Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth!

Go down 
+31
akeldama
Metal Misfit
Doomdance
Joe
Rex
Grimmo
nevermore
Gilbert
ZetaReticuli
exact33
7thSaviour
Smindas
JBall_Z
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
kmorg
Olafsto
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
Lari
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Fat Freddy
mc666
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Iced Earth! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:42 am

I own all of IE's releases and I like all of them to a large degree but nothing topped the RIpper stuff for me. Too bad his tenure in the band was truncated.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:56 am

akeldama wrote:
I own all of IE's releases and I like all of them to a large degree but nothing topped the RIpper stuff for me. Too bad his tenure in the band was truncated.

agreed but that is his trait though.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

Something Wicked is my fave followed by The Glorious Burden. Only album I won't listen to is The Crucible of Man, it's way too bloated and i'm really enjoying Incorruptible.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

agreed but that is his trait though.

Too true. I wonder if he's just difficult to work with? Personally I think Barlow is a tad overrated.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

akeldama wrote:
I somewhat agree, although I loved the stuff before him a lot more. Nothing tops Night of the Stormrider in their discography. However, I was really bummed when they kicked him to the curb, because he was so much better than Matt Barlow.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:
I somewhat agree, although I loved the stuff before him a lot more. Nothing tops Night of the Stormrider in their discography. However, I was really bummed when they kicked him to the curb, because he was so much better than Matt Barlow.

Stop drinking, you weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Wow, this is an old thread. A lot has happened since this was made.

Stu Block is a terrific front man and will soon be the longest standing Iced Earth lead vocalist.

EDIT: if you click on my signature you will find my ranking of all Iced Earth albums.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I think he adds a lot to them, where Barlow got stale IMO. Before Barlow left, they were starting to get pretty boring IMO, and it seemed like Ripper sparked a fire again. That's what I meant by him being better. Although I feel he is a better singer overall, I know Barlow gets the nod as the "voice" of Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
akeldama wrote:

I think he adds a lot to them, where Barlow got stale IMO. Before Barlow left, they were starting to get pretty boring IMO, and it seemed like Ripper sparked a fire again. That's what I meant by him being better. Although I feel he is a better singer overall, I know Barlow gets the nod as the "voice" of Iced Earth.

I like Block a lot now. I was not sure at first but he fits in very nicely.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm

The new ones sounds great, and I'll get it. I am, however, partial to the "Ripper" Owens stuff, especially This Glorious Burden, which is their Opus to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The new ones sounds great, and I'll get it. I am, however, partial to the "Ripper" Owens stuff, especially This Glorious Burden, which is their Opus to me.

The Gettysburg trilogy is effin brilliant!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4