Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth!

Go down 
+31
akeldama
Metal Misfit
Doomdance
Joe
Rex
Grimmo
nevermore
Gilbert
ZetaReticuli
exact33
7thSaviour
Smindas
JBall_Z
Dave the Boss
MetalFRO
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
kmorg
Olafsto
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
Lari
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
manny
Fat Freddy
mc666
QuothTheRaven
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iced Earth! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am

I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Smindas wrote:
I'm surprised they've gone back to Century Media - songs like 'Burnt Offerings' were meant to be about how much they disliked that label.

I wouldn't be surprised if their current label (SPV)'s bout with bankruptcy had something to do with IE jumping ship. Maybe with the restructuring going on there, SPV can't afford them anymore.

Either that, or Century Media came crawling to them on their hands and knees begging. "Pleeeeeeze come back, Jon. We haven't signed a band that's sold worth a squirt of piss since you left. I mean, just look at our roster. We signed Iwrestledabearonce, for cryin' out loud... We NEED you. We have kids to feed!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:
I'm surprised they've gone back to Century Media - songs like 'Burnt Offerings' were meant to be about how much they disliked that label.

I wouldn't be surprised if their current label (SPV)'s bout with bankruptcy had something to do with IE jumping ship. Maybe with the restructuring going on there, SPV can't afford them anymore.

Either that, or Century Media came crawling to them on their hands and knees begging. "Pleeeeeeze come back, Jon. We haven't signed a band that's sold worth a squirt of piss since you left. I mean, just look at our roster. We signed Iwrestledabearonce, for cryin' out loud... We NEED you. We have kids to feed!"
Iced Earth! - Page 3 201269 But true!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I too lost interest in these guys. Too much fluff. I'd have to be really blown away with the new material before I spend another dime on 'em. Maybe the new (old) label and the "retro sound" that is all the rage these days will invigorate Jon.

the last two albums have made me lose interest as well. I used to get IE regardless but now its a listen before I buy.

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

the last two albums have made me lose interest as well. I used to get IE regardless but now its a listen before I buy.
The last IE disc that really thrilled me was SWTWC.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm

How come the drum sound always sucks on IE albums. Honestly, I can't stand this band. I like Dracula, and Phantom Opera Ghost, and Ghost of Freedom, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I could never become a fan. I have two of their albums: the dark saga and horror show. Very good, but didn't make me want to hunt down the rest of their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Iced Earth! - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The last IE disc that really thrilled me was SWTWC.

The last disc to thrill me was "Crucible of Man"!

Every IE disc thrills me. I guess I'm probably their biggest fan here. Cool.

Iced Earth! - Page 3 438278
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 pm

I really enjoyed the first 2 albums
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:53 am

Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:30 am

Rex wrote:
Pulled out The Glorious Burden for the ride into work this morning. Man, this album rules. I don't care what anyone says, Tim Owens RULED in IE.

To each their own, that`s the album that made me lose interest in IE ....
I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:55 am

Olafsto wrote:
Rex wrote:

I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_smile

That's where they lost me too. I used to think it was because of Barlow's departure but he's back and Crucible of Man also does nothing for me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:04 am

Until Schaffer decides to go back to the simple song structures and loses the whole "I want these songs to be epic" Iced Earth will not grab me like they used to. When this band was on they were easily my favorite. Once Barlow left and Ripper came in I lost all interest in the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Until Schaffer decides to go back to the simple song structures and loses the whole "I want these songs to be epic" Iced Earth will not grab me like they used to.

I agree...trying to be all symphonic and epic and have all these intricate storylines, etc...it got boring...give me Dark Saga and Something Wicked...

I will agree that Ripper sounded great...but he usually does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Quote :

Preach!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:11 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

Preach!

x2! I think this is the best Ripper cd by far.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

Preach!

x2! I think this is the best Ripper cd by far.

x3 TGB is the shiznit, and Ripper is the reason for it. He should have never accepted the offer to join Iced Earth and just did this album as a guest vocalist because Framing Armageddon was a turd!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Rex wrote:

I have it for trade,for anyone who might agree with Rex Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_smile

That's where they lost me too. I used to think it was because of Barlow's departure but he's back and Crucible of Man also does nothing for me.

Yeah, same here. I'd rather put on Night of the Stormrider or Burnt Offerings again...
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 am

Bring it on!!!!

ICED EARTH Hard At Work On 'Inspired, Focused And To-The-Point' New Album - Feb. 14, 2011

U.S. power metallers ICED EARTH are hard at work on their tenth studio album, due later this year via Century Media Records.

Unlike 2008's "The Crucible Of Man" and 2007's "Framing Armageddon", the new CD won't be a conceptual effort. Instead, band leader Jon Schaffer promises a return to the raw-and-heavy sound of ICED EARTH's classic fan-favorite albums.

"I can tell you from the riffs and the attitude behind it," he said, "this is going to be a bad-ass record. This is inspired, focused, and to the point. This is really heavy stuff. It's a kick in the nuts."

He added: "People probably think I don't have it in me any more. But they're going to be proved wrong about that. I can tell you this: we're coming back with a vengeance. We're out for blood."

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:35 am

Quote :
Unlike 2008's "The Crucible Of Man" and 2007's "Framing Armageddon", the new CD won't be a conceptual effort.

Oh, thank God. If the next album was gonna be "Framing Armageddon Part III: Electric Boogaloo," I was gonna smash it with a hammer and send each piece back to Schaffer in separate envelopes marked "C.O.D." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 am

Good to hear. I am a big IE fan and even found the last 2 to be rather good,although I'm glad they're not going down the conceptual road again.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/157267

Quote :
Long-time vocalist Matt Barlow has retired from ICED EARTH.

In his heartfelt statement, Barlow cites his commitment to his family and the need for Iced Earth to tour more as the reasons for his retirement; however, he has committed to perform with Iced Earth on all 2011 European festival dates, which will be his last with the band.

Click the link for a long "goodbye" letter from Barlow to the fans.

Iced Earth! - Page 3 Rip2

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Again!?! Is he still a cop or did he retire from that too?

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:04 pm

LoL... damn that sucks though. Their last album wasn't that great so I was hoping for some kind of a better come back. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens now.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth!   Iced Earth! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next