Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Overkill rules and I was surprised on the Metal Show that Bobby Blitz is a salesperson of high end chocolate!

Yea, I saw that show too... funny stuff... the shop is supposedly in Newton, NJ, which is a town about an hour from me... I have often thought about taking a ride over there and looking the place up!!

I have a mental image of Blitz walking out from behind the counter with an apron and chef's hat. "Hi, would you like to sample my fudge?"

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 201269

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Peter TÃĪgtgren from Hypocrisy is going to mix the album. he does good things in the studio.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have a mental image of Blitz walking out from behind the counter with an apron and chef's hat. "Hi, would you like to sample my fudge?"

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 201269

I imagine Blitz greeting customers at the front door by barking "CHOCOLATE! TO! THE! CORE!" Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 201269

Hopefully the chocolates are good and not "Fatal If Swallowed..."

But seriously folks!! I googled "chocolate stores Newton, NJ" and came up with this... I think it may be Blitz & Wifey's chocolate shop...

http://www.chocolaterie-nj.com/nj-chocolate-about.html

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm

This is so weird, but here is that website's contact person:

Administrative Contact
:

van Loon,
Antonetta
annettevanloon@nac.net
39 Pleasant Valley Dr
Vernon, NJ 07462
US
Phone: 973-209-2495
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Last I heard, Blitz lives somewhere in Sussex County, NJ, and Vernon is in Sussex County. That's gotta be Mrs. Blitz!

I am sooooo going to look up that chocolate shop someday.

cliffy wrote:
Excellent name for a new record, fantastic classic looking Overkill cover.

IRONBOUND is an appropriate title for Overkill, not only cuz it just sounds so gosh darned METAL, but also cuz "Ironbound" is the name of a section of the city of Newark, so they're droppin' some props to their home state at the same time. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 am

I must add this to all my other Overkill CDs Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am

I just listened to Horrorscope and I Hear Black yesterday...I'm ready for new OVERKILL!!

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Ironbound is awesome. Blitz sounds fantastic. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:38 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Ironbound is awesome. Blitz sounds fantastic. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 778825

I wasn't aware that this was out yet.
Back to top Go down
stars destroy
Metal novice
Metal novice
stars destroy

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Ironbound is great of course. I downloaded it early, but will be buying it as I have with every Overkill release. Best metal band ever!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

I wasn't aware that this was out yet.

It's not "out" yet but it is "out" if you know where to look. If you know what I mean. (*wink wink nudge nudge say no more*)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 pm

It friggin' ROCKS! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:47 am

I thought you guys were joking ... until I found it and downloaded it. Listening to Green And Black as I type. I will be buying the CD, as soon as it's out. So far, this sounds great. Better than the last couple. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 am

... in fact, this is their best in years! .... for me ... since Horrorscope! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 am

Listened to it last night, DAMN good album, and I almost prefer Blitz' voice like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 am

Awaiting it! My collection needs some new overkill blood Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:20 pm

I can't stop listening to this. Endless War is amazing. I love the Iron Maiden-ish solos. blitz sounds more evil than ever.

FIRST, LAST AND ALL IN BETWEEN
LET'S GIVE THEM MORE HELL THAN THEY'VE EVER SEEN
GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO REMEMBER
GIVE THEM HOW AND WHY AND WHAT YOU'RE LIVING FOR
FIRST, LAST, AND ALL IN BETWEEN
THE ENDLESS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:48 pm

A whole batch of the new songs have been YouTubed... and they sound kick a$$... here's the title track

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 pm

new Overkill = power-thrash, very interesting..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Overkill has always been power-thrash to me.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Wow, that was tasty!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:43 pm

the album is smurfing immense.
easily their best since Horrorscope
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:00 pm

I think this will easily be in the upper portion of their catalogue for me!

Thanks for posting those samps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next