. And the idea is that it almost becomes an increase of intensity from, let's say, when you press play 'til when the record ends fifty-five minutes later. So I can't really say what's my favorite song on it because I'm always thinking in terms of, "Wow, it's really finally a complete work from us," with regard to that cohesive feeling that I have.
Metalholic: That's true, it all flows really well, and like you said, one song is not complete without the next.
Blitz: And I think that's necessary, you know. It's great to have good songs and it's hard, I think, for bands to write good songs. But I think it's even harder to come up with a full work that is positive. And that's really — you can't set that as a goal. I mean, you want that as a result, but that comes from, let's say, everything lining up correctly. The correct chemistry in the studio, the correct chemistry with writing. Everyone learns a little bit more. I think this is a band that's not afraid to learn, regardless of, you know, how long we've been around. I sat down with an engineer prior to recording the vocals, and I said, "Listen, it's our first time. I'll tell you this, really simply. I'm not thin-skinned. Tell me if it's wrong." (laughs) You know? I want it to be better. So I think you take those attitudes into a studio and you go with the opportunity to create something, let's say, bigger. Bigger than what you'd done last time, or at least a chance. At least a chance to do it.
Metalholic: One of my favorite songs, I have to say, is "The Head and Heart." And I was wondering, is that a guest vocalist doing the harsh growls at the beginning?
Blitz: That's your humble host, Bobby Blitz. (laughs) I started working on that — and that's my point about learning — I started working on that a few years back, and I've been using it as… well, I don't know. A support vocal. I did a side project called The Cursed a few years ago, it's kind of a rock and roll, kind of a doom/swing record. I mean, there's saxophone solos and death-metal vocals. It's really kind of a strange record, but a lot of fun. And I started studying some death guys — some more contemporary artists. Randy Blythe, I worked with — from Lamb Of God. I'm a big Johnny Cash fan — to understand the low end of the voice. And I thought it was time. So, on "The Head and Heart," instead of it being just a nuance, it took the position of the lead vocals. So it was a lot of fun for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:08 pm

***edit***

I found the Jewel Case version too, bloody Nuclear Blast will have me broke with all the different version of Ironbound
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next