Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Sounds like the digi is the safer of the two formats. Just going by what everyone said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 am

I just don't get it. I don't really like this album. I didn't really like "Immortalis" either. In fact, I haven't liked anything from Overkill since "Bloodletting". Ah....frustration....

As for "Ironbound", it's good, but nothing is memorable. Not a chorus, not a riff....nothing. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I just don't get it. I don't really like this album. I didn't really like "Immortalis" either. In fact, I haven't liked anything from Overkill since "Bloodletting". Ah....frustration....

As for "Ironbound", it's good, but nothing is memorable. Not a chorus, not a riff....nothing. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_cry

I think you're right. Let me take it off you hands and dispose of it properly. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I think you're right. Let me take it off you hands and dispose of it properly. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

Give me a tradelist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Give me a tradelist.

Let me see what I can scrounge up over the weekend. The list is a little sparse at the moment, but I've got a few discs that have been in the "trade or keep" pile for too long.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:42 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Really? I've probably listened to this CD 30x already and I'm still not bored with it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm seeking an overkill advise. I own the following albums: Horrorscope, The years of decay, WFO, i hear black and Ironbound. I'm looking forward to completing my collection. Which albums would you recommend me? I need something aggressive, stinkin' heavy...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I'm seeking an overkill advise. I own the following albums: Horrorscope, The years of decay, WFO, i hear black and Ironbound. I'm looking forward to completing my collection. Which albums would you recommend me? I need something aggressive, stinkin' heavy...

My faves (of the ones you don't have already) would be:
FEEL THE FIRE (1985)
FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW (1997)
NECROSHINE (1999)

...awwwww hell, just get everything they've done. It's pretty much all good. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:23 pm

I like the album but it's not their best...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:

So far, the only track I heard was the single they released. Does anyone else think the riff sounds a little like Metallica's 'Hit the Lights'?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

So far, the only track I heard was the single they released. Does anyone else think the riff sounds a little like Metallica's 'Hit the Lights'?

That or something from Motorhead...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Under the Influence is a must IMO.Also,From the Underground and Below is heavy and dark.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

You should sell all your overkill cds ha ha!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Start with: Feel The Fire, Taking Over, Under The Influence,, Killbox 13, Bloodletting ... then work your way through the rest. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 778825
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Grimmo wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Start with: Feel The Fire, Taking Over, Under The Influence,, Killbox 13, Bloodletting ... then work your way through the rest. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 778825

I got Feel the fire earlier today. Spent the rest of my day listening to it. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:00 am

Got my copy of IRONBOUND in the mail yesterday from Amazon. Just gave it a first spin and there's no sign of the annoying static background noises that others have described. Guess I got a good one. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Got my copy of IRONBOUND in the mail yesterday from Amazon. Just gave it a first spin and there's no sign of the annoying static background noises that others have described. Guess I got a good one. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_lol

The problem has been fixed. I received a corrected CD copy in the mail from the record company.

This CD will make my Top 10 for 2010. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

My faves (of the ones you don't have already) would be:
FEEL THE FIRE (1985)
FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW (1997)
NECROSHINE (1999)

...awwwww hell, just get everything they've done. It's pretty much all good. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_lol

He's right,you really can't go wrong with Overkill (I'll add BLOODLETTING as a standout too). I still need to get IRONBOUND though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I just listened to this for the first time. Momma! I can't wait to hear the album that beats this for me for top album of 2010.
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

Get them all, you really can't go wrong..The new album Ironbound is awesome. Just got my vinyl edition the other day cool Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Mordor wrote:
Just got my vinyl edition the other day cool Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840

i caved & bought the "bring me the night" picture disc on ebay today! got a relix & immortalis one, so might as well keep it going. (got the killbox regular vinyl [not a pic disc] that came w/ the band member cards awhile back as well.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 11:29 pm

"Bring Me The Night" is the most memorable track on here, catchy as hell. I'm also partial to The Green And Black. The only thing that bugs me about the record is the overly-processed kick drum sound.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:50 am

After having the MP3 tracks since the leak, late last year, I have finally got the CD . I sourced it from Russia on ebay (genuine copy), and it plays in the computer perfectly. No scratching/static sounds or related issues. Awesome stuff! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Really? I've probably listened to this CD 30x already and I'm still not bored with it.

When I listen to this album, I really have to fight a compulsion to just start growling and smashing everything within arms reach and then some. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 383937

If you can't just embrace/get pumped up by the pure, blistering fury of this album; can't feel some iron-hot molten metal start to boil in your veins; if at 3:02 of The SRC you don't have the urge to start stomping your feet and just jump out of your chair and bellow along "Sink it deep! Sink it deep!" ...

...check your pulse. You might be dead.

I'm not one of those to argue about 'the best' -- I'm not going to provide any dissertation track by track. However, in my opinion, from the foreboding opening intro to The Green and Black to the stomping finish of The SRC -- I find the album to be nothing sort of pure heavy metal "fun".
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm

I like the first two songs. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 11840 But not sure about the others yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next