Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Ironbound thread

Go down 
+36
biddle
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
scottmitchell74
bgast1
metalinmyveins
brontotex
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
powermacho
vanillaviking
Lurideath
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
stars destroy
ZetaReticuli
Grimmo
Cliffy
Troublezone
manny
INVADERS
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Wargod
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
nevermore
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Lol at Fat Freddy. You were probably gonna buy Russian anyway. So much cheaper there. That is what I did with Grave Digger -- The Last Supper.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Ultmetal--if you read anything from the band or at their forum, please let me know. For some reason I couldn't get signed up over there. I am going to try later though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Lol at Fat Freddy. You were probably gonna buy Russian anyway. So much cheaper there.

Actually I've never bought anything from the Nuclearhell site before, but from what I'm hearing about everyone's trouble with the new Overkill, maybe now is the time to give'em a try. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

I buy from them all the time. Just be aware that their stuff says "only to be sold in Russia and the Baltic States" or something like that.

That being said, I find their packaging fantastic and as long as it's a cd I'm musically happy with, I've been very pleased with their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I buy from them all the time. Just be aware that their stuff says "only to be sold in Russia and the Baltic States" or something like that.

That makes no nevermind to me. I believe I've said around here in the past, if it's a CD I want and the price is right, I don't give a hoot if it's an American, European, Russian, Chinese, Martian or Klingon pressing. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

That makes no nevermind to me. I believe I've said around here in the past, if it's a CD I want and the price is right, I don't give a hoot if it's an American, European, Russian, Chinese, Martian or Klingon pressing. Laughing

The CD police are comin to get you. Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

bgast1 wrote:

THEY KIN HAVE MAH CEE-DEES WHEN THEY PRY'EM FROM MAH COLD DEAD FINGERS!!! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 19976

Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Could it be that these copies of IRONBOUND came from the same pressing plant as my copy of W.P.B.? Or is this the start of some insidious plan by the record industry to get us all switching over to downloads?

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 308838

What is behind this? Do you know anything about it? Are the record companies starting to push this as a trend? That would suck. Should this be a seperate thread?
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

THEY KIN HAVE MAH CEE-DEES WHEN THEY PRY'EM FROM MAH COLD DEAD FINGERS!!! Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 19976

Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269 Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:37 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Could it be that these copies of IRONBOUND came from the same pressing plant as my copy of W.P.B.? Or is this the start of some insidious plan by the record industry to get us all switching over to downloads?

What is behind this? Do you know anything about it? Are the record companies starting to push this as a trend? That would suck. Should this be a seperate thread?

Conspiracy theorists, put away your tin-foil hats for the time being. I got my copy of World Painted Blood brand new at the local FYE and it plays fine in my work boom-box, car stereo and ripped fine to my home computer for my listening pleasure.

If there is some problem at the cd manufacturing plant, it's probably because the 10 year old Chinese girl working the duplication machine fell asleep after working a 27 hour shift on nothing but a cold fish head and bowl of steam.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
bgast1 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Conspiracy theorists, put away your tin-foil hats for the time being. I got my copy of World Painted Blood brand new at the local FYE and it plays fine in my work boom-box, car stereo and ripped fine to my home computer for my listening pleasure.

If there is some problem at the cd manufacturing plant, it's probably because the 10 year old Chinese girl working the duplication machine fell asleep after working a 27 hour shift on nothing but a cold fish head and bowl of steam.

Makes sense. It's really hard to believe that every American Ironbound CD would be defective. So if you do get a bad copy, what are the remedies? I've never had to deal with this before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Quote :
Makes sense. It's really hard to believe that every American Ironbound CD would be defective. So if you do get a bad copy, what are the remedies? I've never had to deal with this before.

Just take it back to the point of purchase and ask for a replacement. However, some places won't take back an opened CD. Personally, I'd hold off a bit on buying it until this situation blows over or is remedied.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Twisted Sister had a similair problem with the re-release of Stay Hungry. You mailed them the defective one and they sent out a new cd I think.

I didn't purchase one, so maybe someone else here could elaborate better than I on the situation.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Marvelous band. I could never understand why these guys were never considered in the big 4 .
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Mine works fine in my car and in one of my home stereo, but not in another one of my home stereos or my xbox. the stereo it sounds fuzzy in is an old one.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I've still never gotten that Twisted Sister out of fear of having to go through the whole return process. I had Ironbound in my hands today but decided to wait thinking I should see if any of those online package deals come back. Smart move it sounds like. Hope they come up with a good plan to replace all these defective discs.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm gonna pick it up anyway. Hope it isn't a mistake.

edit: now I can't even find it in any stores.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm

I did not want to start another thread and I could not remember what thread we talked about Blitz's other day time gig but here is a quick story and link:

Vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of thrash metal veterans Overkill recently spoke to AOL's Noisecreep about the family business he has with his wife — importing fine chocolates for their shop, Chocolaterie.
"We get our chocolates from Bruges in Belgium, which is the chocolate-making capital of the world," Ellsworth told Noisecreep. "My wife works via the net and by telephone with the chocolatiers and says, 'This is what I need, and I need it hand-rolled.' So it's kind of a fun family business."
On his love for fine chocolates, Ellsworth said, "It's something I learned to love by touring and obviously having a Dutch wife who has a passion for chocolate. We love the business. And again it just kind of complements what I've learned through Overkill, because I don't think I would have been exposed to [the art of chocolate] on such a high level unless I'd seen things [touring with the band]."
Chocolaterie is located in on 6 South Broadway in Nyack, N.Y. about 30 miles North of Manhattan. "It's nice there," Ellsworth said. "It's almost like a little slice of Greenwich Village kind of town."
For more information, please visit www.chocolaterie-nj.com.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 pm

manny wrote:
I did not want to start another thread and I could not remember what thread we talked about Blitz's other day time gig but here is a quick story and link:

Vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of thrash metal veterans Overkill recently spoke to AOL's Noisecreep about the family business he has with his wife — importing fine chocolates for their shop, Chocolaterie.
"We get our chocolates from Bruges in Belgium, which is the chocolate-making capital of the world," Ellsworth told Noisecreep. "My wife works via the net and by telephone with the chocolatiers and says, 'This is what I need, and I need it hand-rolled.' So it's kind of a fun family business."
On his love for fine chocolates, Ellsworth said, "It's something I learned to love by touring and obviously having a Dutch wife who has a passion for chocolate. We love the business. And again it just kind of complements what I've learned through Overkill, because I don't think I would have been exposed to [the art of chocolate] on such a high level unless I'd seen things [touring with the band]."
Chocolaterie is located in on 6 South Broadway in Nyack, N.Y. about 30 miles North of Manhattan. "It's nice there," Ellsworth said. "It's almost like a little slice of Greenwich Village kind of town."

I was right! That was the shop I posted a link about the last time the topic came up (it's waaaaayyyy at the beginning of this very thread by the way)

Nyack's not that far from me, I should take a drive up that a way sometime when the weather gets nice and look the place up. I so want to catch Blitz behind the counter in a little apron pouring chocolate into a mixer or somethin' Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 201269

By the way, Ult and whoever else is having trouble with their scratchy copies of IRONBOUND: any response from the band or label yet?

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Conspiracy theorists, put away your tin-foil hats for the time being.

But...but the ladies say the tinfoil hat makes me look sex-ay!

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

I'm not sure but I think since you're buying it on their website, which is based in Russia, they are still in the clear. They are just shipping it elsewhere.
Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 436688

Fat Freddy wrote:

Exactly. I saw in another thread one time someone was "warning" that the CD would be Russian. Are we still in the middle of the Cold War? Very Happy It's not a big deal. I bought two CDs from them recently and the only time you know it is Russian is when you read the fine print. All the text is English.

You'll have to wait a few weeks for your order to arrive, but they are very upfront about that and the two CDs I got from them were OOP/never released in the US and every other site I could find was charging $25-35 for them. I got them from Nuclear for about $12 each brand new.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

I just ordered my copy from NuclearHell. Will report when I get it.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:13 pm

I don't hear any static noise on my copy. Great album, by the way.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Looking forward to that report.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Looking forward to that report.

I hope it will be filed promptly upon acquisition of the material in question.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I still don't have it Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Ironbound thread   Overkill - Ironbound thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Ironbound thread
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next