Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Looking forward to that report.

I hope it will be filed promptly upon acquisition of the material in question.

Make sure to have the proper cover sheets on all TPS reports. Did you get that memo I sent?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 am

Noticed a lot of people complaining about defective copies of IRONBOUND under a news bit about the album on Blabbermouth. I'm literally afraid to pick up an American pressing of the CD at this point, may look into an import. The problem seems to be pretty widespread.

Even so, Blab sez the album sold 4,100 copies in its first week (!!) which is almost double what IMMORTALIS did in its first week of release. It even cracked the lower end of the Billboard 200 chart. Go go Overkill!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 am

Quote :
Noticed a lot of people complaining about defective copies of IRONBOUND under a news bit about the album on Blabbermouth. I'm literally afraid to pick up an American pressing of the CD at this point, may look into an import. The problem seems to be pretty widespread.

That's got me a little spooked too. I thought about stopping at Best Buy on the way home the other night, but decided againt it for this very reason. I want to get this, but I don't want a bum copy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I got the album in the mail today. I like it! I also mailed the two extra copies of it I bought to my metal pen pals this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 pm

So... what's the final verdict? Buy? Don't buy? Has the band or anyone commented on the defects?

I wanna get it too... Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:23 pm

It went on my computer and played well on my MP3 player so for me there's no problem. I am familiar with most albums from I Hear Black and beyond (I'm working on remedying that) and this is definatly the best thing I've heard from them since Necroshine. I liked the last one, Immortalis, but this album absolutly kills it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Ultmetal--if you read anything from the band or at their forum, please let me know. For some reason I couldn't get signed up over there. I am going to try later though.

from their registration page--if it helps or applies to ya:

"This must be a valid e-mail address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider.

IF YOU ARE USING A FREE WEB BASED EMAIL ACCOUNT
PROVIDER SUCH AS YAHOO, HOTMAIL, AOL, GMAIL, GOOGLEMAIL, MSN, INBOX,
AIM, GMX...AS YOUR VALID EMAIL ADDRESS, PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE WILL BE
NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ACCESS TO THIS
FORUM."
-----------------

...& holding off here on buying this til the problems are resolved. looking forward to posts from anyone who has updated info on that.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

"The Goal Is Your Soul" what freakin awesome song!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod51

My thoughts exactly. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 11840

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

My copy is good!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 am

I finally took a chance and ordered a copy from amazon. It's a digi-pack. Are they all supposed to be a digi?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am

Troublezone wrote:
I finally took a chance and ordered a copy from amazon. It's a digi-pack. Are they all supposed to be a digi?

I got mine from there.Its a digi as well and no problems at all from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I thought the copy I looked at at FYE was a jewel case, but now I'm not sure if it was or not, since I didn't buy it.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Mine was a jewel case.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod51

I'll third that. My favorite for sure. It's great all around, awesome lyrics.
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 pm

brontotex wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod51

I'll third that. My favorite for sure. It's great all around, awesome lyrics.

+4 headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Finally i got mine in the post and played it today for the first time. Really a great album, maybe my fave since HORRORSCOPE. All those groovy parts are gone and now they thrash again like before. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm

I bought this yesterday and played the first few tracks on my PC. Sounded fine. Then I noticed while listening to the album today in my car all that static is there. What gives? I also inspected the disc and noticed TONS of scratch marks all over it that aren't from me because it's brand new and I always take great care of my CDs. I don't think the scratches have anything to do with the static though. One of the last few songs isn't even listenable in my car the static is so bad.

Just to be sure I wasn't going crazy, I just popped the CD into my PC again and everything sounds perfect. Not sure what I want to do with this CD. I could take it to FYE but since it's opened I can only do an exchange.

Has there been any official comments over this?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I bought this yesterday and played the first few tracks on my PC. Sounded fine. Then I noticed while listening to the album today in my car all that static is there. What gives? I also inspected the disc and noticed TONS of scratch marks all over it that aren't from me because it's brand new and I always take great care of my CDs. I don't think the scratches have anything to do with the static though. One of the last few songs isn't even listenable in my car the static is so bad.

Just to be sure I wasn't going crazy, I just popped the CD into my PC again and everything sounds perfect. Not sure what I want to do with this CD. I could take it to FYE but since it's opened I can only do an exchange.

Has there been any official comments over this?

That's lame. I was just thinking of picking this up too. Maybe if I order my copy from Amazon I'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:35 am

Quote :

That's lame. I was just thinking of picking this up too. Maybe if I order my copy from Amazon

I got mine from amazon recently. I's a digi but works fine.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That's lame. I was just thinking of picking this up too. Maybe if I order my copy from Amazon

I got mine from amazon recently. I's a digi but works fine.

Good to hear. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I just ordered my copy from NuclearHell. Will report when I get it.

My good friends in Russia sent me a great copy sans buzzes, static, etc etc. Nuclearhell.com is safe.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Has anyone noticed if there is a difference between owning the digi-pack release or the jewel case release? Is the problem more prevelent in one format over the other? Just wonderin?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Received an email from E1 Entertainment that they will be sending me a fixed disc right away. Cool! That's the second time I've had that happen. The first was Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry remaster.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has anyone noticed if there is a difference between owning the digi-pack release or the jewel case release? Is the problem more prevelent in one format over the other? Just wonderin?

Mines the digi and I dont hear any static,pop or anything thats not supposed to be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next